We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Reiki (I know what you're thinking!) Options

۩
#1 Posted : 3/20/2013 10:58:56 PM

Whenever I used to hear the word Reiki I would scoff-
Oh you're healing someone just by thinking about them?
All you need to do is touch someone and they are healed?

Little did I know I was just misinterpreting it.
And not only was I misinterpreting it, but most of the people I had ever conversed with or read from was as well.
Just like any other system it had been hijacked by the New Agers and people thought they were doing something they understood but for the most part were just making shit up. Of course I am just speaking generally here.

It wasn't until one day I was smoking hash with a very psychedelic and intuitive woman I work with (she's almost 50 and looks to be in her 20s or 30s and has told me some absolutely phenomenal stories about tripping that would blow your minds) who is a healer and dabbles in what she calls Reiki when my mind was able to be open enough to truly grasp the potential of this system.

Automatically she puts her hands on my shoulders while we are in a fluorescent lit room full of people and gets to work learning about what needs to be done just by feeling. I close my eyes and completely relax in my chair still sitting down but with my back up straight. She pulls my shoulders back with quick, agile, strong, and fluid movements also working on my neck and head. Moving things around in ways they probably never have been. Then all of a sudden she did something to my neck...

See... I've had problems with nerves in my throat and right ear almoat my whole life. I have grown used to it but sometimes and especially in the past it has brought much pain and grief to my life. No one has ever been able to tell me exactly what is wrong with it. I've met one other petson with the same condition and same background with lots of ear infections and anti-biotic use as kids. We both can't pop our ears and have similar symptoms. So with that background information stated, when she moved to my neck she literally MOVED something inside of it. Something that felt squishy or cartilage-like and at least the size of a marble located on the right side of the neck underneath the ear and jaw. We both felt and heard it shift positions. I have absolutely no idea what this piece of me was but as soon as it was back into place something happened.

I was gone.
I was no longer me.
The room disappeared.
I was flying through a vortex of neon and pastel light at high speeds.
I thought for a split second that I had died!
She ripped an artery out of place and I was dead!!!!!
But after a while I realized I was still thinking. Still breathing.
The G-Forces were immense and very strong. I was light as a feather and soaring.
If I was not familiar with psychedelics or other phenomenological states like sleep paralysis this would have been absolutely terrifying- but I gave in and let go and slowly came back to reality while she kept working on me. I figured even if I had died oh well there was nothing I could do about it and freaking out wouldn't make any difference.

The whole thing lasted about as long as DMT would but it wasn't very DMT-like. The space wasn't alive or folding. It was just an illuminated vortex of detachment. So with this in mind I don't think you could blame DMT for this it must have been something else either chemically or biologically induced somehow. Or you can just look at it spiritually and the droplet of my existence simply melded back into the pool of possibilities from which we all come from...but that doesn't really explain things pragmatically.

When she eventually stopped and I opened my eyes everything was glowing and I felt distant, calm but regenerated and very aware. I felt amazing. Some kind of drug or drugs were just flushed into my system or something. I really don't know.

"HOLY &^%*(**%&!!!!!!!!!!!" I spent the next 10 minutes ecstatically explaining what had happened to her and everyone else in the room who were just as baffled as I was. And apparently I am not the first person to have had this happen from her work. She told me a story about how she was working on people at a festival and one person must have had something similar happen because when they came back they freaked out on her and asked her something along the lines of: "How dare you!? Who do you think you are messing with such powerful forces?!" Laughing

I was so relaxed and high that I took the rest of the night off work and just passed out feeling so amazing and refreshed! I still have no idea what she did to me but it was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had that wasn't psychedelically induced. And I THOUGHT I WAS INTUITIVE. She blew my mind! This experience really opened me up a lot more to just how intuitive people can be. Sure, cannabis can be psychedelic, but not when you smoke as often as I do. I need to eat some serious edibles to get far out and even then it's nothing like what had happened to me after she shifted that thing in my neck. But cannabis definitely played a key role in what happened here. I often get the intuitive urge to do things immediately after using it. There is something about it when used for "tuning-in" purposes can be very effective compared to the illusion of sober-states. She told me we must have been communicating on a soulular level for a while before this happened and our bodies just converged automatically to make it happen.

I wrote this up for the Nexus because we can think we are so right all of the time. We can think we truly understand something. But just like how DMT shows us- some things can not be understood unless they are directly experienced, and even then, some things are just not meant to be understood. Maybe other members of the community could chime in on similar experiences with Reiki, healing, or other endogenous psychedelic experiences that have happened to them.

Could the thyroid gland or lymph nodes have anything to do with this?

This happened months ago and I am still mystified.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Orion
#2 Posted : 3/20/2013 11:26:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Smoalk M- actually yes.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

universecannon
#3 Posted : 3/20/2013 11:37:52 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

did it help with your nerves at all? regardless, thats still incredibly awesome

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

nicechrisman
#4 Posted : 3/20/2013 11:58:43 PM

Kin

This really hot, really nice girl that I am friends with has been studying reiki and wants to do some on me. I was all like "yes please"
Nagdeo

hug46
#5 Posted : 3/21/2013 12:07:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

nicechrisman wrote:
This really hot, really nice girl that I am friends with has been studying reiki and wants to do some on me. I was all like "yes please"

Rock on!! You know the score...Thumbs up

۩
#6 Posted : 3/21/2013 2:34:03 AM

I am a very enthusiastic person as many of you can tell especially when it comes to phenomenal experiences. I am always very ecstatic these days. What a contrast compared to those who knew me a while back.. My work and social life are no exception to this energy that I put into my writing. I feel like this is one way I have integrated hyperspace into my waking life. Or maybe I was just born with a lightning bolt in my heart?! I am pretty much like this with everyone and everything... doesn't mean I want to screw them!

Furthermore, seeing as how I was already taken at the time by someone who was there when this happened (who I am still with), and this person who did this is with a friend of mine,
and no we are not polyamorous or swingers, you could hardly justify such an experience with such a silly word. Nice try though! Moving along.

You could call this whatever you wanted to. Systems of spiritual praxis are not objective things.
The point is this is what happened whether you want to call it Reiki or not.
Reiki means something different to everybody who uses the word as pointed out in the post.
Most people have a very feeble understanding of the way it works or how to integrate anything functional from it
and just rehash a bunch of BS from a book or website. Hence why I never paid it any mind until this happened.
This is how all words work, too. Look at the words good and bad for example. No one has the same understanding of and relation to any word.
They are just little markers that we use to help us pretend we all live in the same universe as partitioned beings.
Who here remembers that old Terence McKenna quote which is pure gold?: "When you realize that the world is made of words and that if you know the words that the world is made of you can make of it whatever you wish."

The fact that there are people that can learn how to tune into a person intuitively by the use of psychedelic drugs like mushrooms and DMT along side with physical experimentation over time
and know where the person they are working on is messed up whether they realize it or not
and induce such a profound experience in conjunction with healing is incredibly inspiring to me.
There are so many people in this world who would never consider the notion that something like this is possible. Both with giving and receiving.
Reminds me of the stories of "shamans" being able to tune into those in their presence knowing exactly where and what is wrong with them.
That's something I have never experienced and always looked at skeptically. This is the only thing that comes close that I have any experience with but I am a little more open minded about it all now.

I would love to be able to say that I am capable of such things, but I am not (at least not yet), I am just grateful I am open enough to be able to experience them.
I don't think I know anyone else personally that is on that level and I think there is a lot to be learned by what happened here hence why I felt like sharing.
If you ask me we should all be striving to have abilities like this. But, genetically, evolutionarily, and socially speaking there must be a reason so few actually can. Especially when you consider there is no system for intuitive development that is taught in this culture except from the self or parents.

As for the nerves- yeah they felt cleared up in the same way a good dose of LSD leaves me feeling for a few days which was cool.
I got a lot of insight into why I am the way that I am because of the shift as well. Seeing myself under the light of what could be and under the light of what I am is humbling and inspiring.
I was more impressed and in awe at the experience and how high I was after for days without the use of a tryptamine or beta carboline.
That is something that I am. That light. That glowing state. That is a gift that lingers that I cherish and another hint into the various possibilities of our existence which I hunt for like deer on my path. Most of the time they just appear.

Soothsayer (and maybe others)...you probably remember the story of the worm in the dream and my friend who was able to tell me about my dream without me even speaking to her,
all I had to do was focus on her face, name, and location and she contacted me which subsequently occured after I laid down and smoked a spliff and was basically automatically instructed to do so.
Well, she was into Reiki too. I never understood why and thought it was BS at the time as this was years ago.
I guess some people just use the word in a way that actually means something.
There's definitely some voodoo going on here beneath the surface! Never underestimate the power of yourself and those around you.

۩
#7 Posted : 3/21/2013 3:25:15 AM

Hug you crack me up!
I'll make sure to do that
even though shes about twice my age
has two kids
and is not my type at all.

I would be highly skeptical of any so called Reiki
that wasn't performed by an intuitive psychonaut.

I guess this wasn't even Reiki by definition?
Some kind of improv spin off?
Whatever it was left a badge on the vest of my soul
with a whole lot of wonder.

hug46
#8 Posted : 3/21/2013 3:40:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Hug you crack me up!
I'll make sure to do that
even though shes about twice my age
has two kids
and is not my type at all.

Details, details...... don"t bother me with details, get in there my son Wink

۩
#9 Posted : 3/21/2013 3:54:50 AM

Le sigh
Laughing

Shadowman-x
#10 Posted : 3/21/2013 4:09:35 AM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

Actually house, some time soon I intend on trying a reiki session with this guy who's a strange, slightly ecclectic spiritual dude who happens to share my birthday.
He's recently done alot of intense crystal reiki healing sessions on a girl I know who I'm quite into and I actually really firmly believe the things she tells me about them.
Despite being a complete skeptic,somehow the way she articulates the experiences (very similar to what you say) makes me curious to experience it. I mean hell. why not?

Im gonna give it a shot. This is even more confirmation that i should.

:} maybe we'll smoke changa and do it. aw yeah.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Wax
#11 Posted : 3/21/2013 7:48:03 AM

LUVR

I would have never believed this a few weeks ago, but I actually had a similar, although much less intense Reiki experience just the other day.

I had been invited to sit in on a Reiki/sound therapy session so I figured "what the hell." I had never thought much of such practices and although I had been interested, I never really believed they could actually do much more than a bit of tension relief. Anyway, we were a few minutes into the session and I was trying to clear my mind but couldn't help thinking what a load of crap it was and that my intuition had been correct. Just then the Reiki worker sat behind me, rubbed some lavender oil on her hands and cupped my head in her hands. Instantly I felt an immense vibration inside my skull right smack dab in the middle of my forehead.

I had my eyes closed so I wasn't quite sure what was going on but it made such an impression on me that I had to ask after the session was over. She simply stated that she had placed her hands on my head. I was shocked that it was mere touch, I was stone sober at the time and actually quite unfocused before this experience. The rest of the session paled in comparison and I spent it wrapped up in astonishment that I had actually felt something that was quite intense and completely unexpected.

I definitely have a renewed interest and faith in Reiki, especially after hearing your story.
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

bemeda
#12 Posted : 3/21/2013 8:59:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Holy hell. I had a good friend years back whose ex's mom was a reiki master. He said that she used to give him reiki sessions and would tell me things like "It'll get you WAY higher than weed. There's nothing else like it." I didn't press him on this, writing it off because I just couldn't believe it.

My only experience with reiki was on the street, standing on the sidewalk with my palms up and a young student practitioner just mimed in front of me, milked some invisible cow teats for a few minutes, and then asked me if my hands felt slightly warm. I shrugged a polite yes, feeling nothing really, and threw out their pamphlet after walking away.

Now I'm starting to think I should hunt down a good practitioner and give this a proper sit-down shot...

d-T-r
#13 Posted : 3/21/2013 9:22:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Worth checking this thread for some of i what i already wrote about Reiki, and my experiences with it. Finding a genuine practitioner is key. If they are legit, you should be able to tell, just by their massive genuine levels of enthusiasm and all round energy levels. Finding a reiki master familiar with spice will surely help too Big grin

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=332920#post332920

Something from TED last year,

http://www.ted.com/conve..._power_behind_a_sha.html

" in my Bioelectricity class this week, We learned that it is the low resistance pathways between the billions of myocardial cells in the heart that allow this amazing organ to beat in synchrony. We also learned that in a particular study, one subject's EKG could be measured on another person's EEG simply through touch http://www.reiki.org/Download/electricity_of_touch1.pdf It's incredible to think that a signal we are not consciously aware of can have a measurable impact on another person's mind and even heart.

Thinking more broadly: Who hasn't felt an urge to yawn within a few minutes of being in the presence of other yawning people? Or burst out laughing over an absurd happening that might not really have been funny? We encounter these types of shared experiences throughout our everyday lives.

Low resistance enables heart cells work together in synchrony. How can we
as species, work together taking advantage of our connected world?

Summary From the PDf:

Summary
KEY WORDS: Touch, energy, healing, ECG, EEG, coherence, emotion, stochastic resonance, signal averaging

The idea that an energy exchange of some type occurs between individuals is a central theme in many healing tech-
niques. This concept has often been disputed by Western science due to the lack of a plausible mechanism to explain the
nature of this energy or how it could affect or facilitate the healing process. The fact that the heart generates the strongest
electromagnetic field produced by the body, coupled with the recent discovery that this field becomes more coherent as the
individual shifts to a sincerely loving or caring state prompted us to investigate the possibility that the field generated by the
heart may significantly contribute to this energy exchange.

We present a sampling of results which provide intriguing evidence that an exchange of electromagnetic energy pro-
duced by the heart occurs when people touch or are in proximity. Signal averaging techniques are used to show that one’s
electrocardiogram (ECG) signal is registered in another person’s electroencephalogram (EEG) and elsewhere on the other
person’s body. While this signal is strongest when people are in contact, it is still detectable when subjects are in proximity
without contact.

This study represents one of the first successful attempts to directly measure an energy exchange between people, and
provides a solid, testable theory to explain the observed effects of many healing modalities that are based upon the assump-
tion that an energy exchange takes place. Nonlinear stochastic resonance is discussed as a mechanism by which weak,
coherent electromagnetic fields, such as those generated by the heart of an individual in a caring state, may be detected and
amplified by biological tissue, and potentially produce measurable effects in living systems. One implication is that the
effects of therapeutic techniques involving contact or proximity between practitioner and patient could be amplified by
practitioners consciously adopting a sincere caring attitude, and thus introducing increased coherence into their cardiac
field.

AlbertKLloyd
#14 Posted : 3/21/2013 12:44:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have been married to a reiki practitioner for many years, over a decade.

Interesting stuff.

I practice certain stuff, mind energy intent work and there are a similarities.
I like the effects of this kind of thing.

Doodazzle
#15 Posted : 3/22/2013 12:28:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I went to take a reiki class last summer.

I went in semi-skepticle. i mean, I've seen amazing things, experienced things that I can't readily explain....but reiki is often espoused by people who seem a bit wishy-washy-flakey-new-agey, to me. But I wanted to heal myself and was willing to explore various options.

The class was a few hours of chart studying, chakras and what-not, and discussions. Then the teacher took us into a back room, one at a time, for an attunement. I was told to close my eyes....my arms were manipulated into a different position....I dunno.

The second half of the class was spent practicing reiki techniques on each other. Nothing too special there. i thought I maybe felt something, but nothing too amazing. But on the ride home, a physical malady came up on me rather quick. It started as a tickle in my throat. By the time I had gotten home, a 20 minute ride, my throat was full of white sores. research pointed me towards tonsil stones....but that diagnosis did not really fit. They were like canker sores in all ways, and they disappeared after a week or so.

I've had other experiences also, which I won't go into right now. Anyway, my working hypothesis and my gut feeling about the throat sores: reiki works, sometimes anyway. Something is there, though I too doubt that most people get it. When a person does get it...how to convey that knowledge? The reki attunement did something to me. brought out some poison that I carried with me way too long. The experience catalyzed a change in my over-all attitude in life. I won't get into that right now either, but I'll say it's been overall positive and I'm still working on it.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

universecannon
#16 Posted : 3/22/2013 5:45:12 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

۩ wrote:

Soothsayer (and maybe others)...you probably remember the story of the worm in the dream and my friend who was able to tell me about my dream without me even speaking to her,
all I had to do was focus on her face, name, and location and she contacted me which subsequently occured after I laid down and smoked a spliff and was basically automatically instructed to do so.
Well, she was into Reiki too. I never understood why and thought it was BS at the time as this was years ago.
I guess some people just use the word in a way that actually means something.
There's definitely some voodoo going on here beneath the surface! Never underestimate the power of yourself and those around you.

Ahh, i remember the mysteries of the worm. Funny she was reiki to..It was a hernia, right?

One of Philip K Dicks experiences comes to mind:

At one point, Dick claimed to be in a state of enthousiasmos with VALIS, where he was informed his infant son was in danger of perishing from an unnamed malady. Routine checkups on the child had shown no trouble or illness; however, Dick insisted that thorough tests be run to ensure his son's health. The doctor eventually complied, despite the fact that there were no apparent symptoms. During the examination doctors discovered an inguinal hernia, which would have killed the child if an operation was not quickly performed. His son survived thanks to the operation, which Dick attributed to the "intervention" of VALIS.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

۩
#17 Posted : 3/22/2013 6:00:20 PM

...mind=blown...

Pandora
#18 Posted : 3/22/2013 6:57:42 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

What am I thinking? You get only one guess. And yes, it is definitely directly related to Reiki . . . .

Very happy
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

۩
#19 Posted : 3/22/2013 7:01:28 PM

Channeling Pandora...
...I see...
...cats

Pandora
#20 Posted : 3/22/2013 7:53:33 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

۩ wrote:
Channeling Pandora...
...I see...
...cats

Sorry. I was sincerely wondering if you'd recommend it for cancer treatment, especially cancers of the head and neck. . .
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

12NEXT