We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Growing Phalaris (first timer): Increasing plants DMT levels before harvesting?? Options

ChynnaDoll
#1 Posted : 2/24/2013 9:08:05 PM

There are no such thing as coincidences....

Is this possible? I read about watering plants with tryptophan enriched water and stimulating the plant (leaves and stems) with needles and stuff but that was for mimosa hostilis, would that work for phalaris also??

I'm new to the nexus (hello world) and have been reading up on MHRB, phalaris, and other plants of that nature for some days now I'm really interested in learning more about the cultivation and extraction process of phalaris arundinacea. So any links or suggested reading would be GREATLY appreciated.

I've read that the dmt content is drastically low compared to mimosa hostilis but due to some difficulty of attaining it I decided to grow my own reed grass and ordered the seeds, they should be here in bout 4 more days. Im convinced if i take the correct approach a proper dmt yeild can be achieved from what i've researched (im being optomisitic ^_^), i just dont know where to begin.

You guys know of any way to increase DMT levels in phalaris? Or where i can go to learn how the plant operates chemically(and the certain chemicals that are converted to DMT and how to capitalize on it?). Hope im not asking too many questions or writing too much haha

I've never extracted anything form the plants I've grown, so their chemical properties wasnt something i researched when i first started gardening.
Turn up, tune in, drop out. #Frenquencies

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jamie
#2 Posted : 2/24/2013 11:15:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

tryptophan or tryptamine?

I have never heard of doping plants with tryptophan but I would assume that is easier to get than tryptamine.
Long live the unwoke.

John Smith
#3 Posted : 2/24/2013 11:29:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess you're getting the idea of adding tryptophan to grass due to another popular idea of adding tryptophan to mushroom substrate since it is the precursor to many indole alkaloids. There's been plenty discussion in the past but I'm not sure if anyone ever came up with conclusive results. I mean if adding tryptophan as a nutrient to the grass won't hurt it, why not try it ? Especially if you can separate two batches(one with it, one without) and then compare the results.
INFORMATION
No input signal

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 2/25/2013 10:19:52 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Plants generally do not absorb big molecules from their roots. They only absorb simple minerals from roots and capture CO2 from the leaves which, through photosynthesis becomes the starting material for almost every organic compound in the plants.

Watering them with tryptophan or anything else would only enrich the soil in tryptophan.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Vodsel
#5 Posted : 2/25/2013 1:10:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Stress induction by moderate drought before harvesting, extra fertilization with nitrates (precursors of aminoacids) in the last weeks, previous clipping of the top first growth, harvesting in late summer when growing outdoors... there's several variables you could play with that have been mentioned in the available reports, I would forget about the tryptophan and experiment with these, or other procedures that agree with basic plant metabolism.

SKA
#6 Posted : 2/25/2013 1:33:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Aren't there micro-bacteria in the soil that can convert Nitrogen-containing compounds into more
simple, reduced nitrogen compounds? Perhaps if tryptophan is added to the soil, these bacteria will
reduce it to a smaller molecule, then in turn maybe the plant IS able to absord this reduced nitrogen-
compound & subsequently turn it into DMT?

Other than that I imagine feeding the Phalaris' soild with Potassium Nitrate & other sources of Nitrogen
could help increase the available building blocks for the grass to make extra DMT.

However to make that count you'd probably need to find a way to significantly speed up the action of the
enzymes living in the grass, so it'll absorb more building blocks & so that they will make significantly
more DMT out of those extra building blocks, right?

How would you speed up enzymatic activity in Phalaris or Mimosa?
Certain Nutrients?(if so, which ones?) A certain & constant
temperature? A certain Humidity level? Certain light levels?
Combinations of the aforementioned methods?
Anyone?

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 2/25/2013 2:13:58 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SKA wrote:
Aren't there micro-bacteria in the soil that can convert Nitrogen-containing compounds into more
simple, reduced nitrogen compounds? Perhaps if tryptophan is added to the soil, these bacteria will
reduce it to a smaller molecule, then in turn maybe the plant IS able to absord this reduced nitrogen-
compound & subsequently turn it into DMT?

Theoretically yes, but practically bacteria would primarily use tryptophan to build their proteins. Any tryptophan would ultimately be metabolised to nothing really resembling tryptophan and, when plants absorbed it wouldn't be much different from any other fertiliser.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

ChynnaDoll
#8 Posted : 3/5/2013 9:28:42 PM

There are no such thing as coincidences....

Thanks for all the great information guys. I just finished up my research today and have my seeds germinatin in a little greenhouse of sorts I made as we speak. If you guys dont mind I'll keep you guys posted on the progress and probably picking your brains along the way lol.

Im definetly playing around with ideas of using the stressing drought/clipping methods, i just didnt want to slow down the growth of the plants. I also read there was another thing you could do to increase potency by putting certain nutrients in water besides nitrogen but I've read so much i cant recall exactly what it said Big grin
Turn up, tune in, drop out. #Frenquencies

Jin
#9 Posted : 3/8/2013 1:29:50 PM

yes

look deeper into growing psychotria
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

AlbertKLloyd
#10 Posted : 3/8/2013 2:54:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

nen888
#11 Posted : 3/9/2013 11:22:43 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling