We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Snowboarding Options

DMTripper
#1 Posted : 3/17/2013 11:53:00 PM

John Murdoch IV

Hey ya'll.

Anyone here going snowboarding? I used to when I was younger and went snowboarding last week for the first time in about 12 years. And damn did I have FUN!! Very happy I'm hooked again Smile And it's about time to buy a new board.

So what should I go for? Is Burton still the best or are they just the most expensive nowdays. How about DC boards.

––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#2 Posted : 3/18/2013 12:21:15 AM

I love snowboarding!

Headphones, techno, joints in pocket, the icy cold air, and the sound of the snow being carved in your wake is bliss.
A lot of places will let you on the lifts with what we call "The green pass" out here.

I've been using my friends board which is a Saloman Sabotage and it's super light. Love it.
Next time I go I will probably be in just a t-shirt and some snow pants...freakin' gorgeous out here.

Mindlusion
#3 Posted : 3/18/2013 1:07:29 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Snowboarding is bliss ^

I haven't been up this year, i miss it

I have a 5150, got a really nice jacket last year too.
-

and its not snowboarding.. its a superposition of drugs, music, and snowboarding.

put cannabis + your snowboard + headphones + some freshly carved snow, put all these in a blender and blend it. Then drink the smoothie.

That what snowboarding really is.

LSD can be substituted for cannabis.

۩ knows whats up, snowboarding is the pure definition of Synesthesia.
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

۩
#4 Posted : 3/18/2013 1:10:42 AM

Oh damn. I have never snowboarded on acid. I must do this ASAP!

Mindlusion
#5 Posted : 3/18/2013 1:12:47 AM

hehe keep the doses low, one must use common sense when it comes to an activity like this

I used to put MDMA in my coffee and drink it on the slopes, with a single tab of lsd

the MDMA wore me out after a few hours, LSD kept the blend on frappe all day
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

۩
#6 Posted : 3/18/2013 1:15:15 AM

Did you seriously just tell me to keep the doses low?

Look,
I am all for harm reduction and all that
but this is just plain ridiculous and subsequently made my day.
Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes Rolling eyes

Mindlusion
#7 Posted : 3/18/2013 1:18:38 AM

Laughing Laughing Laughing

i just ODed on smiley icons

jamie
#8 Posted : 3/18/2013 1:21:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Does DC even make snowboards? WTF..I would not buy a DC snowboard. Id ride one if I got it for free or real cheap. If they do make boards they have no been making them for too long..they have made boots for a long time.

I would go with burton except for a lot of burtons have a weird diamond mount pattern for the bindings so that only burton bindings were compatable..I dunno if they still do that though.

I like option boards but Ive only ridden a few board companies.

I have3 been riding for nearly 15 years but I dont go that often anymore becasue its so expensive. I used always get season passes and go every day cus im about 40 minutes drive from 3 local mountains.

Never snowboarded on anything but cannabis but I surf and skim a lot and have surfed and skimmed on mushrooms and mescaline..it's fun Smile ..as long as you can swim and waves are mellow.

I would avoid this if you suck ass at snowboarding too..just saying ive seen people high that cant ride just fall off of some silly stuff.
Long live the unwoke.

entheogenadvocate
#9 Posted : 3/18/2013 3:47:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
I love snowboarding!

Headphones, techno, joints in pocket, the icy cold air, and the sound of the snow being carved in your wake is bliss.
A lot of places will let you on the lifts with what we call "The green pass" out here.

^^^Wow, House nailed it. I LOVE snowboarding. I started skiing when I was 5, and switched to snowboarding when I was 13 (never looked back). There are few things in life I enjoy more than hitting fresh powder on a bluebird sky day in the mountains. Spring skiing at places like Arapahoe Basin is also amazing.

I haven't bought a new board in a while, as I don't get to go that much, so I'm still cruising with my Burton Custom from like 2005. It still works great.

I hope you find a new board that helps you enjoy many powder days in the future!

All posts are completely fictional and for educational purposes only

DMTripper
#10 Posted : 3/19/2013 9:40:52 PM

John Murdoch IV

Damn there are so many new brands since I was in the business Razz

I'll probably go with Burton. But no way I'm spending a $1000 on it Razz I'll get a 2012 model for half price somewhere.

But nice to see some avid riders here Smile
Haven't tried snowboarding on LSD only weed Smile But I've been sober from drugs now for 14 months. Only done some psychedelics and everything is starting to be soo much fun Smile Might try riding on shrooms some day Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Skitty
#11 Posted : 4/20/2013 11:45:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Riding and tripping is responsible for the best mushroom experience I have had. Blue bird powder day, looking at the tetons from 11,000 feet on an eighth is one of the most surreal things that has ever happened to me. It is dangerous though. A young kid was standing on the landing of a jump I went off, and I landed directly on him. I would have on mushrooms or not, he was standing in a blind spot, but it still freeeeeaked me out. I picked myself up and gave him a thorough check, talked to him, and then calmly explained to his mother why she couldn't let him in the terrain park as her face turned purple in front of me.

That kind of ruined the vibe we had been riding, but I highly recommend it. Acid is fun too, but I think mushys is the way to go on the mountain.

rootsie
#12 Posted : 12/12/2014 4:47:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Since it's that time of year again... I highly recommend acid + snowboarding. And if you know your way around an acid trip, don't be shy!

Actually, I learned to snowboard on 4 hits. Went down the bunny slopes a few times to get my bearings, then my friend took me up to a double black diamond just as it was really kicking in. I didn't know what a double black diamond was... but wow!

My ass was so sore by the end of that day, but I was hooked. I think the acid helped me learn more in a day than a whole season would have otherwise. I was one with the mountainCool
Approach it and there is no beginning; follow it and there is no end.
You can't know it, but you can be it, at ease in your own life.

-lao tze

Enjoy the Mystery!
rootsie

anrchy
#13 Posted : 12/12/2014 5:32:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How did i miss this thread...

@DMTripper what did you end up getting.

I ride a lib. Imo best board out there. So much pop! Imo burton is over rated. They make pretty warm jackets but the price is ouch. Im super stoked for this season and cant wait to shred!
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

jamie
#14 Posted : 12/12/2014 7:12:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Libs do make nice snowboards...they were always a better snowboard company than skate company I think..PNW locals too Smile

Im planning on doing a lot of riding this season...and riding some great spots over christmas up in the BC interior..complete with snowmobiles and back country.
Long live the unwoke.

rOm
#15 Posted : 12/12/2014 11:31:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Stations are opening, the snow is here, my board (Burton) is waiting ...
I will try this LSD white fluff with snowboard this year.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

lsDxMdmaddicThc
#16 Posted : 12/12/2014 5:32:03 PM

The future's uncertain and The End is always near.

You guys are wild!
I'm a snowboarder but I don't goto the slopes often.
I live in a mountainous region so when I feel like it I just grab my snowboard, my shovel, pack a lunch and hike up to the top of the local hills.
I explore all the local quad trails and coal hills.
Completely free, not to mention a good workout!
I'm working on building a massive jump soon.
I never got seriously into it just shredded the local hills as a kid. (Still do, but I moved up)
I'll have to try psychedelics and snowboarding sometime when I feel up to it.
Be safe humans! Smile
Heaven existing here between Hell

We surf the transient wave, balancing on our breath, building and destroying until death.

We are the divine creators and destroyers.
We are the portals & black holes.
We choose what we manifest at the present moment in whatever dimension we inhabit.
"We are the ones we've been waiting for" - Hopi Proverb

anrchy
#17 Posted : 12/12/2014 8:33:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
Libs do make nice snowboards...they were always a better snowboard company than skate company I think..PNW locals too Smile

Im planning on doing a lot of riding this season...and riding some great spots over christmas up in the BC interior..complete with snowmobiles and back country.

Ya man this year i plan on boardin till i cant anymore. Snowboarding for me has been very therapeutic. I would even count it as a flow art, not sure if anyone considers it so but i think it is.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

DoingKermit
#18 Posted : 12/12/2014 10:01:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Snowboarding is one of my main passion in life. I used to live an hour away from the Alps so went up every weekend. I took some changa with me last winter and was hoping to find a quiet place in the woods to smoke it... but there were hardly any nice sneaky areas, so never did.

I'd love to try acid while snowboarding. It's on the bucket list.

rootsie
#19 Posted : 12/12/2014 10:34:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I wish we could all go on a snowboarding vacation together... How grand would that be!
Approach it and there is no beginning; follow it and there is no end.
You can't know it, but you can be it, at ease in your own life.

-lao tze

Enjoy the Mystery!
rootsie

spinCycle
#20 Posted : 12/12/2014 11:22:20 PM

Life is Art is Life

I don't board, but I do telemark ski. A good day on tele skis in the bumps while on a threshold dose of the little magic ones is pure blisVery happy s.
Images of broken light,
Which dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on...

12NEXT