We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
So I'm vaping Rhodiola Rosea... suprisingly psychoactive Options

embracethevoid
#1 Posted : 2/17/2013 4:08:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And it seems to work!

There's a lot of hubbub about e-liquid and WTA (whole tobacco alkaloid). People who smoke e-cigarettes sometimes complain that 'something is missing', part of it is the lack of beta-carboline alkaloids in the nicotine juice and another part is the lack of many nicotine-like alkaloids like cotinine, nornicotine and many others I cannot name.

Well, I just dropped some Rhodiola Rosea tincture into my e-cigarette tank; brand used is Nature's Answer Rhodiola Rosea Tincture. It's not the best value for money but it does the job. The tincture contains a mixture of: Rhodiola extract (standardised 1% salidrosides, 3% rosavins, 24% polyphenols) dissolved in vegetable glycerin and water.

Interestingly I'm experiencing these really strange tracers which I have good reason to believe is due to the Rhodiola. In my e-cig I've got a few drops of clove oil, nicotine juice, freebase harmala (should actually have been salted according to Benzyme to work properly) and of course, Rhodiola tincture.

This stuff is very interesting to vape. Who'd have thought Rhodiola was vapeable? It seems to work and what's more it seems slightly psychedelic. The smoke is very smooth too, normally the nicotine juice alone is pretty harsh.

It's a different tracer effect to harmala. Harmala tracers are silvery shimmers that arise and disappear very fast. Harmala has a generally fast pulse to it, everything about harmala is fast fast fast. These tracers are slow and linger for a split second, which is a long time in tracer terms. I cannot comment any further as I have just commenced this experiment but suffice to say it's very nice! It seems to kill off a lot of the craving for a smoke too although my brain is yet very persistent in wanting to coat me lungs in tar Shocked

Frame of mind right now is a very nice warm Zen. There's cold Zen silence... this isn't that. This is warm Zen, that's the only way I can explain it.

Rhodiola Rosea is a known MAO-A and MAO-B inhibitor, let's see what comes out of this. More essential oils to be added. Something tells me Lobelia tincture is a must-add here; it is known to stop smoke cravings dead in their tracks and progressively inhibits nicotine addiction. Aromatherapy has never been such fun! Laughing

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

embracethevoid
#2 Posted : 2/17/2013 5:19:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Experience update:

Mood is balanced. Muscle cramps and aches I developed previously due to messing around with energy work and not restoring the energy properly have been dissolved, very interesting! I got similar effects with Reishi mycelium extract and it is great to know that Rhodiola Rosea can also do this.

An improved sense of connection to Chi is observed, movement feels rather easy. The body likes to move through the paths of least resistance a lot more after vaping Rhodiola.

Overall sudden sense of well being is experienced. It took me by surprise. I'm sitting around thinking "hmmm... something is different... what's wrong? Oh wait, that's what's different! Nothing is wrong. Everything is OK. Woohoo!". I normally tend to have a sense of foreboding as I am usually all over the place doing things for people and consequently even at night the habit of expecting the next thing to do lingers. Not so with some vaped Rhodiola!

I cannot comment beyond this at present. Just went outside and messed around a little with breathing meditation and I can confirm there is a definite change in the air. Rhodiola is very intriguing.

benzyme
#3 Posted : 2/17/2013 5:25:50 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

very interesting.

I once had a plant, overwatered it. Sad

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

embracethevoid
#4 Posted : 2/21/2013 2:02:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just going to add the relevant part of my post from the Harmalas forum:

Quote:
In the meantime I have been vaporising Rhodiola Rosea through my e-cig. It vapes like a dream and as far as I am concerned, smoked tobacco has nothing on the combination of Rhodiola tincture as MAOI + nicotine.

This is coming from someone who normally literally chain smokes tobacco. I had an e-cig before but I gave it away as I thought it sucked. Pure nicotine juice, it had. I could blaze through tank after tank with nothing but a nice nicotine rush, always with the sensation of something just missing.

But now I am totally converted. What's more, Rhodiola seems to take out the whole addictive aspect of smoking. So now I can just vape nicotine + rhodiola so casually, without fiending for a smoke. I can put it down for half a day and assuredly leave it for days if needs be. And this is coming from someone whose first reaction to smoking a tobacco cigarette is to roll another one to wash it down, and then another one to wash that one down ad nauseum (LITERALLY nauseum)!

All in all: DO IT! Rhodiola is surprisingly vapeable and absolutely amazing to puff. Thick plumes of smoke, tastes fragrant. And kills off tobacco addiction. What more to ask? I never got around to trying WTA liquid (Whole Tobacco Alkaloid, full spectrum tobacco extract) but it seems I don't really even need to bother.

Vodsel
#5 Posted : 2/21/2013 2:24:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Thank you for the heads up, embracethevoid. It does look very interesting. I have some root dry PE 20:1 rhodiola extract, I will try and report back. I would love to find a good nicotine addiction killer.