We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
FASA for Chaliponga? Options

Gone-and-Back
#1 Posted : 3/4/2013 6:41:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I have some recently harvested Chaliponga leaves that were going to be used by a friend for an extraction. The plan was to use the FASA method, but he has a few questions he would like answered.

Is it ok to use the FASA method with Chaliponga leaf? Or is there a lot of fats and oils that will carry over from this plant source, causing additional cleanup to be required?

Also, is it better to keep the material fresh, or is it ideal to dry out the plant material before being used? I believe its better dry but just want to make sure I am giving him the proper information.

If someone could shed some light on these questions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all in advance!
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Gone-and-Back
#2 Posted : 3/6/2013 2:46:28 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Would really appreciate if someone can answer this for me...I dont want him to make a bunch of something that is possibly contaminated with toxic plant fats and oils or whatnot.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 3/7/2013 10:52:01 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Hi there,

yes, you can do FASA with caliponga. I have done both STB and A/B followed by xylene pulls and FASA, it works beautifully. FASA should take care of the excess fats/oils/chlorophylls pulled by xylene. Yields were ~0.8% in freebase, so I'd normally expect anything in the 0.5-1% range.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Gone-and-Back
#4 Posted : 3/9/2013 5:04:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Must an A/B or STB be performed before hand? I believe that the plan was to just perform the fasa extraction on the plant material, instead of doing a normal A/B or STB and then using FASA to salt it out of solution. I know that Infundibulum wrote a tek that used just the fasa method on some MHRB and obtained a good yield. Of course it contains a step with CASA (Citric acid acetone) to extract everything from the plant into its citrate salt, then changed to its fumarate salt to crash out of solution. This should work just fine with Chaliponga?

Parshvik Chintan
#5 Posted : 3/9/2013 8:25:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

idk about this fasa nonsense, but as far as freshness goes:

it doesn't really matter. fresh material is slightly better because its less likely to have oxidized/degraded alkaloids. also since there is still water in the vacuoles, it makes the cells easier to lyse (as all you have to do is disrupt/agitate the water in the vacuoles via microwaving or freezing).
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!