We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Vaporgenie vs Vapocane vs Eagle Bong vs the machine ?? Options

dakkapel
#1 Posted : 3/19/2013 9:19:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear fellow travelers,

This weekend I will try my self-extracted with friends. None of us used it before. Of course I hope that we will break through. That we have a good experience. So I am searching for a good vaporizer. I did some research. And I am doubting between 4 options. My main two points of attention. Are firstly the way it is been vaporized. Secondly the easiness of smoking. What are you thinking is the best option:

1. Vaporgenie - The wooden variant.
+ everyone is lyrical about the VG but especially the glass one, which I can not buy here.
+ well carfed
+ well built with ceramic etc
- you can't see if smoke is coming of it. so you don't know when to smoke

2. A bong with an 'eagle bill' bowl on top.
+ you will first inhale the vaporized dmt into the bong and then you decide to inhale.
- you can loose some in the air and on the inside of the bong
- more easy to burn
- easy to break

3. A bong with a vapocane on the side (vapocane how to)
+ you will first inhale the vaporized dmt into the bong and then you decide to inhale.
+ the vapocane will prevent to burn the dmt
- ??

4. The machine
I haven't found a good tutorial. I don't know....
"All is knowing."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

cyb
#2 Posted : 3/19/2013 9:27:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Machine...any day of the week Thumbs up
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=371708#post371708
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

dakkapel
#3 Posted : 3/19/2013 10:56:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:

That is really cool!! I like it Smile
You put the spice behind the metal wool? Where did you got the woven metal from? And How much time in total did you use to make it?

For me the problem is that I don't have much time Sad
So I still consider the other options.

"All is knowing."

cyb
#4 Posted : 3/19/2013 11:12:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

It took a trip to the dollar store and 20 mins to build.
Spice is dropped into a dimple in the mesh and the cap makes sure only heated air, and not flame, vapes the xtals.
Many variations can be devised if you put your mind to the task.
Wink

Parshvik Chintan
#5 Posted : 3/19/2013 11:47:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i am surprised i have never seen the vapocane before (especially since i know at least one member who drew a design for a similar device he thought would work well).

i will have to get one to try it out, because that looks like it could be my new favorite.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

dakkapel
#6 Posted : 3/20/2013 9:20:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
i am surprised i have never seen the vapocane before (especially since i know at least one member who drew a design for a similar device he thought would work well).

i will have to get one to try it out, because that looks like it could be my new favorite.

There seems to be to different ones. The Vapocane and the Vapocan B. The first is made in Germany and the last one in China. The Chinese one is of poor quality. There to say that most people find it a very vulnerable piece of glass. But also elegant...

I saw in an earlier response that you were planning to make a machine. Did you carry out that plan? As I am curious about your results.

"All is knowing."

dakkapel
#7 Posted : 3/20/2013 9:28:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
It took a trip to the dollar store and 20 mins to build.
Spice is dropped into a dimple in the mesh and the cap makes sure only heated air, and not flame, vapes the xtals.
Many variations can be devised if you put your mind to the task.
Wink

Ok... I get it. Hhhmmm... gonna walk in the dollar-store today...

About the smoking I was wondering what is the right way to do it.

I thought to:
1. put 40mg in the dimple
2. holding the flame to the metal little hole.
3. to wait for 20 sec
4. then inhale slowly
5. seeing the 'smoke' going into the bottle
6. wait a bit. so more smoke goes in.
7. Then you inhale the smoke in at once.
Blast offf!
"All is knowing."

cyb
#8 Posted : 3/20/2013 10:13:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are many threads on machines...type machine into the search function and see what turns up.
ie. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=422435#post422435
and: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Machine

40mg is alot for a first time IMO...20mg is a good starting point. Many users have been shot to breakthrough on 25mg...so be aware of its power.

The point of the machine is to heat the spice to vaping point without burning it.
Hot air and NOT flame will do this.
Also the spice will melt and want to run away...the mesh is there to 'catch' it and hold it while it is being vaporized.
A steady inhalation while heating will produce white smoke and can be drawn in.
Some machines are held vertically and the smoke is allowed to rise up and fill the chamber...then inhaled.

A project for a rainy Sunday...Thumbs up

dakkapel wrote:
About the smoking I was wondering what is the right way to do it.

I thought to:
1. put 40mg in the dimple
2. holding the flame to the metal little hole.
3. to wait for 20 sec
4. then inhale slowly
5. seeing the 'smoke' going into the bottle
6. wait a bit. so more smoke goes in.
7. Then you inhale the smoke in at once.
Blast offf!

shanedudddy2
#9 Posted : 3/20/2013 11:43:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Think I need more screens, or work a better way to prevent spice being lost in my Da Buddah Vaporiser, worked well with the goo I previously had, having some problems with pure spice.
Wonder if I should make a Machine or the Key or buy a Vapor Genie.
Although, I can only seem to find a Vapor Genie classic, and not the GVG in Aus. :/

Actually, think i`ll just stick with stainless steel scrubber brush packed tightly in cone piece and careful flaming above, but never ON the cone piece.
Pure DMT with minimal wastage imo. Very happy

*oneironaut*
#10 Posted : 3/20/2013 5:01:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:

+1 love mine, have broken through every time i've used it with 20mg or less. I remelt the d into the chore ball and then flip it over and reinsert into bottle and then get it all in one go easy. Very smooth. Of course mine is no where close to Cybs masterpieces Very happy
You can't do anything about yesterday, but you can do everything with tomorrow.

