We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ayahuasca curiousity Options

DeDao
#1 Posted : 3/7/2013 3:50:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I will be trying ayahuasca for the first time in my life soon.

I will be using cielo ayahuasca and hawaiian chacruna from maya-ethno.

If I were want to brew the ayahuasca in order to have an initial dose to test the waters with and a second dose to boost the effects assuming they will be too weak.

How should I brew the first and second cup? I would imagine I may not need to just "double up" since the problem may not be the maoi for example but rather in the lack of chacruna.

If anyone has specifically used the Psychotria Viridis Hawaiian REMOVED and could give me some insight into dosing and experience, that would be amazing.

I do have experience with other entheogens just not with ayahuasca. I can handle an intense trip but I am always extra careful with new ones!

I actually also have Chaliponga REMOVED so any insight into that would be beneficial also. From what I have read chaliponga is more powerful and maybe good for a dose in the future after I have some ground to work with. Opinions are wanted on this subject!

Thanks for reading and possibly helping!

Much love.Love
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#2 Posted : 3/7/2013 4:32:05 AM

With new material you must make an educated guess if no one has direct experience with it that can report and just brew two times the amount at least that you think you will need.
After a few cups you will have found your sweet spot. Sometimes it has a mind of its own, though.
Best to start on the lower end of the spectrum unless you're into getting completely blown away. Some people are.
This is why I just throw freebase DMT in my brews. It's always the same potency. Cielo vine is always pretty good.
Have changa bongs handy in case you don't get what you want out of it. Synergize.
And even then it's still working its anti-parasitic magic.

I would say start with something like 50g aya 25g chacruna. So 100g / 50g total. Drink half. Save the other half for later or the next night.
Then try a 100g aya brew with 25g chacruna. 200g / 50g total. Same protocol.
If that still isn't doing it for you try 100g aya 50g chacruna. 200g / 100g total.
Then 100/100 a cup.
Then 120/100 a cup.
And so on.

Do not be afraid.
Pretty much everyone I talk to about ayahuasca is deadly afraid of it for some reason.
I tell people I drink it and they are just baffled. One person recently could not fathom where I learned how to make it like it was some super secret ancient knowledge that you must pay 600$ to even sit in the same circle with or something.
They tell me they are not ready. It's not the right time in their lives. There's too much going on.
They tell me they are going to go to Brazil to drink with the shamans on Joe Rogans podcast.
Et cetera.
And yet I could see how much it would help them
right now
tonight
if only they knew they could see for themselves how gentle and nurturing it can be.
It's not like you need to get your soul sucked on by a living vortex for eight hours.
There's a time and place for that. And it's my belief all travelers need to do that at least once.
Preferably as many times as it takes to really integrate.

Anyway, enjoy. I love ayahuasca and need to brew some more very soon. I feel fortunate for having been so curious in my life.

jamie
#3 Posted : 3/7/2013 5:23:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

be careful with certain ceilo REMOVED

99% of the time it has been pretty consistant for me..but I had one batch of vine was a complete mess at 80g. I am talking like 3x the potency at least of any other ceilo, white or red caapi I had drunk. I had been drinking 80-100g of vine weekly with admixture at that point but that vine really really slammed me at 80g to the point where I was "passing out"(only physically) and flying through some kind of spirit world..I vomited about 20 times or more..I could not stand up durring the times I was lucid without loosing balance and falling over etc. It was just complete chaos and entirely horrifying and unpleasant..but interesting in retrospect I guess. I mean I died..end of story. I saw things that I cant ever forget and it haunts me.

I later found out that even 20g was stronger than 80g of most vine for me..and went for hours and hours absorbed in very intense visions with tons of sickness.

Odds are very good that you wont have any vine like that..but just be careful and batch test new vines. I never thought vine like that was possible until it was. REMOVED .I saved some though for some time in the future Smile
Long live the unwoke.

Agave
#4 Posted : 3/7/2013 5:25:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi DeDao,

I don't know how much vine you have but I would brew as much as my pot would hold. Then I would drink an Aya only brew just to see what effective dosage you need to be fully MAO inhibited. Once you have that established, then you can start adding light to the mix. I wouldn't go higher than 10g of that chacruna on the first ceremony, probably better to start with 5. It's a bit of a process at first and it's wise to be able to work with the same brew a few times in order to set your parameters.

I had to laugh when I saw my old chacruna thread you revived. I guess it's fair to say I was a little awestruck after my first full blown journey Laughing . I really don't know how to tell you how my experiences were with it other than it opened me and gave me a lot to think about and it still continues today. Your experience will no doubt be very different than mine, but I'm sure you will also be opened to new layers.

REMOVED

Only advice I can really give is don't be filled with expectations. In any case, there's a good chance that it's going to be different than you imagined anyway. For me it's been a trigger that sets other underlying things into motion and not necessarily while your actively under it's influence. Good luck!
Agave
As Within, So Without.

jamie
#5 Posted : 3/7/2013 5:27:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

also I would not go over 10g of chacruna if its hawaiian.

REMOVED

Long live the unwoke.

Agave
#6 Posted : 3/7/2013 5:43:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DO NOT drink 25g of that hawaiian chacruna. It's a whole different animal than S.A. chacruna. No need to fear ayahuasca, but there's no need for a total asskicking your first time either.
As Within, So Without.

DeDao
#7 Posted : 3/7/2013 2:27:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha okay. Awesome.

I don't know if I'm up for a cielo cup only.. I am wanting to get the full spectrum the first time. Maybe I will change my mind.

REMOVED

And thanks for replying Agave, since I saw your post I would thinking it was soo long ago and that you might not even still be around. But you are and here you are!

So maybe a 40g cielo/10g Hawaiian?
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

christian
#8 Posted : 3/7/2013 2:44:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Pretty much everyone I talk to about ayahuasca is deadly afraid of it for some reason.

Probably because they only focus on the aspect of trip reports from people who didn´t start small and work up, and who had intense experiences because of that poor approach.

۩ wrote:
One person recently could not fathom where I learned how to make it like it was some super secret ancient knowledge that you must pay 600$ to even sit in the same circle with or something.

It´s unbelievable the amount of people who are too lazy to actually read about something, and it´s exactly those sort of people who fall prey to nonsense stories coming from some other persons immence imagination based on nonsense.

۩ wrote:
They tell me they are not ready. It's not the right time in their lives. There's too much going on.

I can understand that, that´s a normal answer in todays age. However, like exercise, Aya can actually help clarify ones life, give one inner space and perspective to know of a better, more fulfilling way of living, so for this alone, it´s very positive. Then they can decide on the crazy consumer lifestyle, or a more balanced and actually eco logical way of being-without even ´trying´.Cool
"Eat your vegetables and do as you're told, or you won't be going to the funfair!"

۩
#9 Posted : 3/7/2013 4:03:12 PM

DeDao wrote:
Haha okay. Awesome.

I don't know if I'm up for a cielo cup only.. I am wanting to get the full spectrum the first time. Maybe I will change my mind.

REMOVED

And thanks for replying Agave, since I saw your post I would thinking it was soo long ago and that you might not even still be around. But you are and here you are!

So maybe a 40g cielo/10g Hawaiian?

I'd still use at least 50g of vine.
Drink a 100g cup of vine only tea sometime to get a feel for it.
Sometimes you don't even need 'the light.' Caapi can be sedative, calming, and psychedelic.
Sounds like I need to get me some hawaiian chacruna.

DeDao
#10 Posted : 3/7/2013 4:07:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hehe Yea people are saying good things. But what if I want to redose in case of weakness.

3rdI
#11 Posted : 3/7/2013 4:12:20 PM

veni, vidi, spici

hello DeDao

just brew up 3/4 doses and then if you need more you can just pour another cup. whatever you dont drink will last for months in the fridge
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

DeDao
#12 Posted : 3/7/2013 4:24:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Okay. But for example I should drink maybe 50g cielo and 10g hawaiian and for next dosing take just more hawaiian?

Not sure how it all works.

۩
#13 Posted : 3/7/2013 4:29:48 PM

50g of caapi really isn't much.
I would just drink the same cup of both again.
Or as 3rdI suggests go for 3/4 per cup and just brew
a whole bunch and just drink as needed.
Either way it will work.

DeDao
#14 Posted : 3/7/2013 10:07:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How long should on wait before redosing? How will redosing affect the length of the experience?

۩
#15 Posted : 3/7/2013 10:21:11 PM

Well it can come in waves. I wait at least an hour and a half before drinking more and always after eating something light and seeing how that affects it. A cup of aya lingers. Afterglow for days. Will take you into the dream where time has no meaning. Just set aside the night.

DeDao
#16 Posted : 3/7/2013 11:03:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can't wait!