We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
instant enlightenment .... the awake REM method Options

hug46
#21 Posted : 3/22/2013 4:59:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
Jin wrote:
this bible thing is not cool bro , i am not really a preacher ..........i am more of a public defecator or whatever Big grin

That's what I like to hear Big grin I am more of a public urinator, mostly due to rampant beer consumption...

Funnily enough, not long after you mentioned public defecation, i discovered i had the runs. Perhaps we have a psychic bond.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jin
#22 Posted : 3/22/2013 5:14:03 PM

yes

nicechrisman wrote:
I was doing something similar the other day, but it was also different. I was sitting at the park in meditation looking out on the water at a buoy. The gentle rocking of the waves would cause it to disappear then reappear on a regular basis.

This is a park where there are lots of college hotties who come to work out. I was focusing on JUST seeing the bouy (or the lack of it) and trying not to look at any of the eye candy that passed by in front of me while I was doing it. I even intentionally put myself on a bench where I would be facing the path where people would walk by.

Interesting experience. I think this is kinda like what you are talking about. At least some aspects of it.

yes nicechrisman you're onto it , yet you need to keep looking more upwards and towards horizon ,and keep your eyes always in motion , in a painting there is always a background and a object , try thinking of reality like that and looking at all the fine details of the background , the awake REM is a real misleading term for this technique which i am starting to realize now as you really don't move your eyes like really haphazard or anything

Infundibulum wrote:
Jin wrote:
this bible thing is not cool bro , i am not really a preacher ..........i am more of a public defecator or whatever Big grin

That's what I like to hear Big grin I am more of a public urinator, mostly due to rampant beer consumption...

thanks for being easy on me brother , i know i have written too much BullS#!~ over the past 2 days , apologies for that , i guess its was the retention making me like this who knows Big grin ,

also i really kind of suffer with excess thinking and whenever i discover something that calms it out i feel like sharing so perhaphs those who suffer like me can gain something from it

i am really not up for preaching or starting any religiom , and am mostly a skeptic myself
my spirit is more like discovering something , may it be good , bad or plain silly ,and sharing it with others to see if they are getting results ,
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

No Knowing
#23 Posted : 3/23/2013 2:26:27 PM

fool adept

@Jin

Hey I tried your method during a bike ride and I would definitely say it produced feelings of wonder, awe, and thoughtlessness.

I found myself admiring mundane things like lawn chairs, a puddle, or moss on a tree. I also found that I seemed to be taking in more details about reality than I do during a usual bike ride.

Whenever I went real deep into it, my mind had no space to think and I was definitely locked in the moment. This was very NICE. Cool Every intellectual yearns for that thoughtless mystic experience and I am no exception. I will be trying this more often, along with your method of passing by strangers on the street.

Both of these methods remind me of descriptions of the "second attention" which as apposed to a male "looking" at reality (searching, seeking, finding, etc.) is composed of a female "seeing" of reality (taking in, choiceless awareness, seeing energy instead of form, etc.) The example I often here of how to experience second attention is to look at a tree or bush and look at the spaces in between the branches rather than the tree itself. This lends a different quality to perception.

As my eyes moved from object to object I felt as if the objects in between were being experienced in this mode.

This way also reminded my of how my perception often moves on low dose DMT, or after coming back from a breakthrough when I open my eyes.

Keep on pooping in public man. Thumbs up
In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

SpartanII
#24 Posted : 3/23/2013 4:01:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jin wrote:
at one point i had the power to go to a food joint and taste all the food by looking at it rather than putting anything in my mouth , have you ever eaten with your eyes , semen retention can help you there , think what happens when you look at a women embrace

i say pls embrace stop looking people in the eye , its impolite and especially someone retaining sexual energy should not do this ( i did not want to say this , however perhaps i must )

here is a cool trick i suppose you can add to your collection aswell , i did'nt want to share however perhaphs i must .... when going out anywhere never look at the people , look at the background what is behind the people , move your eyes rapidly from one object in the background to another notice all the details of archtechture around you , look at the trees , the shadows , the patterns ...... train your eye to look for details even in common things like a machstick or a cigarette pack , look a the details of your environment mostly ..... try focusing looking at the environment , also remember to move your eyes rapidly like your'e in REM only youre awake ......

do you know what being awake while dreaming means ? do you know what dreaming while awake means ?

awake REM , rapid eye moment while being awake is excellent for being the moment all the time .... try it and remember to look at all the details of your environment , and ignore people .....free your mind ...pun intended

Quote:
edit : one can also add paying attention to sounds and breath to this for amazing results

tip : try looking mostly in the upward direction and towards the horizon aswell

i stll havent added paying attention to smells , taste and feeling to this however much more will perhaps happen in time , however i am more of a visual person i guess however while eating food paying much attention to smell and taste will be amazing , i have yet to try this more fully no matter i keep eating always very unconciously yet i am not gaining any weight

I think I know what you're doing here, you may be onto something. "Dreaming Awake" is something that really fascinates me, as I have read a lot about it in Carlos Castaneda's books. In the books, Don Juan describes certain techniques called "Not-Doings" such as "Gazing" and "Dreaming", both of which can be done while awake that lead to unique states of consciousness such as "stopping the world", seeing everything as pure energy, and lucid dreaming.

Now I know Castaneda rolls a lot of eyes and ruffles some feathers around here, but I have found many of the techniques in his books very useful. I've practiced some and they actually work.

Here are a few quotes that seem related to what you are describing:

"To not-do what you know how to do is the key to power. In the case of looking at a tree or bush, what you know how to do is to focus immediately on the foliage. The shadows of the leaves or the spaces in between the leaves are never your concern. Start focusing on the shadows of the leaves on one single branch and then eventually work your way to the whole tree, and don't let your eyes go back to the leaves, because the first deliberate step to storing personal power is to allow the body to not-do. The body likes things like this. You can stop the world using this technique. Once you have succeeded, you must work as if nothing has happened to you and don't mention or even be concerned with any of the events you have experienced."

"Another way to learn how to do dreaming is by learning gazing. If you gaze at a pile of leaves for hours your thoughts get quiet. Without thoughts the attention of the tonal wanes and suddenly your second attention hooks onto the leaves and the leaves become something else. The moment when the second attention hooks onto something is called stopping the world."

"The difficulty in gazing is to learn to quiet down the thoughts. Once you can stop the world you are a gazer. And the only way of stopping the world is by trying. Combine gazing at dry leaves and looking for our hands in dreaming . Once you have trapped your second attention with dry leaves, you do gazing and dreaming to enlarge it."

“The internal dialogue is what grounds people in the daily world. The world is such and such or so and so, only because we talk to ourselves about its being such and such and so and so. The passageway into the world of shamans opens up after the warrior has learned to shut off his internal dialogue”

"The position of the body is of great importance while one is gazing. One has to sit on the ground on a soft mat of leaves, or on a cushion made out of natural fibers. The back has to be propped against a tree, or a stump, or a flat rock. The body has to be thoroughly relaxed. The eyes are never fixed on the object, in order to avoid tiring them. The gaze consists in scanning very slowly the object gazed at, going counterclockwise but without moving the head. The idea is to let your perception play without analyzing it."

"The effect you are after in gazing is to learn to stop the internal dialogue. To do that you can focus your view as gazers do or, as I've already told you, flood your awareness while walking by not focusing your sight on anything. That is, sort of feel with your eyes everything in the 180-degree range in front of you, while you keep your fixed and unfocused eyes just above the line of the horizon."

"The essential feature of sorcery is shutting off the internal dialogue. Stopping the internal dialogue is an operational way of describing the act of disengaging the attention of the tonal."

"Dreamers can gaze in order to do dreaming and then they can look for their dreams in their gazing. For example you can gaze at the shadows of rocks and then, in your dreaming , you might find out that those shadows have light. You can then, while gazing, look for the light in the shadows until you find it. Gazing and dreaming go together."