Everything I write on this forum is pure gibberish and fanciful nonsense!

dakkapel
#11 Posted : 3/20/2013 8:15:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok great!
I am reading the info about the machine. It is interesting!

Thanks! Smile
"All is knowing."

JJ Spigglesworth
#12 Posted : 3/21/2013 2:34:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been using the inspirator II for a while now. works very very well, and its so cheap to make everyone can have their own pipe! I use disposable glass pipettes for the tubes and standard pipe screens to hold the spice and for the baffle.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/The_Inspirator_mkII

I just use a lighter to melt a small hole in a 500ml plastic drinks bottle to insert the glass tube. another small hole is melted for a hit-hole to clear the chamber, and you have a prefectly good vape pipe for v little cash!

Its Simple, portable (plastic bottles are easy to find, you only need the spice and the glass pipes), produces very smooth vapour, only needs a regular lighter, and its good for beginners since the baffle at the tip prevents you burning the spice.

hope this helps!

Parshvik Chintan
#13 Posted : 3/22/2013 1:01:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dakkapel wrote:
I saw in an earlier response that you were planning to make a machine. Did you carry out that plan? As I am curious about your results.

yea, i didn't really find it that spectacular.

my current preferred method is overly infused changa (like over 2:1) sandwiched between white sage and 11x caapi in the bong.

but this looks like it might be even better.

i think i might want to talk to a local glass blower about making a look-a-like though, pretty spendy for a glass tube.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Observant
#14 Posted : 3/22/2013 4:02:56 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

dakkapel wrote:
Parshvik Chintan wrote:

There seems to be to different ones. The Vapocane and the Vapocan B. The first is made in Germany and the last one in China. The Chinese one is of poor quality. There to say that most people find it a very vulnerable piece of glass. But also elegant...

I do own both variants and must say I actually prefer and recommend the chinese one (wider opening on top,clear glass) . The Vapocane works great , it's my vaporizer of choice! Thumbs up It allows for reeeally nice hits if you have the technique down-try it (:
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, thereโ€™s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

JJ Spigglesworth
#15 Posted : 3/22/2013 1:16:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use the lab glassware equivalent of the vapocane - Sigma Aldrich call it a Glass Vacuum Hose Adapters

quite a bit cheaper than the vapocane!

works great for vaping weed, not tried it for spice yet.

hug46
#16 Posted : 3/22/2013 1:55:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got a wooden vaporgenie and a 2 euro torch lighter, it is robust and portable and half the price of the sherlock. And, with the torch, i have been able to use it outside in driving rain and gails. I can see the advantages of a sherlock as you can see the vapour arriving but i dont think it would take me long to break it. With the vg classic (and yes it is a classic Thumbs up ), i just put in 20mg pull long and slow....... and pop!
I never tried a machine but i"d defo have a go at making one if i didn"t have my old mate the VG , which also doubles up for marijuana when i don"t have any skins or tobacco.

Observant
#17 Posted : 3/22/2013 8:00:19 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

JJ Spigglesworth , that piece looks interesting- thanks for the tip, how much does one cost you? I think i might give this a try Pleased
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, thereโ€™s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

JJ Spigglesworth
#18 Posted : 3/23/2013 1:38:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sigma aldrich sell them for £15.50 although its probably a bit dodgy ordering from chem suppliers.

they pop up on ebay (search for ground glass vacuum hose adapter or some combination of these) every now and again. silversurfervap.com has some around the same price but it might not be lab grade glass (not that important really)

I reapropriated mine from the lab (I'm a PhD chemist) as it had been sat in a box of obscure glassware for ages

hope that helps!

Spiggles

dakkapel
#19 Posted : 3/29/2013 7:05:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got all the stuff I need to make 'The Machine'. But I couldn't make a hole. I tried with a 'conrete'drillhead, but it didn't work. I need a diamond drill that cost a lot of money. So I went to a glassworker and he wanted to charge me 15 bucks. So I concluded to just buy the vaporgenie or a bong with special vaporhead...
"All is knowing."

dakkapel
#20 Posted : 3/30/2013 4:52:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The GVG was impossible to get so I bought a waterpipe. With an excellent shape. The chamber has the form of a dropp with a flat bottom. As big as a fist. The glass sucking tube is 14cm long to the side on 30% angle. And the head for the spice is on the other side. So I can see what I am doing with the fire and I can easily see the smoke going in. There is an "eagle bill" head and a normal mj head which I can attach. I am happy!! Smile
"All is knowing."

12NEXT