We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT & Leukemia: A Bizarre Coincidence? Options

adorno
#1 Posted : 3/2/2013 8:35:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would like to share something bizarre that recently happened. I am hoping the Nexus might be able to provide some insight. A friend of mine recently had her first DMT experience, and it was horrifically overwhelming. In the weeks following this experience, she was paranoid, and she felt outside of herself. She felt as if "she had done something terribly wrong." Out of nowhere, her skin suddenly began bruising. She went to the doctor and she was diagnosed with acute leukemia.

I did not find any of this out until after the fact. She contacted me because she knew that entheogenic research is a passion of mine. When we spoke on the phone she was convinced that the leukemia was her fault, that it was result of her DMT experiment, and that the sequence of events leading up to the diagnosis had been touched by the "supernatural." After all, scientists don't understand the exact cause of leukemia.

I basically told her three things. First, from the standpoint of mainstream biology there is no conceivable way that the DMT molecule could trigger acute leukemia. And even if the faintest amount of solvent had been present in the compound, it couldn't have been much more than what is found in junk food, or cured tobacco, so it is not likely that this was the cause either. Second, from the standpoint of metaphysical speculation--a standpoint I urged should be taken with a grain of salt--I suggested the following: she may have brought something back with her, she may have "made a decision" while she was there, her body may have become aware of something that had already begun running its course... Third, and finally, I told her it was most likely a bizarre coincidence.

When I asked her to detail her experience she was entirely at a loss for words. Of course, being at a loss for words regarding a DMT experience is not unusual, but she was entirely at a loss for words, which did seem unusual. Just about the only thing I could get out of her was that she felt crushed and humiliated by the "intelligence" of the entity or entities which unfolded across the hyper-topoi opening before her experience. I reassured her with the thought that there is no "more or less" with respect to existence: that is, it could be that there are entities who perceive an infinity of dimensions over and above the four we normally perceive, it could be that this perception includes an ever greater infinity of senses over and above the limited five making up our own... Even if all this were the case, however, even if those entities had all the knowledge about all the universe, they would be no more "here" in the element of their existence than she is or any of us are: existence is not a matter of degree. One cannot be more here than another. She seemed to take some comfort in this thought.

I am curious to hear the Nexus' thoughts on this story.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

۩
#2 Posted : 3/2/2013 9:01:24 AM

Every house has at least two sides.
One part of me thinks stress, anxiety, malnutrition and fear will mess you up.
Does it run in her family?
I watched myself get diagnosed and die in a hospital from lung cancer one time I vaped spice and thought I stopped breathing.

Now, the other part of me doesn't doubt in the least that this is some kind of interdimensional joke.
I don't care how that makes DMT look I have been there
and it's even weirder than that.

We may never know.
Maybe it's just her time.
The reason for that could be anything.

Time to put quarters in the machine of the soul.
We need those reports by noon.

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 3/2/2013 11:17:40 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Do you know what type of acute leukemia she has?

When I look for causes of acute leukemia I read that:
Hagop M. Kantarjian, MD, University of Texas wrote:
What Causes Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia?

Radiation exposure can increase the risk of developing acute lymphocytic leukemia (ALL). This can happen as a result of nuclear power accidents. Some people suspect that electrical fields from high-voltage power lines may also increase the risk of ALL, but studies have not shown a clear link so far. Lifestyle behaviors, such as smoking and poor diet, do not seem to increase the risk of ALL. Past exposure to certain types of chemotherapy and/or radiation are risk factors, as is having certain genetic diseases such as Down's syndrome. In most cases, it is impossible to know what caused someone to develop this disease.

So it seems to me unlikely that is is caused by DMT.

What I did see with several experience reports is that DMT makes you extremely aware of your body and any offset in its workings can be shown to you on your journey in several different ways. I think one of the ways can be how your friend experienced it.

I do not exclude that DMT might be the cause but to me it seems more likely that DMT was the messenger and not the cause.

Do you have any more information about this person like lifestyle an diet, any röntgen photo's taken in the past (for teeth/fraktured bones) or exposure to radiation in any way?

