We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Please Recommend Best Kind of e-Cig Options

Pandora
#1 Posted : 3/16/2013 2:15:42 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Hello Folks,

Okay, my husband is ready for the e-Cig. At first he wasn't interested, but as he tapers down he finds quitting to be very difficult and we think this might help.

He does not need big doses of nicotine and definitely is looking for a unit with the look/shape/feel of a traditional cigarette.

Any recommendations you might be willing to make would be appreciated.

He's trying to take another big bite out of life and "quit this habit that is killing me."

Peace & Love,
Pandora
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Gone-and-Back
#2 Posted : 3/16/2013 2:32:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I do not smoke cigarettes, so I dont have experience with e-cigs. However, I have heard many many people say good things about Blu, and you seem to see it advertised everywhere. It was one of the original e-cigs on the market I believe, so I imagine they have had plenty of time to alter and perfect their products.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

SpartanII
#3 Posted : 3/16/2013 4:58:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My wife was able to quit finally using the Cigalectric.

http://www.cigalectric.com/landing.php

I don't smoke anymore, but I tried it out on the 6mg nicotine menthol cartridge and it produces a thick, tasty vapor that I was able to blow rings with. Didn't irritate my lungs whatsoever, and they have a lot of options. Great invention.Thumbs up

My only complaint is that it's a bit heavier than a real cig, but considering the advantages, I give it an A+.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#4 Posted : 3/16/2013 5:17:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I do not have a lot of experience here but I've heard good things about this companies products. They also make an e-cig designed for vaping honey oil or wax (BHO, amber glass, hash oil, budder, and the like) so that is really cool as almost all of the other e-gigs cannot handle thick cannabis oil or wax on a regular basis. They also have a side company that manufactures many flavors for these vaporizers including nicotine free tobacco flavors. I've been thinking of trying some of their fruit flavors or something with a maple syrup or vanilla flavor with some really powerful honey oil. Interested to see what it tastes like.

http://www.gentlemansvapes.com/

http://www.sf-vapor.com

Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#5 Posted : 3/16/2013 5:21:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard that the thing to be careful with is what liquid is used in the e-cig cartridge. The PG (propolyne glycol) based varieties are not too good you. The VG (vegetable glycerin) based ones are supposed to be better for you. Have not done much research on this though.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

SpartanII
#6 Posted : 3/16/2013 7:02:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^ Sounds good, and I totally agree that a more "natural" e-cig would be best, but in terms of harm reduction, anything that's not full of carcinogens and carbon monoxide would be many times safer than a regular cigarette.

If it were practical, I would just encourage people to inhale H2O steam instead of a cig, but there are other factors involved.

proto-pax
#7 Posted : 3/16/2013 2:42:10 PM

bird-brain

Why in the hell would you inhale steam?

That could easily kill someone I'd think.
blooooooOOOOOooP fzzzzzzhm KAPOW!
This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking.
Grow a plant or something and meditate on that

SpartanII
#8 Posted : 3/16/2013 3:42:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha, yeah, like I said, other factors are involved...Wink

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 3/16/2013 3:44:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make sure you get one which is refillable, because it is really expensive to get pre-filled e-cigs. I'm no expert, but getting a Joyetech eGo battery, with an attachable tank and vaporizer head seems to be a good way to go.

Pandora
#10 Posted : 3/19/2013 11:34:02 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

proto-pax wrote:
Why in the hell would you inhale steam?

That could easily kill someone I'd think.

LOL, inhaling steam has always (as far as I know) been a home, non-drug way to break up congestion.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

cyb
#11 Posted : 3/19/2013 11:37:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

^^^ and lets not forget the Sauna and Steam Room Very happy
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

918glory
#12 Posted : 3/19/2013 2:03:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ego style battery. I'd reccomend a vision spinner 1300 mah with a dct tank. 6ml and a sample pack from a vendor (vermillion rivers vapor) just make sure you get one where each bottle is at least 5ml. And 1 full tank of flavor will easily last 3-4 days. So say you have 6 flavors from a sample pack. 2 each week. So 20 for 6 weeks of vapor? Yes please! Also the vision spinner is hard to find stocked but look up designated vape in Tulsa ok. They have all the eqipment. Get the vision battery. A charger. A tank. A new tip. A box of the cartos. And the total should be less than $60Very happy

Also when buying the liquid I reccomend starting with 24 or 18mg nicotine and working down. 6 is my personal favorite actually. And with that spinner battery it's a variable voltage meaning you can control the density/tempature of your vapor. Hope this helped and if you have any questions ask away!
How ca this be!? It's utterly impossible!

embracethevoid
#13 Posted : 3/19/2013 3:02:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know you wanted something more like a cigarette but this mongrel is sexy

VAMO - Variable voltage, variable wattage, has an ohm-meter.

