We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT Trip While Sleeping!!?? Options

Bishibashiboshi
#1 Posted : 3/15/2013 1:31:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi everyone. As some of you may know, I am inexperienced with spice, having had a total of two blasts of this insanely powerful substance.

My first experience was beautiful and full of love (Divine Moment of Truth), my second was the polar opposite, much heavier and kicked my ass (Demonic, Malevolent and Terrifying)!

This is beside the point I am inquiring into, but a little background helps.

Last night I had a dream and it was to the best of my knowledge a DMT trip, including extreme colourful kaleidoscopic patterning that shifted constantly and contact with a single entity. It startled me and I woke up kind of shaken, as I obviously did not expect this to happen as I was sleeping. As with my two experiences of using spice I can't really remember much of what occurred.

I haven't tried anymore since Sunday, as I was utterly unprepared for what happened, and got quite a fright. I didn't know how to surrender and the spice turned on me in seconds.

Basically I am asking if any other people have experienced anything like this? It's left me feeling puzzled.

I have had sleep paralysis, lucid dreams and OBEs in the past and I know for a fact that this was none of these, so any help would be really welcome!

Cheers.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 3/15/2013 1:37:12 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

yes, perfectly normal Smile

many of us report dreams becoming much more psychedelic and bizarre in general afterwards

after working with lucid dreaming, if i sit and meditate inside of the dream i immediately go into a very deep and visionary psychedelic experience

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Bishibashiboshi
#3 Posted : 3/15/2013 2:00:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks universecannon! That's put my mind at rest. Do you think that if I have more dreams like these that it could prepare me for another foray into the nether realms? I'm much more wary now but don't want to give up after one bad experience. In hindsight I was being cocky and the spice treated me accordingly!

Also, my experience on Sunday had various entities, both open and closed eyed, I wasn't escaping. A dragon-wolf type creature charged at me at one point, and when I opened my eyes a blue/green female gorgon-type entity was shaking her head at me, looking very pissed off and channeled a message that I should respect the DMT. It really scared me. For around 4-5 minutes I don't recall anything. I was gone.

My dose was roughly 50mg of off white spice provided by a reliable source who I trust when he said it was of excellent purity (he says he's going to show me how to extract my own if I manage to use what I have). I have a very healthy set of lungs and the smoke just kept coming, very thick and white. I was inhaling for a good 15-20 seconds, and held my breath for around 30-35 seconds. Could / would this have been enough for a breakthrough? I know everyone says three tokes for a breakthrough.

It felt like a thousand millennia but at the same time happened so fast!

I wish I could remember more.

universecannon
#4 Posted : 3/15/2013 2:20:52 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

You can certainly breakthrough on one inhalation. It will also provide a more intense trip to, since its hitting you all at once and not spread out over a minute or two

50mg is a huge dose when vaporized right and held in, especially in one hit. Most people seem to be able to breakthrough on like 25-30mg when its done right, so its not that surprising you had a rough trip! On the flipside, vaporized via a bad method and you may not be able to breakthrough on any amount you put in the pipe.

Check around the forum a bit, theres lots of tips on how to try and minimize the rough trip - but that said, sometimes it just seems inevitable and in the end is a necessary learning experience. Yoga + meditation beforehand really helps. It seems that trying to enter in as calm and coherent a state of mind and letting go fully into it can help a lot. Low doses during yoga/dance can also REALLY help shed that barrier of trepidation, clearing the decks for a deeper voyage

"Do you think that if I have more dreams like these that it could prepare me for another foray into the nether realms?"

Maybe, i don't know. I just know that dreams do really impact how we feel. If I have a crappy and terrifying dream, my mood throughout the day is often dramatically different than if i'd had a very deep and positive dream, especially a lucid one

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Bishibashiboshi
#5 Posted : 3/15/2013 10:34:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry for the late reply universecannon. The joys of full time employment! Yeah my first attempt was approx 30mg, and it was the most amazing experience of my life. Very successful!

