We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Green Star and Cactus Juice ?! Options

Observant
#1 Posted : 3/23/2009 9:06:05 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Have you ever thought about placing fresh cactus Pieces in a device like this ?

I think it could work quite wonderfully . Smile

Efficiency wise , one could always put the remains into a cactus brew , to get everything .
I will sure test that one out !
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Observant
#2 Posted : 3/23/2009 9:08:44 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Just realized that it not the right Subforum.
Please move it to 'Other Entheogens' if you read this Traveler.
Thanks
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

reflexion
#3 Posted : 3/24/2009 6:18:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ive been wanting to try this, but dont have access to a good juicer.

alternatively one could blend up the chuncks really well, then place in the fridge for a day or so to let the foam settle and the pulp seaparate from the juices and float to the top,. which could then be simmered in water to recover whatever alkaloids may be left over, like you mentioned.

i wonder if anyone has tried either method? the juicer method seems ideal for preparing fresh cacti. drying and making tea, is a bit of a chore. i dont think it would be necesary to extract from the pulp really. nearly all alk's would be in the juice i would assume.

69ron
#4 Posted : 3/24/2009 6:40:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard that is very seriously clogs up the juicer ruining the juicer. I don't know if that's true or not.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Observant
#5 Posted : 3/25/2009 12:52:55 AM

Nothing Stops The Void

Hey , thanks for your replies.

69Ron,
I am sure the juicer wont be harmed by cactus material .
Its a very good Quality Product , and i can also grind frozen banana pieces , and juice banana peels with it.

As soon as I am willing to sacrifice one of my Pedros i will post results .

I expect the juice to be much better tasting than cooked out cactus brew , and an extraction on it could also easily be done.

69ron
#6 Posted : 3/25/2009 3:22:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Let us know if the juicer can handle it. I might get one myself if its that tough.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

antrocles
#7 Posted : 3/30/2009 8:18:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM seconds that!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 6/5/2009 4:54:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey y'all,

I hate to be a troll and unearth old posts...but has anyone actually ever tried this cactus/juicer combo??

Its just that it seems really quite an amazing idea...

If one was to get rid of the tough inner core and the skin/spines etc, one could then freeze and thaw the cacts chunks once or twice...the freezing and thawing would help break down the cell walls further...

And then run it through the juicer (maybe twice with wheatgrass juicer).

I have trouble ingesting enough raw cactus in one go to have a really deep experience, but this seems like a possible of a method of getting out most of the goodies, with relatively little hassle...maybe??

Any thoughts?

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 6/5/2009 5:05:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

perhaps if it was run through the juicer WHILE frozen..
it's a sound

Bancopuma
#10 Posted : 6/5/2009 5:22:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well yeah I was just thinking that...it would mush up all the cells and release all the juicy goodness within...at least in theory.. Its annoying as I only one surviving San Pedro (and he's a keeper) as all my others got wet and died over the winter when I was away Sad

Really think this is an interesting idea...even have two different types of juicers to play with...

In the name of science and our species I think someone should consider trying this (from initial research also seems MUCH cheaper than making an extraction...)

Observant
#11 Posted : 6/5/2009 6:02:32 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

I'm quite sure it works - I will try it this summer

Bancopuma wrote:

Really think this is an interesting idea...even have two different types of juicers to play with...

Me too - a Green Star and a Hand Powered One made of Metal.
Green Star is a top device - I clogged it using Phalaris stems - this didn't damage the device it just stopped and had to be cleaned.

Bancopuma
#12 Posted : 6/5/2009 6:09:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great stuff...I may look for a fresh San Pedro to experiment with...it might a lot cheaper and lot less hassle than doing an extraction...and you get the benefits of all the other goodies contained in the cactus...definitely worth a shot I think!

PS I have a hand crancked wheatgrass juicer, and a mechanical centrigugal/blade juicer designed for hard fruit and veg like carrots, apples, celery etc...don't know why it would have a problem with properly prepared, frozen San Pedro...