We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Best Azure Substrate? Options

Gone-and-Back
#1 Posted : 3/7/2013 1:24:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Every tek I have read so far I believe calls for grain and wood chips, but is there any other substrate that anyone has had success with while growing these mushies? Could the PF tek would for this strain?
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Mr.Peabody
#2 Posted : 3/7/2013 1:31:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nope, the PF tek could be used to get spores going, but these babies are wood-lovers. They seem to grow best on alder chips, but any hardwood chip should do. They do like other fibrous material, though. They grow in dune grass naturally, but wood chips are like prime food for them.

If you have any left over shredded caapi from aya brews, they LOVE this. It may be the best thing I've seen, but it's not terribly practical other than just being a good way to get rid of spent caapi.
Be an adult only when necessary.

AlbertKLloyd
#3 Posted : 3/7/2013 2:00:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

google the following words:

nature scapes scotts azures

edited to add:
here is a link:
https://mycotopia.net/fo...woodlover-substrate.html
also PF method works, but many add some lignin source to it for woodlovers and this means that a PC is just about mandatory.

Gone-and-Back
#4 Posted : 3/7/2013 6:50:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has never grown before, and was looking into this for a first try. SWIM was hoping that it could be done with the PF tek, as that seems the simplest way to go, and still wants to use the PF tek. If these don't grow very well with the PF tek or not at all, then what is the best strain for PF tek that would be ideal for a first timer? Something thats very potent yet has a somewhat fast colonization time compared to others?
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

AlbertKLloyd
#5 Posted : 3/7/2013 7:07:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Gone-and-Back wrote:
I have never grown before, and was looking into this for a first try. I was hoping that it could be done with the PF tek, as that seems the simplest way to go, and I still want to use the PF tek. If these don't grow very well with the PF tek or not at all, then what is the best strain for PF tek that would be ideal for a first timer? Something thats very potent yet has a somewhat fast colonization time compared to others?

Wut?
I fixed it.
Wink
Cubensis can be potent enough, most any strain will do, there are a few that people like more than others but that is a reflection of personal choice. Read a cubensis strain guide and decide for yourself...
http://www.fungiforum.com/index.php?showtopic=78
http://mycotopia.net/arc...us/messages/5/28557.html

etc

Mr.Peabody
#6 Posted : 3/7/2013 8:40:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Azures are NOT the way to go for a beginner. They are easy enough to grow mycelium, but to fruit they pretty much need to be grown outdoors. Even with that, they need the right climate, substrate, and season. Even with all of these things, it can still take a year or two for them to decide to fruit.

Go with cubes! They are the most popular mushroom because they grow so easily.

Gone-and-Back
#7 Posted : 3/7/2013 9:07:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Is there any strain of cubes that are known to produce more visuals or have less of a body load?

Parshvik Chintan
#8 Posted : 3/7/2013 9:09:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i would recommend starting with cubies too..
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

Mr.Peabody
#9 Posted : 3/7/2013 9:27:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hear good things about Penis envy, though I have never had them. People say they are smooth, visual and as much as twice as strong as your usual cube by mass. They're definitely in my next order of spores!

There is a thread called "Your favorite cubensis strain" which was made for just such a query!

jamie
#10 Posted : 3/7/2013 9:30:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have penis envy 6 spores on the way. Hope they are as good as the origional penis envy.
Long live the unwoke.

AlbertKLloyd
#11 Posted : 3/7/2013 11:19:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I was going to grow fungi I would grow PE cubies too, but lots of strains are great.
Amazons are another good strain.

Gone-and-Back
#12 Posted : 3/7/2013 11:27:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I tried P.E. once, they were pretty good compared to most that I have had, but then again so are a lot of the ones I have had lately.

cyantific
#13 Posted : 3/8/2013 3:24:54 AM

Journeyman

Try to get some Friscosa spores. They're the easiest wood lover to grow, and just as potent as azures.

I like to start spores a few kernels of sterile popcorn. That way you can isolate healthy mycelium by grabbing a few colonized kernels. From there transfer to Naturescapes or other hard wood chips.