We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cleanup, help Options

PsilocybeChild
#1 Posted : 3/19/2013 5:32:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

So a while back swim did Whatcha's Easy MHRB STB Extraction. At the end swim used a regular plastic jug instead of a milk jug which is polypropylene or whatever? he has been afraid to use the spice since. Can anyone explain a simple step-by-step, for someone with very little chem knowledge, to clean off any possible plastic residue? there is quite a bit to save.

in the original tek he uses: 2 One Gallon jugs, 1000g of MHRB (500g in each jug), 1000g of Lye (500g in each jug) and then 400mls of Naphtha per jug for each pull...

polar wash w/ sodium carbonate and Epsom salt dry..
freeze precip..

thanks for any help Smile
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum
​Internet Security Walk-Through
[url=https://kambo.me/smf/index.php?topic=395.0]Tobacco Disinformation

PM me about personal Herbalist consultations.
Can do it over PMs as to not reveal personal information.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

PsilocybeChild
#2 Posted : 3/21/2013 9:04:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bump
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

DeMenTed
#3 Posted : 3/21/2013 1:39:32 PM

Barry

Look at the last post https://www.dmt-nexus.me...osts&t=26324&p=2 And the last part of the first post.

Basically you want to convert your freebase to a fumarate salt and then wash with cold acetone.

PsilocybeChild
#4 Posted : 12/13/2016 4:25:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bump.

Original post:
Quote:
I did a v&p naptha and lye stb tek and poured the final dmt solvent into a regular plastic jug used for juice. not polypropylene like milk jugs. once i poured the solvent off and it mostly dried inside, id pour iso alcohol in, shake it up, and pour it out into a tray for the alcohol to evaporate off. this way i wouldn't have to try cutting the jug apart n scraping dmt off all the inner curvature of the plastic.

Is my final product safe to smoke? the initial crystals i banged out of the jug are pure white.there was mostly dmt stuck to the bottom of the jug before i did a wash with iso. it was a darker color to begin with because of plant fats and oils that settled to the bottom i'm guessing? anyway the dmt after that has dried to a funny powdery texture which differs to the original that easily was shaken off the walls of the jug. but that could be normal.

does plastic resist permeation by isopropyl alcohol?
i'm new to chemistry and don't want to use anything that could be harmful to anyones health. I don't want to mix the dmt washed out with iso with my stash of dmt if it could be contaminated. any info appreciated.

I washed the dmt twice by pouring into 70% isopropyl alcohol and filtering through a t-shirt.

This left dark orange greasy texture in the t-shirt that stayed very stiff even after washing multiple times. The dmt itself though lightened from dark orange to yellowish.

My question though is... when I added the dmt powder to the isopropyl alcohol very-white chunks (dmt?) stayed on the bottom while the liquid turned yellowish toward the top. only when i added water did the white dmt? dissolve into the liquid, even after very vigorous shaking.
Was that dmt? can I clean the crystals further by pouring into isopropyl alcohol and pouring off the top liquid, then drying? the tek was supposed to result in freebase, which according to dmt-nexus wiki is very soluble in isopropyl alcohol, whereas other forms are not.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m..._Properties#Freebase_DMT

I was going to dilute in isopropyl again and pour off the top orangey liquid and let the pure white solids on the bottom to dry, thinking it would result in pour white dmt, but according to nexus wiki the freebase dmt should dissolve easily in iso.

Could anyone explain this? The spice although refrigerated is also about 6 years old, could it have reverted to another form like oxide?
―λlτεrηιτγ→
Kambo.me Forum

endlessness
#5 Posted : 12/13/2016 11:51:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can only really use isopropanol to effectively wash when you have your DMT in fumarate form, not in freebase.

DMT and different impurities, as well as any potential DMT N-Oxide will have different solubilities in isopropanol, which can account for the different 'phases' you are observing when using that solvent. Nevertheless, unless you have a method such as TLC or sending to a lab to test what exactly you are separating, it's hardly a reliable method you are using.

If I were you I'd follow the recommendations in the thread linked earlier. Either transform to fumarate and wash with IPA and reconvert, or re-A/B the whole thing (dissolve in acidic solution, filter to remove insolubles, add base to acidic solution, re-pull, freeze precip). Just be sure to not use questionable plastic containers next time.

Good luck

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 12/16/2016 12:56:55 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Use of 70% isopropanol will also give weird results. You need to use anhydrous (99+%).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli