We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Optical Illusions Options

tetsuotheironman
#1 Posted : 2/19/2013 11:14:54 PM

halfsharkhalfalligatorhalfman

Stumbled across this pretty awesome compilation of optical illusions recently. Nothing terribly new if you've taken interest in these before... There are a couple of novel ones that are very interesting and somewhat new:

face distortion - I'd seen this recently as a .gif on reddit or somewhere using faces of celebrities (large .gif warning). The effect is very surreal and I guess stems from 'carrying over' facial features from previously viewed faces when the subjects are at the same eye-level... journal article and pdf with more info and movies

color perception failure - I'd seen similar techniques applied but never in such a striking fashion. The 'blue' and 'green' are the same color... Test it in photoshop or some color picker / eyedropper!

McGurk effect - This isn't new either- but I think is somewhat relevant to discussions of auditory hallucinations.

And obviously all the typical 'trippy' ones that mess with your visual system creating the illusion of motion...

Curious what anyone has to say about these types of illusions in relation to the types of experiences we discuss here.

Not that its news to anyone here Big grin - but your brain can very easily deceive you! Don't trust it!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!