We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
ronsonol new MSDS Options

kyuss
#1 Posted : 2/21/2013 10:01:03 PM
Born to hula

hello everyone

i have been reading more about the solvent i use. and i understand that ronsonol lighter fluid was once 99% naphtha, but when zippo bought ronsonol in 2010, they changed the makeup of the lighter fluid, apparently. according to this thread, the makeup of the lighter fluid is now: 70% light hydrotreated distillate and 30% hydrotreated light naphtha. im not sure if this poster is correct, but i have emailed the company and asked for a MSDS sheet.

so me being the non-chemistry type.. is this still usable as a solvent? i have no idea what the terms light hydrotreated distillate or hydrotreated light naphtha means

take care

03:18:30 ‹InMotion› dearest prime minister why have you forsaken orange peel juice

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Kash
#2 Posted : 2/22/2013 12:16:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Hydrotreatment of petroleum is simply a catalytic method for removing impurities. Should just be a mix of purified hydrocarbons and fine to use.Thumbs up
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

kyuss
#3 Posted : 2/22/2013 2:42:26 AM
Born to hula

Kash wrote:
Hydrotreatment of petroleum is simply a catalytic method for removing impurities. Should just be a mix of purified hydrocarbons and fine to use.Thumbs up

thanks for the reply kash. i have no doubts that you are correct, and when i evaped the lighter fluid myself, it was clean. but one thing that is confusing, is that when the guy emailed the zippo comapny (in the thread i link), he got a letter from a lady repersenative stating that "The Ronsonol fluid no longer contains naphtha". is she wrong? or is it that the mix of hydrocarbons is what makes up naphtha, and she wasnt aware

thanks

03:18:30 ‹InMotion› dearest prime minister why have you forsaken orange peel juice

Kash
#4 Posted : 2/22/2013 11:30:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Well its still fundamentally the same thing really, though it might technically be named something else. Naptha is a mix of petroleum distillates, so is the stuff you have.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

kyuss
#5 Posted : 2/25/2013 2:41:21 PM
Born to hula

hi again. i just recently got the new MSDS for the ronsonol lighter fluid, and to be honest it is much more of a confusing format then their old one. it is hard to find the ingredients to it on there sheet. could someone take a quick look at it and make sure that its fine to use?

here

much appreciated by me and anyone else who uses this brand!

cyb
#6 Posted : 2/25/2013 2:52:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

I use Ronsonol, Zippo, Swan, Newport...never had a problem.
It's Naphtha (light) Thumbs up
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

kyuss
#7 Posted : 2/25/2013 2:57:08 PM
Born to hula

thanks so much cyb, i know i may be over worried but its just that i share this stuff with friends sometimes and i dont want to put their lungs in danger or anything. or my own lol.

P.S: looking forward to completing your tek with my next order of MHRB!

Spooky
#8 Posted : 2/25/2013 10:26:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey Cyb, on step 8 in your tek you say to pour out naptha into a jar or recycle it. Would fresh naptha be a better option for the next pull or will the recycled naptha do the same job?

cyb
#9 Posted : 2/26/2013 4:41:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Spooky wrote:
Hey Cyb, on step 8 in your tek you say to pour out naptha into a jar or recycle it. Would fresh naptha be a better option for the next pull or will the recycled naptha do the same job?

Either or...its the same stuff...just cheaper to recycle.
It may pick up a yellow color but that's OK by me.
Smile

Use fresh for Re-xing to get whiter xtals.

Spooky
#10 Posted : 2/26/2013 6:16:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
Spooky wrote:

Either or...its the same stuff...just cheaper to recycle.
It may pick up a yellow color but that's OK by me.
Smile

Use fresh for Re-xing to get whiter xtals.

Thanks bro. Also, on step 5 it doesn't specify to release build up pressure after the shaking process.Where in step 6 does mention it. Is that correct?
I also took your advice and got some natural spring water with a PH of 7.8 and other purified waters with a Ph of 9.5 . The natural spring water comes in a glass bottle.where the others are bottled in plastic.

cyb
#11 Posted : 2/26/2013 6:42:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just release the cap periodically...you will feel a little ffft if its building up.
The pH of the water can only help the process...its all good Thumbs up

OutsideInterior
#12 Posted : 12/1/2018 2:00:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Many blessings Cyb for your patience and humility in response to the endless questioning you as Author will forever encounter. Maybe this should be it's own thread?...