We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
dmt in shroom substrate Options

Fuego
#1 Posted : 3/30/2009 6:58:26 AM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
whats the deal with this stuff... good information is hard to come by, and i havnt found any solid reports of people trying this. any information would be apreciated.

think for every hit of dmt you have having two trips of shrooms (50mg dmt --> 25mg psilocybin/psilocin X 2) i would say thats pretty fantastic, dont you agree?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

GirlsHateMe
#2 Posted : 3/30/2009 8:02:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you could manage to somehow bind a dmt molecule with the mycel in the jar without contaminating it. Or get it to take to a casing or cake or even bulk substrate.

Youd be quite the man around the scientific community, so if you do try it be sure to take heafty lab notes.

I havent read to much about it myself to be honest, just that a friend who is a scientist in norway urged a friend to give it a try for him since my unicorn knows people with access to both things.

Its a grail that I dont think will be attained by regular folk.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

Observant
#3 Posted : 3/30/2009 1:34:31 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

DMT is a 65% competetive inhibitor for Tryptophan decarboxylase.

http://www.shroomery.org...of-Psilocybin-Production

A document describing the chemistry behind the psilocybin production in mushrooms.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 3/30/2009 1:43:16 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

i think i read about this a while ago - it seems it works but there is a drawback -
it was something along the lines of - with dmt in the sub the mushies were 3 times as potent, BUT the yeild was 1/3rd as big - so nothing is gained.

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

GirlsHateMe
#5 Posted : 3/30/2009 3:58:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
i think i read about this a while ago - it seems it works but there is a drawback -
it was something along the lines of - with dmt in the sub the mushies were 3 times as potent, BUT the yeild was 1/3rd as big - so nothing is gained.

That doesnt make any sense, if you were to combine them and get them to grow, the drug in the shrooms wouldnt be the same at all, it would be a new drug, I cant recall the name.

So the yield being small might suck but you would be gaining a new experience.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

modsquad09
#6 Posted : 3/30/2009 5:14:02 PM

mods

id rather just eat shrooms..
then
smoke the dmt.

seems like youd just be getting a level 5 trip.. similar to aya & shrooms.. you might as well just make aya with shrooms in the tea.

but yea this would be cool just to document to see if it works i guess..

you need to smoke the stuff.
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 3/30/2009 5:48:57 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Theres one mushroom that actually contains DMT or related compounds.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Kannamate
#8 Posted : 3/30/2009 8:43:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well how close like different chemicals from all other mushrooms? Psilocin is 4-HO-DMT.

coz42
#9 Posted : 3/30/2009 9:41:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wouldn't know if means of potency increase, but using the leftover mark from aya brews makes a great substrate for more rapid colonization. Meaning the caapi vine ,etc. A little tweety told me even cacti has shown beneficial results.

psilocybin (4-HO-DMT) converts to psilocin (4-ACO-DMT) in the digestive process and makes its way up. Means of larger quantity in alkaloid content, couldn't know for sure. The substrate is meant to feed the mycelium medium as its food source so in the process of tryptophan decarboxylase, tryptamine is formed..
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

Kannamate
#10 Posted : 3/30/2009 9:54:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

actually isn't it the other way around psilocybin 4-PO-DMT metabolizes in psilocin 4-HO-DMT?

VisualDistortion
#11 Posted : 3/30/2009 10:14:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When ingested, the psilocybin will turn into psilocin. Psilocin can cross the blood brain barrier.
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Observant
#12 Posted : 3/30/2009 10:34:58 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

I am also very interested , i will ask Jochen Gartz specifically about introducing
Non Mushroom- Tryptamines to Funghi Substrates.

I will also ask if there are "direct-substrate" Plants which Compounds the Mushroom could further process.

Dr.Alexander Shulgin wrote:
However there is a very interesting study that took place in Leipzig about 15 years ago. Jochen Gartz, a mushroom explorer whom I know quite well, has done some fascinating studies with Psilocybe species by raising them on solid media containing strange tryptamines that are alien to the mushroom. Apparently the enzymes that are responsible for the 4-hydroxy group of psilocin are indifferent to what it is they choose to 4-hydroxylate. He has taken things like DPT or DIPT and put them in the growth media and the fruiting bodies that came out contain 4-hydroxy-DPT or 4-hydroxy-DIPT instead of psilocin. In fact, he has a patent on the process. These active compounds are made by the mushroom so they really are natural and yet they never have been observed in nature. I'll give you even odds that if you put spores of a psilocybe species on cow droppings loaded with 5-MeO-DMT you would come out with mushrooms containing 4,5-HO-MeO-DMT. This way you avoid a 10 step synthesis by growing a psychoactive mushroom that contains no illegal drug.

Quote:
Shulgin has explained that it could be possible to cultivate 4-HO-5-MeO-DMT in psilocybin mushrooms by adding 5-MeO-DMT to the growing substrate of the fungus. Though this method has never been explored with 5-MeO-DMT, it has been used successfully for changing DET into 4-HO-DET and 4-PO-DET, both of which had never before been found in nature.[2]

In the case of DET the mushrooms yielded only 4-HO-DET or 4-PO-DET respectively, instead of psilocin (4-HO-DMT) and psilocybin (4-PO-DMT), suggesting that the presence of the extraneous N-dialkylated tryptamines competed for the enzymes in the fungus mycelium that would normally produce psilocin. This method thus not only produced new chemical compounds that had never previously been made synthetically, but also rendered the fungus itself completely legal in many countries because of its absence of psilocin or psilocybin, although in countries with stricter drug analogue laws such as the USA or Australia the novel tryptamines produced would also be illegal.

Theoretically, this method would 4-hydroxylate and 4-phosphoryloxylate any tryptamine added to the substrate, opening the possibility of synthesizing as yet undiscovered tryptamines.

Further experimentation is absolutely required !! (;

regards , associativum
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

benzyme
#13 Posted : 3/30/2009 11:18:39 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

would make more sense to experiment using a substrate rich in tryptophan rather than adding dmt to it.

let the enzymes do the work along the metabolic pathway, using the natural building block l-tryptophan.
save your spice for hyperspace travels.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Observant
#14 Posted : 3/30/2009 11:37:33 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

benzyme wrote:
would make more sense to experiment using a substrate rich in tryptophan rather than adding dmt to it.

I agree , I wouldnt try it with DMT .

Quote:
The results (Table) show that 4—OH-tryptophan in contrast to tryptophan
(I) does not function as a precursor. Tryptamine (II) which is readily
formed from tryptophan by P. cubensis (3) serves as a better precursor of
psilocybin than tryptophan. N—Methyltryptamine (III) is a still better
progenitor of psilocybin but N,N-dimethyltryptamine (IV) is rather poorly
incorporated as judged from the dilution figures. However, if the poor
absorption of this compound by the fungus (less than 5%) is taken into
account, the high dilution factor does not make it an unlikely
intermediate. Psilocin (V) is effectively converted into psilocybin.
4-Hydroxytryptamine—C^14 is also incorporated into psilocybin but the
introduction of this compound led to the formation of one or two other
minor products not normally detectable in the cultures. Thus, it may be
questioned if this route via 4-hydroxytryptamine is normally occuring in
the fungus.

The Tryptophan Content of various Foods:
http://www.nutritiondata...00000-w.html?maxCount=56

But also take a look at these postings

Quote:

Quote:
"Attempted Molecular Cloning of Enzymes from the Psilocybin Biosynthesis Pathway in Psilocybe tampanensis"
http://meltingpot.fortun.../gregory/1042/index.html

This diploma thesis gives many references on psilocybin biosynthesis, psilocybin detection, mushroom culturing, and molecular biology methods.

benzyme
#15 Posted : 3/31/2009 12:11:09 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

regarding the shroomery thread: I don't see how feedback inhibition has anything to do with supplementing a product for further metabolism (i guess they postulate that tryptophan is used for other functional proteins, which is quite possible). it's obvious tryptophan decarboxylation is a rate-limiting step, so yes, it would also make sense to increase the expression of TDC.

tryptophan/tryptophan-containing substrates are cheaper than tryptamine, the latter which frankly, i wouldn't attempt to purchase (fastfred claims it's under the radar, and members have purchased it before). I mean sure, use tryptamine if available. I'd just assume use a sesame-flour based substrate with vermiculite. all indolealkylamines and ergolines are derived from tryptophan anyway.

http://www.mediafire.com...aloids-SecretsofLife.pdf

(see p. 37-39)
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Fatcat
#16 Posted : 4/3/2009 2:13:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if mushies 4-hydroxilate any tryptamine, than what would happen to bufotenin?
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

benzyme
#17 Posted : 4/3/2009 2:41:32 AM

analytical chemist

it would technically be 4,5-dihydroxy-n,n-dimethyltryptamine, or 4-hydroxy-bufotenine
but a google search didn't give anything on this compound Confused

'Coatl
#18 Posted : 10/31/2009 9:12:24 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Have y'all heard of "Peele's Lepiota"?
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

'Coatl
#19 Posted : 11/17/2009 7:03:12 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I've heard about "Peele's Lepiota" which is a mushroom that is supposed to contain DMT, LSA and other compounds.

http://www.entheogen.com...um/showthread.php?t=1757

http://www.google.com/we...&fp=b8148470ea1f7ec2

Oncewas
#20 Posted : 11/19/2009 6:42:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This has never been repeated. Several people have tried. Even still, dmt isn't that orally active and the enzymes use to eat up the tryptophan are limited. If I read correctly. On Shroomery they close a lot of threads with this premiss because people only talk about it and no one has any results(thousand posts about it prolly).

However if someone is bold enough to try it even after knowing this, that has access to gc/ms. I'd be curious to hear the results.

12NEXT