In full size mode it's like the size of a flashlight, in smaller mode it's... the size of a (mini) flashlight. It's getting rave reviews on the web, and it's pretty much the cheapest variable voltage piece you can get but the price doesn't stop it from being a noble contender with much more expensive variants.

For a beginner, the eGo is the way to go. But if you like e-smokes, you'll almost definitely develop a condition previously known only in the realm of magpies: shineyitis - the almost uncontrollable relentless urge to collect every pretty shiny looking smokey thing that graces your field of vision

purelyscientific
#14 Posted : 6/16/2013 11:58:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Void said it all^^
Blu e-cigs suck...Don't get a blu. They are a waste of money.

I personally have tried cigarette look alikes, an eGo, an eGo twist, and I currently use a vamo.
You say you want to give him the best kind of e-cig, yet he wants a cigarette look alike. He can't have both. Look into getting an eGo twist. They can be got for relatively cheap. The cheapest place for legit joyetech eGo twists is altsmoke.com

That takes care of the battery. You're also going to need a charger and some type of atomizer.
I have used almost every type of atomizer out there. Now I use a rebuildable phoenix V3. The only drawback is that it doesn't hold a lot of juice.

I recommend you get him a ce5+(the + is important) or a pack of ce3s. They hold the most juice and have the best flavor.

As far as juice goes, want2vape has excellent juices.
I make my own personally. I have over 60 flavorings and a gallon each of PG and VG. Very happy

Edit- it sounds like some of you have been misinformed. Electronic cigarettes do not produce steam. they emit vaporized propylene glycol and glycerine(along with flavor and nicotine)..
PG has been used for decades in asthma inhalers. Besides that, how the hell would inhaling steam kill you?! Thats the most outrageous claim I've ever heard. If that were true you would die from taking a hot shower. LMFAO

Quote:
The PG (propolyne glycol) based varieties are not too good you.

Please post evidence to back up your claim.
I am a flower and the world is made of sunshine. Everyday above ground is a good day, even if it is a rainy one.- purelyscientific

ZenSpice
#15 Posted : 6/16/2013 12:46:04 PM

Mostly Ignored

I got one of these but am more interested in testing it for vaping spice at the moment..

One tip I would give.. If nicotine is not a major problem then get zero nicotine VG juice, this way one can eliminate the nicotine addiction factor quickly while focusing on overcoming the psychological factors (such as overcoming the need to have something in the hand or the sensation of inhaling/exhaling smoke).

I think this is a much easier way to give up than using nicotine based vg/pg juices (I'd recommend VG for vaping to give up smoking and PG for melting spice into, from what I have read at least).

Nicotine juice did not help me give up fully but for months I went without a real roll up, saying that my lungs felt weaker/more strained when using the vaping device than with actual "roll your own" smokes.

Here is a place (albeit uk based) to give you an idea on the liquid side of things. I tried quite a few juice stores and this seemed to offer the best flavours and good/fast service/shipping. You can even mix your own juice.

Here is some additional info (same site) regarding juice (seeing as you asked above for more intel, a few research PDF papers at the bottom of the page).

I really do like the idea of making this my portable spice unit Big grin

a1pha
#16 Posted : 6/16/2013 4:29:35 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

ProVari.

I am personally using the ProVari mini now. It is a little pricy but truly the best eCig on the market without going into exotic mechanical units. Be careful- the plastic ones seem to break after a short amount of time but the metal ProVari is very well-made and they are excellent with the warranty.

Happy to help if you need additional details, tank suggestions, juice, etc. Also, I've been able to modify a tank and create my own MJ juice. Now a gram of wax lasts me almost 3 full weeks! Huge savings in the long run.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

TOXSIN
#17 Posted : 6/18/2013 3:07:03 AM

Knowledge is power, at the price of losing the bliss of ignorance

I don't know the best variety but I can say with confidence an e-cig is a great way to aid in quitting smoking what I did was bought a blu ecig non refillable, and 1 pack of my favorite brand of smokes I would ONLY smoke a real cig when I was really stressed otherwise I'd stick strictly to the ecig, both the pack and ecig lasted me about 2 weeks, I felt that part of the addictiveness of the cigarettes was not just the nicotine but the actual smoking of the herb itself, like hard to explain but just the idea of having a nice herbal smoke. So I figured by cutting back on the plant matter it would be easier to quit entirely and I found myself to be right, I stopped for 2 months and only recently started enjoying a cigarillo here or there or the few hookah sessions I've had, as stress relief (going through alot at work) but its been the best and easiest way to quit I ever tried. Which to be honest the only other method I used was cold turkey. Never tried gum or patches, but did try substituting the tobacco for just more weed consumption once, overall this didn't work as it impaired my performance in some nessicary things throughout the day.
Understand: Nature knows no EVIL, Nature knows no GOOD, people know these things, because we perceive these things, with the gift of senses given to us at birth. A good or bad experience is simply a bridge to a another existential time frame, so always live in the moment and make every one a positive moment!

Any and all posts or interactions are to be held as my fictional writings/short stories or dreams. I may even have some delirium setting in, I've never been tested for it. The only exception to this is the statement about nature above, I feel this is a fact!

Hiyo Quicksilver
#18 Posted : 6/19/2013 7:33:51 PM

just some guy

I've heard some good things about using certain lobelia inflata extracts in e-cigarette fluid, though I can't find any info online. It can also simply be rolled up and smoked with some filler herb (it's very harsh and potent by itself, and can cause nausea).

Dosage can be pretty tricky with the stuff though and too much is certainly no good for the body, so homework and some footwork to find the right dose is pretty important. Lobelia has a decent content of a nicotine-like chemical called lobeline, which according to some studies in some patients, binds to nicotine receptors and reduces their action thereafter (less intense cravings, and less satisfaction from smoking nicotine). It's a mild serotonin and dopamine reuptake inhibitor as well, so i imagine it should not be used with MAOI's (although I've done no research into this).

oldsoul
#19 Posted : 6/19/2013 10:36:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a couple months late, but I wanted to throw my $0.02 into the ring

For a beginner I'd recommend an automatic KR-808D battery. V2 are higher quality, Kanger or generic are cheaper but also less reliable & need to be replaced more often. I've been vaping 1 1/2 years, and only like using auto batteries. I never got into the push-button models as it seems unnatural to me, more like a pipe than a cigarette (cause you can't dangle it in your mouth and take a drag, you have to press a button down). KR-808D are the smallest, lightest, and most cigarette-like.

Combine this battery with a KR-808D-threaded clearomizer, you can get a 5-pack online for about $12-15. Then all you need is vape juice.

I'd start with 18 or 24mg of nic if he smoked full strength cigarettes or adjust down accordingly, but err on the high side. Buy several flavors and see what works. All I use now is Grey Matter from Mister-E-Liquid, but it took some time to find what I liked. VG or PG have slightly different tastes, so play with that too. Many boutique e-juice stores will formulate their flavors with either and you can specify when ordering.

Also, if he hasn't cut over to vaping already, be aware that it takes about a week or so for the e-cigarette to really give any satisfaction. Up until that time, he'll still be withdrawing from the other chemicals in the smoke besides the nicotine, and the e-cig will NOT feel like it's satisfying the craving. It's very important not to mix real cigarettes & e-cig for this reason. When I cutover fully, I got seriously depressed for like a week afterwards, then I read some e-cig forums and realized it was just that tobacco smoke has MAOI which I was no longer getting.

Another thing to be aware of is that PG & VG are humectants and will rob your throat/mouth/sinuses of moisture as you inhale and exhale the vapor. Drink a LOT more water than normal! Especially if vaping a lot before bed.

Hope this helps!!!! Best of luck, it's well worth it. Let me know if I can give any other assistance.

One epiphany short of a paradigm shift

The Day Tripper
#20 Posted : 6/20/2013 1:27:59 AM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
I have an omicron v2.5, which i really only use for hash oil/wax, but it works with certain e-cig juices as well.

Very good build quality, and works like a champ for cannabis extracts. The engineers/designers of the device are dedicated to making the best possible device as possible.

And i also like the fact its so small compared to e-cigs, or pen vapes that use 18650's. A single 14650 is all you need with an omicron, and i'd say its about 3/4" in diameter.

If your looking for a solid device that works with cannabis oil as well as nicotine e-juices, i'd go for an omicron. I thoroughly enjoy mine on a daily basis.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

12NEXT