Think I'll lower my doses for a while! The best of it is I checked erowid and it said 30-50mg was a standard dose. But it also said 50+ was a high dose. Perhaps even a couple mg over can make a significant difference! Or 50mg like I stupidly did!

I've only just started meditating, and as I have a rapid train of thought at the best of times it takes a lot to zone out for even 5 minutes!

Thanks so much for the tips my friend. I'll have a good browse around.

Hopefully I have more crazy dreams like that! Big grin

voyaj
#6 Posted : 3/19/2013 4:47:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Still having DMT inspired dreams a couple months after an intense breakthrough.

Every night I seem to to become fully aware of my dream state at some point. Sometimes it seems as though I do not actually sleep at all but am conscious in a sedate state for much of the time. Never feel sleep deprived though.

If I drink hard one night the next night I will have a very difficult time getting into passive sleep. Somewhat like the couple of nights after the breakthrough. Sweating, fighting, visions. It is both physical and mental.

Anyway, I love it, regardless of whether this molecule has gotten in the way of me harming myself with copious amounts of alcohol.

My favorite dream occurred a week ago. I still remember this without writing it down or reciting it to anyone. I became aware of the dream and I was in the passenger side with one of my best friends going down a dark road. Then a storm began to break out and trees were falling all around us, we slowed down so the car could go over a section of a tree as we thumped over the tree we could see deer eyes looking at us, first it was just one and then it was many. For some reason that dream ended and I was in my mom and dads room in a house I used to live in twenty years ago, I was exiting their room and I saw my mother, I said hi but it felt like I was hiding something and I was trying to head down the stairs. Then I woke up in the room of a girl who used to be a room mate of mine and also a close friend of my ex girlfriend. As I sat on the bed I was trying to figure out where I was, that I had been there before although I had not in real reality. My mind sped through landscapes of past memory, up roads, around bends, trying to pinpoint where I was. My old friend said she had to go and left the room. As she left another woman entered the room and sat on a bed adjacent to me. I was semi asleep on the bed and she put her hand right on my crotch to... wake me up. And then BAM, fractals everywhere as I attached myself to whatever this crotch grabbing figment of my imagination was. It did not want me on it as it pulled all sorts of unbelievable movements through this hyperspace to get me off and I was clinging for dear life. This went on for a while and it was fairly intense, it was somewhat like DMT in that I could see these fractal geometry tunnels twisting and turning, opening up in a fury of madness but it was mostly of one color. Soon I was able to take control of the flight and as I did a sort of middle eastern coliseum appeared and I flew through the wall. As I did so a young boy saw me fly through the wall and said, how are you doing that? And as soon as it was acknowledged by an observer the dream ended.

Anyway, yeah DMT can change what it means to sleep Smile

BastyCDGS
#7 Posted : 4/23/2013 12:43:45 PM

BastyCDGS

Hey folks!

I had it the other way around, I never did smoke / ingest N,N-DMT in my physical life until now, but I plan some DMT sessions during the next weeks.

Unfortunately, I once dreamed during normal night sleep about being a physicist / chemist in a laboratory with an assistant. We did smoke a combined joint containing Datura (which I also never did in the physical plane) combined with N,N-DMT for scientific research / recording.
When the effects started I immediately was transported to another dimension, which to my surprise was OUR physical plane (just as you would do during astral projection) at my physical home. When the effects wore off, I returned to the dream plane to the laboratory in order take notes and documenting.
This was weird, scary stuff and it remembered me what DeKorne wrote that ways to interdimensionality are open towards ALL directions, so as we can visit hyperspace, they can do visit us (probably from their subjective point, our plane is hyperspace for them, too).

I would be really interested if other Nexians did make such an experience, too...
Best regards,
:-) Basty/CDGS (-:

Shamanism, breaking the barriers of the physical world.