Rest me to say that I wish your friend all the best in the world and I hope that she will recover.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

adorno
#4 Posted : 3/2/2013 11:34:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
Now, the other part of me doesn't doubt in the least that this is some kind of interdimensional joke.
I don't care how that makes DMT look I have been there
and it's even weirder than that.

We may never know.
Maybe it's just her time.
The reason for that could be anything.

Time to put quarters in the machine of the soul.
We need those reports by noon.

That's some seriously deep stuff brother.

The Traveler wrote:
it seems more likely that DMT was the messenger and not the cause.

That's what I told her, Traveler. So far as I know, from the biological standpoint it is near to impossible that DMT was the cause. But it has been my experience that entheogens can sometimes reveal things you didn't even realize were going on with your body. As for diet and all that, this woman is very health minded. Not only is her diet healthy and organic, but she is also into "energy" and spiritual health: acupuncture, meditation, prayer, and so on. She is the one who tells me to pay better attention to my energy, and her job involves helping people.

It sounds like she is going to be alright, she is already doing the chemo.

foaf
#5 Posted : 3/4/2013 11:18:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

of course leukemia is a terrible thing, and the exact type is pertinent to how likely she is to make it through, my best wishes.

What you told her is exactly true. There is no scientific basis for DMT, or other similiar chemicals or related chemical structure causing cancer of any type. (my day job has me involved with things like this as a professional). There is probably nothing anyone can say that would totally remove the possible linkage in her mind, and while it will not affect her outcome, it will keep her from blaming herself for doing dmt, or the drug, or you. None of those blame thoughts are valid, but they will be a burden none of you need.

You said some weeks passed from the dmt to the bruising. I would propose that it probably takes months from the first cell going "rogue" until one developes symptoms such as bruising. The cancerous white blood cell has to multiply to an extent and spread to an extent that much of the marrow containing bones are overwhelmed such that they can no longer adequately make platelets at a rate that keeps up with the approximate week long lifespan of the platelets. The rate that this happens is variable and especially depends on the exact cell type of leukemia. It might be a useful specific question for her to ask the hematologist. ie, how long would it likely take from the first cell becoming cancerous to developing bruising. I bet they would say months.

Whenever someone gets sick, it is natural and even healthy to look back and try to figure out if something in life has changed that could explain it. There is almways something, but so often the relationship is not causal, and that is what happened here.

Pandora
#6 Posted : 3/16/2013 1:32:49 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Following doctor's orders and treatments appears to be saving my 63 year old husband from death via cancer. No doubt your friend with leukemia is much younger than him. Even so, she should probably look to other environmental factors than one large exogenous exposure to an endogenous neurotransmitter in my opinion.

In terms of my husband's cancer, the causative factors are absolutely no surprise, smoking (he is quitting), drinking (he does not) and workplace exposure to environmental toxins. This kind of stuff adds up over time.

Grab health and quit smoking/drinking/the toxic job now. Also, if you think something's wrong, get it checked out NOW. Early detection truly is best and the other factor that is keeping my husband alive.

I hope things work out for your friend . . .
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Enoon
#7 Posted : 3/16/2013 1:56:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Though I've never had any illness in the league of cancer, I do know that almost every time I use psychedelics just before I break out with a bad cold or something of the likes I have an incredibly hard time. I have come to understand that what we recognize as symptoms of a sickness is really much further down the process of the illness than what our body is dealing with - i.e. we are fighting the bug long before we notice anything is wrong.

And taking psychedelics in these moments usually brings out extreme negativity in the experiences for me. In that sense it is no surprise to me that something that is so directly negative for the immune system could provoke a negative experience with psychedelics/DMT.

When I was sick from deficiencies and who knows what (I never had it checked out in the end) I had very bad dmt trips, one of which literally showed me how my body was not able to function and how my proteins were disintegrating. I find this property of psychedelics quite interesting.

I remember some theory about how we could communicate with our DNA while on ayahuasca or something of the sort... I wouldn'T so far as to say that, but there is certainly a different level of awareness or communication with our otherwise silent parts, when doing psychedelics.

I wish your friend the best and hope she can overcome this.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction