We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Citric acid to salt (5-MeO-)DMT for I.M. injection and solubilities Options

Solipsis
#1 Posted : 2/21/2013 10:17:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have a question about injecting 5-MeO-DMT but could not find another thread to ask it. If you can redirect me I will go to the appropriate place to continue my quest...

Anyway, my question is about the water solubility of 5-MeO-DMT citrate meant for IM injetion. I understand that fumarates are often used for either stability or aqueous solubility of these tryptamines, but it would be an investment of time and energy to get fumaric acid to salt my 5-MeO-DMT that way.

My plan is to make a soln. of 5 mg/ml of 5-MeO-DMT. Will it work to use a stoichiometric amount of citric acid and heating it up a little? Vinegar or muriatic acid may also be options but mine are not pure, I got food-grade vinegar (also concentrated stuff for cleaning but I trust that stuff even less) and muriatic acid is from the hardware store.

Is there anyone with experience, knowledge / expertise on this sort of thing? I may plan to use synthetic N,N-DMT in the same fashion but that, too, is freebase right now.
(By the way I do have micron filters for IM)

Thank you very much in advance. And apologies if I am in the wrong place, I understand if this gets merged.

Love

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

AlbertKLloyd
#2 Posted : 2/22/2013 12:10:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

While the needle thing makes me a bit uncomfortable:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me....aspx?g=posts&t=3016
I hope this helps.