We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Preferential Biosynthesis and Retention of Endogenous DMT (a progressive thread) Options

InMotion
#21 Posted : 3/23/2013 11:56:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

Factors affecting the urinary excretion of endogenously formed dimethyltryptamine in normal human subjects

Oon, Michael C. H.1; Murray, Robin M.1,2; Rodnight, Richard1,2; Murphy, Marion P.1,2; Birley, James L. T.1,2

Institute of Psychiatry, Departments of Biochemistry and Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, Denark Hill SE5 8AF London UK
NIMH, Section on Clinical Neuropharmacology, Bethesda Maryland USA

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jin
#22 Posted : 3/24/2013 1:01:39 AM

yes

embracethevoid wrote:

So yes, you definitely can induce DMT-states just moving energy from your core to the third eye. This is applicable if you practice some form of energy cultivation (and what are you waiting for!). The experience is a more voidy light-filled visual modality, but it beared the exact resemblance to smoalked spice, mixed with some other hallucinogen.

embrace as you know i have been doing my fair share of weird practices , however inducing a DMT trip with something else does not seem so possible

even in the magnetic stimulation report ... strassman stated that volunteers of the dmt experience had stronger effects than those that could be achieved with electrical stimulation or whatever

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

benzyme
#23 Posted : 3/24/2013 1:42:22 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

agreed

people don't seem to grasp the concept that millimolar
concentrations in plasma give the impressive visionary states.
anecdotes aside, those levels are never attained endogenously.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

benzyme
#24 Posted : 3/24/2013 3:02:31 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

those plasma conc. levels were cited by Thompson et. al (1999), and Presti et. al (2004).
normal levels are low nM (>0.1 nM).

as someone who works in the medical field, you should probably realize that the natural preferential pathway in tryptophan metabolism tends to favor serotonin synthesis, not DMT. If you can find a paper which shows otherwise, I'd be more than willing to review it.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

benzyme
#25 Posted : 3/24/2013 3:24:38 PM

analytical chemist

that's nice.
I can cite papers all day regarding enzyme inhibition, but what about showing preferential synthesis of DMT? you know, evidence that levels can reach 10,000-fold from baseline in various attained altered states of meditation and sensory deprivation.

benzyme
#26 Posted : 3/24/2013 3:32:40 PM

analytical chemist

I didn't say you were
but you're proposing that somehow, that pathway can be bypassed, and you can elevate plasma levels to those reached by exogenous DMT ingestion. there isn't even scant evidence to support this, nor empirical data; a lot of speculation and anecdotes though.
there are several threads with the pathway mapped out, and several reasons why certain precursors won't yield DMT, why the pineal gland isn't a likely candidate for its production, and various other rants.

benzyme
#27 Posted : 3/24/2013 3:39:57 PM

analytical chemist

I think what would be desired is the controlled upregulation of 4.1.1.28, during inhibition of 1.14.16.4, but I don't see how that could safely be achieved.

benzyme
#28 Posted : 3/24/2013 4:12:55 PM

analytical chemist

you'll need to search, using an appropriate boolean string, for those threads, as they're sort of old.
I can appreciate the scientific curiousity, but I don't see how this project can be beneficial (other than understanding the metabolic mechanisms at work), and may lead to unforeseen consequences by tampering with the body/brain safety mechanisms. I get the idealistic implications, the practicality of it is another story altogether.

embracethevoid
#29 Posted : 3/24/2013 4:22:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
that's nice.
I can cite papers all day regarding enzyme inhibition, but what about showing preferential synthesis of DMT? you know, evidence that levels can reach 10,000-fold from baseline in various attained altered states of meditation and sensory deprivation.

I don't think it's DMT itself doing the psychedelia. Purely trying to make sense of experience, it's more like DMT is a key to the hyperspatial world in the same way that melatonin is the key to the sleeping world. They open the doors but the mind still has to volitionally go through it, and this would be found in the receptor response to these substances, e.g. turning on a blue light will rapidly switch off melatonin synthesis but the person might still be able to go to sleep now the door is 'unlocked'.

It seems more the pathways are already there in the way the brain operates and hallucinogens just tune it into a different resonance mode thereby spitting out some of its own output back into the mind. Shamanic trance can be attained entirely without hallucinogens altogether and so can the hyperspacial world in those states.

The problem is that we might be looking for a tree when we should really be looking for a forest. It doesn't *have* to be DMT in X concentration causing this, it could be a whole synergy of various substances and networks. I can only relate from my own experience that the body can synthesise some interesting hallucinogens without any outside stimulus; when the kundalini energy is really high I start tripping on some strange LSDDMT-like endogenous product. It possessed dissociative effects like NMDA-ergic substances but it gleamed with the vibrant visual phenomena of classical hallucinogens. An infinitely fine grid overlaid everything and reached into every single sense.

