We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
4-Hydroxydimethyltryptamine from DMT? Options

weissewolf
#1 Posted : 3/23/2009 1:17:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was just curious if anybody has tried this with success?
I found this in the following article.
http://www.erowid.org/ar...cchemistry/chapter3.html

4-Hydroxydimethyltryptamine (Psilocin) from DMT C.R. Acad. Sci. Paris 275,613(1972) See also C.R.A.S.P. 269,51(1969) and BSC 1523(1959).

Mix 0.01 M dimethyltryptamine, 0.02 M phosphate buffer pH 7.2 containing 5 mM ascorbic acid, 0.02 M disodium EDTA and 0.01 M ferrous sulfate (CuCl may substitute) and add with stirring at 20-22ø 0.02M H2O2 (0.01 M may increase yield). Let reaction proceed to completion (2 hours or less) and extract with ethyl acetate. Dry and evaporate in vacuum to get about 30% yield of psilocin. The product, which contains the other OH-DMT's as well, can be chromatographed on silica thin layer with t-butanol-acetic acid-water (ACS 22,1210 (196Cool) or on a 5% alumina-Nickel column or 10% alumina-Nickel plate with CHCl3-methanol and the psilocin eluted with methanol.
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#2 Posted : 3/23/2009 2:22:58 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

damn, that seems really simple; never tried (or even heard of) it though

the phosphate buffer is just pH 7 buffer for pH meter calibration, and ascorbic acid is vitamin c.
all those reagents are fairly benign, therefore easily acquired.

though not sure swim would devote any precious spice to such an endeavor. would be cheaper to just grow the little buggers containing 4-HO-DMT
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

weissewolf
#3 Posted : 3/23/2009 6:12:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah but it would be sweet if you could have it in liquid or drop it on paper.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 3/23/2009 6:41:52 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

a tincture in an amber bottle (in an anti-oxidant solution like dmso or ascorbic acid) would be cool, but paper would not be a good idea. active doses of psilocin are around 10-15mg so it may not fit (it might on sugar cubes), and psilocin auto-oxidizes in air.
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

weissewolf
#5 Posted : 3/23/2009 7:18:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I couldnt remember about the oxygen thing. I thought I read about it in tikhal that it broke down in contact with oxygen but wasnt sure.

VisualDistortion
#6 Posted : 3/23/2009 8:16:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would trade in some spice for some pure psilocin
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

benzyme
#7 Posted : 3/23/2009 11:30:34 PM

analytical chemist

maybe if dmt was already synthed

30% yield is a pretty low yield, yet this seems like a really simple invention

weissewolf
#8 Posted : 3/24/2009 12:10:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This isnt from DMT but I found this also. Talks of soxhlet extraction of dried cubes.

http://www.cognitivelibe...dsarchive/extraction.htm

http://leda.lycaeum.org/?ID=10410

VisualDistortion
#9 Posted : 3/24/2009 10:58:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You could keep it in some dmso and then when you wanted some magick, you could inject it into a marshmellow until you had the weight increase you wanted. I say inject it into a marshmellow just to keep oxygen exposure down.

You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me