We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123
First bioassay of wild phalaris arundinacea of the year Options

jamie
#41 Posted : 7/27/2013 4:06:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have a pretty good pile of wild arundinacea now that I had dried and chopped up stored away from harvests over the summer and I am thinking more and more about seperations now.

Considering this particular grass was found to have such high levels of beta carbolines compared to tryptamines(in late fall anyway) I figure separating the tryptamines from the beta carbolines is a start. That would leave me with DMT,NMT and 5meoNMT..5meoNMT likely being dominant.

Does anyone know if the beta carbolines that are pretty much pinoline analogues in the grass will drop out with a base precip from water?..would the tryptamines still stay in solution?

Seperating the individual tryptamines might not be so easy..but it has to be doable and there IS DMT in this grass and I do have access to as much of it as I could ever harvest. I don't mind the full spectrum tryptamines either but it would be nice to have a wild source of DMT clean enough to reach the breakthrough space, as well as pure NMT and 5meoNMT.
Long live the unwoke.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acacian
#42 Posted : 7/27/2013 4:28:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder if working with a few lower ph's may precipitate some of the beta carbolines out without the dmt before finally pushing it up to 11-12? you could try doing pulls at ph 8, 9 and 10 (10 may be pushing it i'm not sure) and get the contents of each pull analysed.. if you could get the beta carbs to precipitate before the dmt that would be a good start

nen888
#43 Posted : 7/27/2013 10:19:11 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

acacian wrote:
I wonder if working with a few lower ph's may precipitate some of the beta carbolines out without the dmt before finally pushing it up to 11-12? you could try doing pulls at ph 8, 9 and 10 (10 may be pushing it i'm not sure) and get the contents of each pull analysed.. if you could get the beta carbs to precipitate before the dmt that would be a good start

..this is true, though may not result in 100% separation, but yes betacarbolines tend to come out at lower basic pH..8-9..most tryptamines above that..

jamie
#44 Posted : 7/27/2013 6:38:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

it doesn't have to be perfect..just getting the bulk of the beta carboline levels out of the way would give a much cleaner representation of what the 3 tryptamines present are doing and how they interact/synergize without the high levels of beta carbolines dominating..and how the mixture of the 3 acts at larger doses, without having to ingest way too much of a beta carboline.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#45 Posted : 7/27/2013 7:32:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

does anyone know the pKa of 6MeO2MeTHBC?

So..what I gather is that maybe dissolving the alkaloid extract in water and then adding sodium bicarbonate saturated water will drop out the bulk of the beta-carbolines(and leave the tryptamines)?..or maybe not? Do we know anything at all about 6MeO2MeTHBC?..

If I have to I will learn column chromatography or something, but I would rather separate this stuff other ways..

I also now have doubts about the absence of 5meoDMT in this grass..maybe the limo never picked it up in the sample I sent for testing but I was reading over Johnny Appleseeds stuff again and they definatly found 5meoDMT in BC samples of grass..and I have been collecting grass from a few locations near my home so it only makes sense that some of the specimens I am gathering from are producing it..would it be soluble in vegetable oils?
Long live the unwoke.

PREV123