I hope you find this useful.Smile

Jin
#25 Posted : 3/23/2013 4:20:34 PM

yes

No Knowing wrote:
Hey I tried your method during a bike ride and I would definitely say it produced feelings of wonder, awe, and thoughtlessness.

its not really my method brother its i guess DMT's method , , i've also found looking at g-force graphics when not wanting to smoke DMT is also good practice for the eyes , no matter what don't concentrate too much and strain the eyes in any way just be playful keep moving and blinking them

from your post i know you totally understand the method now , so there is nothing i really have too add to that except , thanks for trying it out , and also remember to combine paying attention to sounds and breath if bychance thoughts are stubborn enough to keep intruding the mind

another thing brother i am not really sure as how it applies to riding a vehicle or driving a car , i kinda walk or run , however never really drive a vehicle generally so i am not sure if this is safe while doing that , however you must decide that since you know your ownself much better than i do

No Knowing wrote:
Keep on pooping in public man. Thumbs up

thanks bro , i am , i will , and forever Big grin

Jin
#26 Posted : 3/23/2013 4:35:14 PM

yes

SpartanII wrote:
In the case of looking at a tree or bush, what you know how to do is to focus immediately on the foliage. The shadows of the leaves or the spaces in between the leaves are never your concern. Start focusing on the shadows of the leaves on one single branch and then eventually work your way to the whole tree, and don't let your eyes go back to the leaves, because the first deliberate step to storing personal power is to allow the body to not-do. The body likes things like this. You can stop the world using this technique. Once you have succeeded, you must work as if nothing has happened to you and don't mention or even be concerned with any of the events you have experienced."[/i]

i think carlos is describing the same thing , i guess i was too dumb to pick this up when i had read carlos castaneda ,

SpartanII wrote:
"Another way to learn how to do dreaming is by learning gazing. If you gaze at a pile of leaves for hours your thoughts get quiet. Without thoughts the attention of the tonal wanes and suddenly your second attention hooks onto the leaves and the leaves become something else. The moment when the second attention hooks onto something is called stopping the world."

i am not sure what carlos is saying here , i think he's talking about concentration , same as looking at a candle flame to meditate perhaps , however i find methods of concentration really never help and are different from the moving gaze that is described below

SpartanII wrote:
The eyes are never fixed on the object, in order to avoid tiring them. The gaze consists in scanning very slowly the object gazed at, going counterclockwise but without moving the head. The idea is to let your perception play without analyzing it."[/i]

yes this is it , i guess i am re-learning carlos's technique , apologies people i've definetly read this before , forgotten , i guess i was thinking the technique was coming to me automatically , however this is definetly the same thing i am talking about and the credit should definetly go to Don Juan , carlos and DMT because without DMT i would still be too dumb to understand this

SpartanII wrote:
"The effect you are after in gazing is to learn to stop the internal dialogue. To do that you can focus your view as gazers do or, as I've already told you, flood your awareness while walking by not focusing your sight on anything. That is, sort of feel with your eyes everything in the 180-degree range in front of you, while you keep your fixed and unfocused eyes just above the line of the horizon."

"The essential feature of sorcery is shutting off the internal dialogue. Stopping the internal dialogue is an operational way of describing the act of disengaging the attention of the tonal."

"Dreamers can gaze in order to do dreaming and then they can look for their dreams in their gazing. For example you can gaze at the shadows of rocks and then, in your dreaming , you might find out that those shadows have light. You can then, while gazing, look for the light in the shadows until you find it. Gazing and dreaming go together."

I hope you find this useful.Smile

yes thank you Spartan

thanks for chiming in and contributing , this is definetly the same as what i am talking about

Jin
#27 Posted : 3/24/2013 7:21:31 PM

yes

wrote:
The eyes are never fixed on the object, in order to avoid tiring them. The gaze consists in scanning very slowly the object gazed at, going counterclockwise but without moving the head. The idea is to let your perception play without analyzing it."[/i]

i've found no use for going counterclockwise without moving the head , be more playful move your head , use any direction , flow and be playful

if your working try focusing at your work , use eyes playfuly , their is no need to act weird or look at the sky while chopping vegetables

looking in details also means focusing at your work while working and the head can be moved infact should be moved ..... i had to add this as its important i had apparently overlooked this

head should be moved in whichever direction you look at , go clockwise -counterclockwise , left/right or whatever way is applicable for the situation just look more and into details ..... this is about increasing your power of observation not acting weird in public

when i go out no-one thinks i act weird or anything like that because i don't , observing more is not about learning a very ancient trick , its more to do with being observant

e.g - when i write this i look at the alphabets on my computers keyboard , each and every alphabet , in different situations such as walking on the road different set of rules are applicable yet the art of focusing on each and every step remains the same

on a sidenote about eyecontact with humans - look only into eyes of human beings when in direct communication , also on/off , no need to stare at people in the eyes , communicate gently with your eyes

don't look into the eyes of every passing person , eye contact is only applicable when in direct contact otherwise its fruitless and offensive/weird for many

i hope this helps .... this eye contact info has been added for those practicing celibacy or even weirder practices because from personal observation i've found people having a normal sexual life tend to be much more relaxed and sane on many levels thus they really dont weirdfy everyone with eye games .....

peace everyone

nicechrisman
#28 Posted : 3/24/2013 7:45:12 PM

Kin

I'm not sure if I agree about the eye contact thing. I find that the more I calm my mind and cultivate kindness in my heart, the better people respond to my eye contact. I always accompany it with a smile, and it's rare that I don't get a smile in return, but you have to be humble and non aggressive about it. I'm always ready to look away if I get that the person isn't comfortable with it.

But if you mean in relation to this particular method, then I couldn't argue, as it's your method.
Nagdeo

Jin
#29 Posted : 3/24/2013 7:51:02 PM

yes

nicechrisman wrote:

But if you mean in relation to this particular method, then I couldn't argue, as it's your method.

i am not talking about this in relation to the method ,

i am talking about it purely as from the perspective of intelligent human behaviour and interaction

it just makes sense to look at people when talking to them otherwise not trying to confront every passing human with eye games ,

however i see nicechrisman you're humble and smiling while doing this so it may be good sometimes i suppose however not always and not everyone should be acknowledged , and their should be no confrontational attitude

very good attitude nicechrisman Thumbs up

Jin
#30 Posted : 3/26/2013 1:38:38 PM

yes

changalvia wrote:
Its neat tho, noticing patterns then noticing the inverted patterns (patterns inside patterns) like looking at the spaces between tree leaves and then looking further, unblurring your visiou to see what's on the other side, trying to see what shapes there are that we never usually see

recently a brother posted this to me and i am very impressed to see him having mastered this aspect of the technique , i would like to point out this is perfect and also not always applicable ...

because this is only applicable while sitting still or standing or in any fixed position , yet while moving around , like walking on the street just moving eyes from relevant object to another continuously is more than enough and paying too much attention to nuances and details of each and every object while moving is not atall fruitfull ....try looking at more objects then their tiny details

example while looking at a tree while walking notice the whole tree or a few details and move on to the next tree , road , sky , architecture , neon glow sign or whatever you look at next

if you are still then you could look at each and every leaf , all the shapes , design , colour , shadows and all of the details ,

looking at details is certainly an aspect of this trick however is not applicable while moving in nature , street or anywhere , where a person needs to move continuously ,move eyes , head and look around , just moving eyes from one relevant object to another , the path and even the background , sky , trees and all of that ,just looking around more all over the environment is enough and to make everything appear more 3d and make the trick work ,

playfullness and appropriate use of eyes i guess is the keyword

use this method also along with paying attention to hearing and breath , use all your senses

also if you strain your eyes in anyway that is not the right way , do not ever strain your eyes

above all be creative , i would like to quote something when it comes to this technique - there are no rules only tools

progress more with this method by trying it out and learn from yourself as you go along , learn what keeps you in the moment and what does'nt , do what helps you to be in the moment at all times , be relentless , its like waking up to the mystery keep walking up forever and let go of thinking , let it go each and every moment to be aware

no rules only tools

use what you find useful in the technique to your advantage in daily life , learn more by practicing and from your own observations of everything and decide what is applicable when

i have covered everything regarding this technique now in full detail of all the nuances applicable to this particular trick

thats covers it all , thank you people for reading , i hope this is useful

embracethevoid
#31 Posted : 3/30/2013 2:09:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When I walk near trees, I look at them in a certain way that causes a dolly-pan zoom effect as I walk by. It vivifies the 3D nature of their shapes and makes you feel very present and grounded.

My vision isn't so great to look at details but when I exercise, I'm always scanning the area for any potential threats to survival and this definitely keeps you present.

However I have not specifically been able to try the technique in the OP. Gotta correct my vision.

PREV12