We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV456
Solvents in Australia Options

Fruit is life
#101 Posted : 5/29/2021 10:02:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah whenever I use shellite I will re dissolve in anhydrous acetone and let the acetone evap to help remove any potential Impurities, it doesn't have to be anhydrous but it will take a long time to properly dry out otherwise.
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Northerner
#102 Posted : 5/29/2021 12:28:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been drying shellite recovered alks in a small, cold, dry room. I turn the air-conditioner as cold as it will go on full and let it run for an hour, then let the alkaloids fan dry from directly above for an hour or so whilst keeping the aircon on. Turns out crispy. Probably seems overkill but as I live in the wet tropics the humidity is very high and fresh alkaloids will melt to goo in minutes and trap solvents, which can in turn take a long time to dry out properly.

Years ago I sickened myself from improper drying. Felt like fever and illness and lasted a couple of days. Awful experience. Never again.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Stepharx
#103 Posted : 5/30/2021 6:30:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Fruit is life wrote:
Yeah whenever I use shellite I will re dissolve in anhydrous acetone and let the acetone evap to help remove any potential Impurities, it doesn't have to be anhydrous but it will take a long time to properly dry out otherwise.

I'm not sure i understand your method, you redissolve and evap acetone, how does that help? won't the impurities just precipitate back into it as it evaporates?

Fruit is life
#104 Posted : 6/2/2021 10:20:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If there is any shellite residue trapped within the freeze precipitated goo/crystal complex redissolving the alks in acetone can free the trapped residue allowing it to evaporate more thoroughly/completely, if your dealing with solid impurities then re-x in heptane/a purer solvent and then acetone
The self that talks doesn't know, the self that knows doesn't talk.

«PREV456