It had visual characteristic of Ayahuasca - full spectrum 3D visuals, of things like this:

This is a separate instance to my aforementioned experiences in this thread. Whatever this hallucinogen is, I'd love to know.

embracethevoid
#30 Posted : 3/24/2013 4:26:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Benzyme, what do you think of the ability of a Qi Gong master to project a magnetic field several orders of magnitude higher than normal?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1353653
Detection of extraordinary large bio-magnetic field strength from human hand during external Qi emission.
Seto A, Kusaka C, Nakazato S, Huang WR, Sato T, Hisamitsu T, Takeshige C.

Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Showa University, Tokyo, Japan.

It is generally accepted that more than 10(-6) gauss order magnetism was not detected in normal human condition. However, we detected 10(-3) gauss (mGauss) order bio-magnetic field strength from the palm in special persons who emitted External Qi ("Chi" or "Ki"Pleased. This detection was possible by special arranged magnetic field detection system, consisted of a pair of 2 identical coils with 80,000 turns and a high sensitivity amplifier. Each of the coils were rolled 80,000 turns accurately, and were connected in series in opposite direction, actuating as a gradiometer.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9051169
Emission of extremely strong magnetic fields from the head and whole body during oriental breathing exercises.
Hisamitsu T, Seto A, Nakazato S, Yamamoto T, Aung SK.

Department of Physiology, Showa University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan.

This article reports the result of an experiment that was designed to measure the biomagnetic field emanating from two individuals who were practising traditional Oriental Qi Gong breathing exercises. The biomagnetic field was measured with differential coils wound 80,000 turns, a magnetic needle compass and a digital electromagnetic wave detection device. It was found that an extremely strong magnetic field was emitted from the two individuals. One subject emitted a magnetic field at the level of 200-300 mT (2-3 mGauss) and the other at 0.13 mT (1.3 mGauss). In both cases, moreover, the magnetic needle compass rotated 30 degrees (this was tested 32 times). When the rotation of the needle occurred, a reproducible magnetic field of 800-1500 mT (8-15 mGauss) was indicated on the digital measuring device (this was tested 12 times). It is concluded that traditional Oriental Qi Gong breathing appears to stimulate an unusually large biomagnetic field emission.

Is that 1.5T? 1.5T is a very strong field -

Quote:

http://uk.answers.yahoo....id=20101015011340AAQCF5e
Most of the magnets you run into every day have strengths on the order of militesla.

A 1T magnet would be 1000 times more powerful. [Or was it microtesla and a million times more?]

I had the privilege of messing with an old 1T magnet in a college physics lab.
It was unreal. You had to take all the metal out of your pockets and take off any jewelry prior to entering the chamber with the magnet. People with fillings in their teeth were issued bite guards and told to keep their mouths closed and their teeth lightly clenched.

Part of the experiment involved trying to hold an iron bar in the field. In particular, you held the bar between the poles aligned with the field, then the field was turned on. You then had to try to turn the rod like a doorknob. The field was so strong it was impossible to twist. To demonstrate how powerful the magnet was, a concrete brick was placed on one side of the magnet, and we all stood twice the distance from the magnet on the other side. A metal (tin) can was then released from our side of the magnet. The can accelerated past the poles of the magnet, then smashed into the brick (completely crushing the can) then was quickly peeled off the brick by the magnetic force and drawn back into the magnet, where it eventually found its way to the bottom pole where it stuck and was held strongly by the magnet. It was unreal/awesome.

We were told that the magnet would easily rip off earrings, leaving bloody torn flesh. If it ripped something metal out of your jacket, like a paperclip or even the zipper tab, woe be he who has the tab whip to the other side of the magnet then come boomeranging back at your eye or some other piece of soft tissue.

The correct general impression was left -- a 1T magnet is hugely powerful and can be quite dangerous if you don't know what you're doing and are not careful and mindful of what you have and are doing around it.
Source(s):
The magnet was one that was replaced from an old particle accelerator the university has on campus.

There was nothing wrong with it beyond it being outside spec for the accelerator, so they kept it for lab demonstrations.

benzyme
#31 Posted : 3/24/2013 4:32:32 PM

analytical chemist

purple_dye wrote:
Maybe. Maybe not. The answer may be very simple and safe. It’s too early to say at this point. I will discuss the safety issue in detail upon proposal of a trial.

i'm curious as well, and you undoubtedly are aware of safety implications.
others have discussed going beyond traditional MAOI inhibition, into cytochrome inhibition, without realizing that they aren't specific to only one substrate.

I'm confident you will find answers to your questions, and you already know that the skepticism is part of science. Razz
keep us posted. Big grin

embracethevoid, I have no knowledge about Qi Gong, and the magnetic field effects on the human body.
sounds very fascinating though.
1.5T? wth..wow

Jin
#32 Posted : 3/24/2013 6:24:45 PM

yes

i guess its purely research that guide's you purple dye ,

otherwise you could also get effects from syrian rue and mimosa

also as far as i hear and i am not claiming its true or false...... i've read somewhere about Schizophernic patients having higher endogenous trytamine concentration in their urine , if you're successful would this lead to temporary experience of schizophernia ?

what would be the real benifit from such a situation ?

the only result would be the answer to the question is it possible to raise DMT levels within your body ?

it would be better if you would team up with another researcher to carry out research , to make it easier to monitor you while you're going through all this , you'll need to measure your blood , urine and all the other tissue samples , sleep patterns , visual acuity , tests to monitor your intellectual and cognitive abilities (i clearly have no idea what i am talking about , however you get the idea i've seen some documentriesBig grin )

such tests to could further add to all that what is purely good research , teaming up with another researcher seems to be the only good idea here ( i am not talking about me , just find someone closer to yourself )

without monitoring all this you can only talk about the subjective effects which can be really anything , and purely subjective research will not serve anything as it can be subjectively different for everyone

if you're able to complete this research it will add something to what is already there and perhaps make the picture clearer , perhaps many will repeat this themselves to become molecular generators , we do not know , we can only hope ........

i wish you well in such endevours , bring us some data , also if you're able to get your blood and urine samples analyzed , or if you're skilled enough to do such things may i recommend another interesting project https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=41073 , pls look into it into your spare time , may your work bring you fruit

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

plumsmooth
#33 Posted : 3/24/2013 6:49:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure how to contribute to this but:

i recently switched from 5-htp to Tryptophan for boosting sleep a couple times a week.
I had been reading about 5-htp and seritonin in body being bad for heart.

I had also encountered this but had forgotten about it:

So to get your 3-(2-Piperidinoethyl)indole made in vivo this is what you do:

1 - Preload on L-lysine to make piperidine.
2 - Preload on L-phenylalanine and 5-hydroxytryptophan to inhibit tryptophan 5-monooxygenase.
3 - Preload on an ALDH inhibitor and a xanthine oxidase inhibitor.
4 - Take L-tryptophan.

I recently had added some Vitamin C/Lysine to my diet ala Pauling Heart Protocol.

Anyway the other night after taking the Vitamin C/Lysine after dinner, I then took tryptophan before bed: And I had the MOST bizarre dream-time and woke up remembering this thread that is entitled:

Lysine + Aldehyde Dehydrogenase Inhibitor + Tryptophan = Indole-ethyl-piperidine?

If I am slipping off topic sorry. But I like the idea of DMT while sleeping.

Anyway these ideas might be better integrated in dream thread.
Even the book: Advanced Lucid Dreaming: The Power of Supplements doesn't mention this combo.

embracethevoid
#34 Posted : 3/24/2013 7:04:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From that thread:

Quote:
Last night I had the following:

1.5g GPC-Choline
One tablet of SAM-e
~2g Pomegranate extract
~.3g Kudzu extract
3 gulps of glycerin
350mg Phenylalanine
300mg Tryptophan

Choline and SAM-e for dimethylamine version of tryptamine
Pomegranate, kudzu and glycerin for ALDH inhibition
Phenylalanine to inhibit tryptophan 5-monooxygenase
Tryptophan for tryptamine!

It was...amazing! I had a vastly increased ability to feel energy! It also helped to visualise the energy much more than usual.

Definitely to be repeated!

Shocked

benzyme
#35 Posted : 3/27/2013 12:55:15 AM

analytical chemist

a trimethylated molecule methylating another molecule? very unlikely
edit: i just saw that it's a quat ammonium, it's definitely not methylating. the nitrogen is stingy, sulfur is more generous.

i've seen that site before, very new-agey.
the usual suspects are all there, but miller is really reaching with speculation

benzyme
#36 Posted : 3/27/2013 5:15:19 AM

analytical chemist

that would be a catabolic process (which assumes the reaction is reversible), it isn't energetically favorable; it's more than likely a spontaneous reaction.

dreamer042
#37 Posted : 3/29/2013 2:57:54 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

The biosynthesis of dimethyltryptamine in vivo.
Mandel LR, Prasad R, Lopez-Ramos B, Walker RW.
Research Communications in Chemical Pathology and Pharmacology. 1977 Jan;16(1):47-58.

Indole Hallucinogens as Animal Models of Schizophrenia
Edward F. Domino
Animal Models in Human Psychobiology
1976, pp 239-259
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Infundibulum
#38 Posted : 3/29/2013 4:40:24 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

purple_dye wrote:
Obviously this information was obtained somewhere... amirite?

Source: http://www.genecards.org...in/carddisp.pl?gene=INMT

Unfortunately, this is coming from bioinformatical prediction of INMT's promoter sequence and consensus binding sites of transcriptions. The predictions might be right just as they might as well be wrong...

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

benzyme
#39 Posted : 3/29/2013 10:16:33 PM

analytical chemist

well if you interfere with protein function which may have evolved as some form of protective mechanism, you really don't know what sort of box of worms you'd open

but cancers rarely form spontaneously. it's still good to consider all the possible repercussions.

dreamer042
#40 Posted : 3/30/2013 5:02:00 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Development of the sigma-1 receptor in C-terminals of motoneurons and colocalization with the N,N′-dimethyltryptamine forming enzyme, indole-N-methyl transferase
Neuroscience, Volume 206, 29 March 2012, Pages 60-68
T.A. Mavlyutov, M.L. Epstein, P. Liu, Y.I. Verbny, L. Ziskind-Conhaim, A.E. Ruoho
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

PREV123NEXT