We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
"Alchemical Ayahuasca" - a recipe off Erowid using just wood & brandy!? Options

embracethevoid
#1 Posted : 3/26/2013 12:29:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can someone please explain what's going on here? Is this just a plain alcohol extraction? What kind of oil/salt would a person be getting from the ash preparation before brandy even comes into the picture? What does leaving ash overnight to collect dew do to it?

So many questions!

https://www.erowid.org/e...riences/exp.php?ID=52303
Quote:
I have come to leave a tip to those whom it may concern. I am a member of a secret order that utilizes yage in a Hermetic setting, involving preparations of Alchemy & Ceremonial Magick. We use a method for extracting DMT & other alkaloids that does not involve dangerous chemicals. This method was put forth in an ancient alchemical book of pictoral stills with no words called the 'Mutus Liber,' or 'mute book.' I am here going to set forth our interpretation of this text so that those interested might utilize yage to it's full benifits.

Step 1: Burn enough wood to gather roughly 1 gallon of ashes. Grind these ashes down into a fine powder, & roast them over high heat in a ceramic pot until they are white to light gray.

Step 2: Cover this with water & boil for 10-15 min. Strain through coffee filter & return liquid to heat to evaporate. Boil down to salt crystals and place in oven to draw off excess moisture.

Step 3: Place salt crystals outside at 8:00pm. Leave them out over night to gather dew (this step cannot be over-looked), which will convert the salts to an oil that is powerful solvent. Pour this oil over the macerated herb (this will work for anything) in a mason jar. Cover mouth of jar with plastic wrap or baggie, restore lid, & bury for 3 days.

Step 4: Strain out plant matter & return liquid to jar. Pour in an equal amount of un-adulterated grape brandy, cover with plastic & lid, & shake vigorously. Store in dark hot room for 28 days, shaking daily. During this time the alcahol will absorb the 'magic' from the oil. Collect the alcahol & discard the oil.

Step 5: The alcahol can then ingested, or evaporated off to leave behind the magic salt.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

embracethevoid
#2 Posted : 3/26/2013 12:42:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Found the Mutus Liber depicted & analysed here:

http://www.legends-and-m...tion-alchemy-mutus-liber

Jin
#3 Posted : 3/26/2013 1:13:27 AM

yes

Big grin
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Enoon
#4 Posted : 3/26/2013 1:54:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

The part with the ashes sounds like they are making lye. What I don't understand is how they make an oil out of the lye with dew...
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

TheAwakening
#5 Posted : 3/26/2013 2:17:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is pretty interesting. I have thought that there must be a way to synthesize dmt from our environment because a plant does just this, not that I'm saying one way or another that this method will actually work as I have no idea. Maybe a few of us should give it a try and see what we find. I could certainly get enough ash together.

Edit: I just opened the webpage and noticed it talks about acacia and rue. I wonder if that means it needs to be an active acacia. Also where does rue come into it, it's not mentioned in the description of the method at all.

A.

jamie
#6 Posted : 3/26/2013 3:33:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

"Can someone please explain what's going on here?"

It's complicated. If you study alchemy in depth spagyric practices start to look more interesting..

I dont think that recipe is complete though..the alchemists furnace I think was likely burning only hydrogen and not carbon..sort of like bio-char..and I think bio-char might be pretty rich in ormus..

thats just my own thoughts though after studying ormus and working with it a bit..

..and it has nothing to do with making lye..the dew part is more complicated.

go study alchemy.
Long live the unwoke.

The Day Tripper
#7 Posted : 3/26/2013 4:17:10 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
They are making koh(potassium hydroxide~=lye), hydrating it overnight to make a "solvent" (not true at all, just a dangerous way to hydrate homemade koh (potassium hydroxide) that can be made from hardwood ash and water extraction/evaporation.

As far as the brandy step, thats incredibly dangerous. They are making a concentrated koh solution, not mentionioning its highly caustic, and mixing it with a hydrated alcohol. Koh will make it over into the alcohol, and into your lungs/body depending on your roa of the evaporated goo from the brandy.

Seems like some hippy psuedoscientfic method of extraction, from someone in the mindstate of being pissed off with people using artificial solvents in extraction. Yes, it will work, but the author should be ashamed of themselves for posting such dangerous and misleading advice.

koh from boiled/evaped woodash hydrated with dew is not a solvent, its a dangerously caustic basic solution. And brandy, a hydrated alcohol, will not seperate from a hydrated koh solution, thus leaving you with a highly caustic end product.

Terrible tek imho. Factual chemical science was not factored into the writing of this tek.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

jamie
#8 Posted : 3/26/2013 6:05:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

^they are outlining typical spagyric technique..it has nothing to do with making a base or anything for extracting..sure lye might end up being produced but not for the purpose you have assumed. It seems the whole tek is based on spagyrics which were popularized kinda late in the whole alchemical fad in europe.
Long live the unwoke.

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 3/26/2013 7:50:10 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

jamie wrote:
^they are outlining typical spagyric technique..it has nothing to do with making a base or anything for extracting..sure lye might end up being produced but not for the purpose you have assumed. It seems the whole tek is based on spagyrics which were popularized kinda late in the whole alchemical fad in europe.

But jamie, if you follow the procedure as outlined, things as the day tripper outlined will happen: you make a caustic salt out of the ashes; the caustic salt turns to an "oil" overnight, presumably hydrated by ambient humidity/dew; herbs are macerated in it and the enriched "oil" is retrieved; then enriched "oil" is mixed with brandy and the brandy absorbs the magic from the oil (?); and the brandy will separate from the "oil" (?).

I understand that in alchemy terms oil might not mean something non polar or that processes can be outlined that follow absolutely no logic from a scientific perspective but really, the above procedure really sounds like a fine way to make a dangerous, caustic end product.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Hieronymous
#10 Posted : 3/26/2013 10:00:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah you've got to be careful interpreting alchemical texts, a lot of the meaning is hidden in allegory and often the allegory is not in relation to chemistry, it's in relation to transformation of the spirit.

Without initiation into the mystery schools you will never understand the true meaning. Some of those texts are written in 2 parts & require a key (the second part) to decipher them and you're never going to find the keys published on the web.

Maybe this is a good to place to post the procedure to make the elixir of life as stated in Rosicrucian literature ?

Maybe not Twisted Evil

Parshvik Chintan
#11 Posted : 3/26/2013 11:13:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DRINK THE LYE WATER!
it gets you totally high, dude.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Jin
#12 Posted : 3/27/2013 9:43:19 AM

yes

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

jamie
#13 Posted : 3/27/2013 3:40:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
jamie wrote:

But jamie, if you follow the procedure as outlined, things as the day tripper outlined will happen: you make a caustic salt out of the ashes; the caustic salt turns to an "oil" overnight, presumably hydrated by ambient humidity/dew; herbs are macerated in it and the enriched "oil" is retrieved; then enriched "oil" is mixed with brandy and the brandy absorbs the magic from the oil (?); and the brandy will separate from the "oil" (?).

I understand that in alchemy terms oil might not mean something non polar or that processes can be outlined that follow absolutely no logic from a scientific perspective but really, the above procedure really sounds like a fine way to make a dangerous, caustic end product.

Sure I never said it was logical..it just reads like a typical spagyric preperation. Burning things down to ashes and collecting dew and weird oils etc is typical in alchemical and spagyric preperations.
Long live the unwoke.