We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Most Epic Experience With the Aid Of Music Options

#1 Posted : 2/18/2013 4:04:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Im curious for all those that tend to listen to music when journeying, what was the song that you were listening to when it happened? Reason I ask is because I think music/sound/vibration has ALOT to do with this experience and what is facilitated during. In about 90% of my DMT experiences i've had the aid of music.

It appears to me that hyperspace tends to mold itself to the music. Whether this has something to do with vibration or the simple fact of music invoking an upsurge of emotion within, which then, catalyzes a specific experience, I have no clue but am most curious.

What song/s were you listening to when you had your most epic DMT experience?

Here's mine Youtube: Pryda - "Allein Allein"

This song was played when I had the most intense and epic experience of my life 9 months ago. This experience: I thought I knew DMT breakthroughs.....was...I...wrong.

Much love everyone Love

Tat Tvam Asi

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

AllIsDistraction
#2 Posted : 2/18/2013 4:57:03 PM

If you improve we'll all improve

This is it for me: "Does It Look Like I'm Here?" by Emeralds

It's just the right amount of time for a solid DMT trip, about 7 1/2 minutes. It starts light (somewhat) and becomes more and more intense as it builds. Eventually it reaches a climax of noise that just absolutely catapulted me into the furthest realms I have ever experienced. Then it ended as quickly as it began, pulling me back to where my body awaited.

I fully agree with you, Tattvamasi, that Hyperspace and sound are intrinsically connected and do feed off of each other. Finding the right song can be so very important for the voyage. I'm not sure HOW or WHY this is the case... but I'm not too concerned. I just know it's freaking awesome.

Cool choice on yours by the way, the vocals are utterly captivating.
Learning to know that I do not know.

#3 Posted : 2/18/2013 5:20:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Very nice AllIsDistraction Smile I love the buildup on songs such as those....building in intensity.

Thank you for sharing. Smile

VIII
#4 Posted : 2/18/2013 6:01:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lovely report in that thread Tattvamasi!

I've had a number of DMT trips with the aid of music. A few similar to yours with the music essentially dissolving into the experience shortly into it. One godhead experience with the aid of music is below (though many others have rocked me just as hard, in different ways).

The visuals definitely form to or with the music and in my experience have meshed very well with trips. I fumbled at the last moment to turn off the music after dosing once and it threw the experience off for me. I felt I needed the music off, but doing so felt stranger. The trip had the physical intensity but dim visuals and uncomfortable. The song it was on was almost over and I hadn't noticed that the next on shuffle was Puscifer - Green Valley, which I enjoy. Since then I've let shuffle do its thing or decided on a playlist beforehand if tripping with music.

Radiohead - Climbing Up the Walls
Incredible! I used to listen to this song when I began my experimenting with marijuana and it always rocked my head to the point of an almost unbearable energy where I would have to tear my headphones off and start laughing at the intense effect of the music.
When I got the chance to breakthrough to this song it was golden. I was lying down in the midst of a surround sound system and recall travelling down a typical hyperspace entry tunnel with the music encompassing everything. Time dilation was very odd. I could somehow make out the lyrics, and felt as though I heard most of the song, but also felt as though minimal time had passed before I broke beyond the colorful geometric tunnel and into what escapes words.

Beats Antique - 100 Eyes
The drums in this song had me ON ONE during a Changa experience (sub-breakthroughish). Something about the tune vibes with me and DMT. Had an experience with this song in some indescribable hyperspace room. There was a surface/object that shifted its perspective in relation to me in impossible ways synced with the music. It would veer far the the left of my vision, then stretch across to the right and directly into the closest I could describe as me (centered point of vision). I could feel it shift, twist, and all the other infinite movements it made as it made its way to the right of my vision and back again, like a pendulum twisting/expanding/untwisting/contracting in every direction.

Beats Antique - Roustabout
Failed sub-breakthrough with this one due to set/setting, but had visions of a sleek leathery purple chrysanthemum bubbling and folding each cell on itself. Also synced with the music.

Beats Antique - Grandstand / Discovered
Godhead experience via changa. Entered experience with Grandstand. Upon exiting the godhead I felt like a giant and Discovered was playing, mixed for a great dancing platform for the next half hour+ (I just HAD to play Rosetta Stoned after Laughing )

Puscifer - Man Overboard
Extended period of low-dosing changa prior to and during song. More of a minds eye and aural trip. Felt as though I was on a pirate ship, near the end of the song I had intense visions of "Gods waiting room" as I've heard some describe similarly in reports. Almost a marble look to the visuals. Pristine, bright white, shimmering with energy, somewhat holographic.

Some Shpongle trips were notable but escaping my mind at the moment. Surely other music as well, but the above were most notable.

Edit: ah, Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth or Dorset Perception or Star Shpongled Banner
One of those 3 was responsible for a Poseidon-esque experience. Travelling through a tunnel of liquid color/geometries with entities jumping out of the liquid like dolphins. Truly beautiful experience. Perhaps the water-like noises (or my perception of such noises as water-like) could have contributed to the water-tunnel effect.

AllIsDistraction wrote:
I fully agree with you, Tattvamasi, that Hyperspace and sound are intrinsically connected and do feed off of each other. Finding the right song can be so very important for the voyage. I'm not sure HOW or WHY this is the case... but I'm not too concerned. I just know it's freaking awesome.

Cool choice on yours by the way, the vocals are utterly captivating.

I'll third this Smile Music can very much alter the experience. The way sound works in hyperspace baffles me... Anybody been able to make some sense of it?
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

#5 Posted : 2/18/2013 11:55:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

VIII, Im really diggin the music, especially "Beats Antique - 100 eyes" Very happy

Thanks for taking the time to write all that out. It would be awesome to catalogue genres of music, then go on to catalogue the dmt experiences with specific genres and what type of experience transpired. I know there's many other variables besides music n' such, but there is a strong correlation between music/vibration and the experience and how it goes.

And yeah, that "Allein Allein" by Pryda that I linked, is hands down the one song, if it ever comes on in my car or off a cd randomly, I get an amazingly strong nostalgia of that peak experience mixed with pretty intricate "non chemical induced" visions, opened and closed eye.

No Knowing
#6 Posted : 2/19/2013 6:49:57 AM

fool adept

Awesome thread, I definitely think sound has a big impact on the DMT experience. Especially with icaros and all that traditional aural engineering of the trip I think us modern trippers have quite the special privilege to experience DMT with any song from the whole internet on a nice stereo.

Chanting or singing during a trip is something I would definitely like to engage in as my experience deepens.

Now to three songs that played during important hyperspace journeys of mine.

Potato fields of Electric Gliding Blue..........by The Orb

This song played during the first time I took DMT which was also my only Godhead (strongest peak) experience. The song just radiated pure love and light into the trip and really put me WAY UP in that astral plane FAR DETACHED from earth.

During the trip I remember feeling humorous that I had become embroiled in my limited "life" to forget the all-encompassing, "THIS". The song is really weird and ambient, yet, purely joyous with a sample of a girl repeatedly saying, "It's really just the sun." This phrase held intense meaning for me as I came down and (during?) [hard to remember].

Tchengo..........by Loop Guru

This was the song I chose for my return to hyperspace after a more than one year hiatus following my first [Godhead] experience. The song just screams spirituality and focused meditation to me.

The sense of movement imparted on the experience by the repeating chanting sample really allowed the entire hyperspatial field to flow as one. Entities all came out to greet me in a rapid yet naturally progressive fashion. Intensity was there but I kept ahead of it and was not overwhelmed until I was coming down and realizing where I was trying to piece it all together.

I was outside in the woods on a sunny June day and it really went well with the visuals I experienced. I was very happy with this choice for this set and setting. Strong Japanese tea garden, Zen Monastery, Asian?, feel to this trip.

Attached...........by Orbital

This was the song chosen for a 3 gram mushroom journey where I took 50 mgs of harmalas orally then a breakthrough dose of spice all during the mushroom peak. The song slowly carried me farther and farther away from consensus reality and had me in a sort of senate or congress of entities who were all trying to impart information on me, or get me to choose from whom I'd learn or experience[never did make a choice] for some time.

Very intense BUT very little fear was experienced on this trip. Made me fall in love with launching off of another psychedelic trip. The song carried me on one of the most linear journeys through hyperspace with less detours and distractions than during most other journeys.

Those were my three most intense sonically guided experiences. Some musings....

Sometimes the music seems to play a smaller part in the experience, and sometimes a larger one. I tried to see if I could listen to a "scary" song during DMT while smoking on LSD one time. [notwotwo by autechre] I had to run to the stereo in full breakthrough to switch the song. (itunes looked like an alien control interface complete with unknown lettering system) In relation to this...

@VIII I love Radiohead but wow Climbing up the Walls can be creepy amazing that this worked out for you.

Can't wait to experiment with more songs! Definitely one of the most important factors in a smoalked journey IMHO.

In the province of the mind what one believes to be true, either is true or becomes true within certain limits. These limits are to be found experimentally and experientially. When so found these limits turn out to be further beliefs to be transcended. In the province of the mind there are no limits. However, in the province of the body there are definite limits not to be transcended.-J.C. Lilly
The Spice must flow
Zat was Zen and dis is Dao.

RoGu3
#7 Posted : 2/19/2013 10:29:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I had one of the most epic journeys on DMT while listening to this

Ott - A Nice Little Place

Very soothing and ambient. Perfect imo

Ott - A Shower of Sparks

Ott - The Queen of All Everything

Some more great songs by Ott.

The Mystery of The Yeti - Sacred Communication

Shpongle - Crystal Skulls - Western Rebel Alliance

More ambience

Pleased
Don't be afraid, Don't be afraid, Let everything flow through you

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

null24
#8 Posted : 2/19/2013 9:30:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

personally, music is almost anathema to a breakthru, after all how can you make sense of music when you cant make sense of time? Although, I have a stand alone dark star that is awesome, and Radiohead's "standing in the Aisles" as well as "climbing up the Walls" remixes.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

AllIsDistraction
#9 Posted : 2/19/2013 10:11:29 PM

If you improve we'll all improve

null24 wrote:
personally, music is almost anathema to a breakthru, after all how can you make sense of music when you cant make sense of time?

While I personally prefer to have music on I can see your point as well. For me the music acts like a trampoline, a launching pad so-to-speak. I'll listen for as long as I can and then just blast off, using the sounds as fuel.

Occasionally I'll hear the melodies drift in and out during the trip itself but music pretty much becomes a pleasant background when you go to the depths.
Learning to know that I do not know.

highRvibratoryfreq
#10 Posted : 2/20/2013 3:07:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

zero 7 - destiny

has to be one of the most powerful musically enhanced dmt trips ive ever had, i smoked the pipe and i had a tv on with milkdrop visualisations and they just emerged out of the screen in 3 dimensions and spiralled up into the room like smoke, and then an entity started rearranging the composition of the music chopping it up bending the pitch all sorts of impossible sounds ive never heard before or since, then the visual space was being manipulated by the same entity impossible objects etc, whilst a feeling of true love and beauty kept building and building into infinity

the experience was so profound i tried repeating it on 2 occasions at later dates with the same piece of music to no success.

highRvibratoryfreq
#11 Posted : 2/20/2013 3:11:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

if i tried another song / spice session id probably choose this track! insanely good almost dont even need to smoke the spice to go somewhere with this just a dark room eyes closed!

forever shining soul