We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The DMT Book: Call For Papers Options

SnozzleBerry
#1 Posted : 2/15/2013 2:49:08 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Hey everyone Smile

I just wanted to inform you that a group of people who are working at putting together a comprehensive anthology on DMT have put out a call for papers today. If you are interested in making a submission, please read below and follow the instructions.

The DMT Book: Call For Papers

https://www.facebook.com/DMTbook

The DMT Book will be a comprehensive anthology of writings on DMT, the psychedelic compound dimethyltryptamine. We are currently soliciting experienced writers and researchers to contribute chapters. Topics will include:

* Frequently Asked Questions
* The Subjective Effects of DMT
* Physiological Effects: Tolerance, Duration, Blood Pressure
* Early History
* Recent History
* Terence McKenna & DMT
* Pharmacology: DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, Bufotenin, Serotonin
* DMT in the Biosphere
* DMT Extraction & Clandestine Lab Culture
* Endogeneous DMT
* Speculations: DMT and the Pineal Gland
* International DMT Laws
* DMT & MAOIs
* Methods of Ingestion
---Oral Ingestion
---Insufflation
---Smoking Techniques: GVG, "The Machine," "Chasing the Dragon"
---Changa
---Ayahuasca
* Hyperspace, Discarnate Entities, Dark Energy & Parallel Dimensions
* Realer than Real?: Ontological Speculations
* Associated Psychic Phenomena & Shared Visions
* DMT and Near Death Experiences
* Medical Risks
* The DMT-Nexus
* The Commons: Co-created Maps of the Tryptamine Dimensions
* Terminology & Neologisms
* Influence on Art and Music
* Depictions of DMT in Popular Culture & the Mainstream Media
* The DMTRMX Project

We ask that interested authors please provide us with a C.V., a one-paragraph biography, a one-paragraph chapter proposal, and a writing sample. In particular, we are seeking writers with strong research backgrounds and the ability to cover a topic outside of their area of expertise. We also encourage suggestions for this topic list.

Priority deadline: APRIL 21, 2013
Final deadline: MAY 15, 2013

Please direct any correspondence to thedmtbook /at/ gmail.com.

Thank you, on behalf of the editorial team:

Neşe Devenot, MA, PhD Candidate
David Nickles
Michele Lantieri, MS, PsyD Candidate
Rebecca Lee
Danielle Bohmer
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 2/15/2013 3:00:00 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

It should also be explicitly noted that if you wish to write on a topic not included in the above list, feel free to submit a proposal for that topic. The topics are not restricted to the list, it is merely a starting point.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Infundibulum
#3 Posted : 2/15/2013 3:03:42 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

That is very interesting, I'd be glad to contribute if possible. I can definitely tackle the topics below:

* Endogeneous DMT

Snozz, do you have a better idea on how this will be organised? Is there going to be a chapter in each of these subjects? I am asking because many of the ones mentioned in your list can be merged in one chapter. I also have no facebook so,
Quote:
C.V., a one-paragraph biography, a one-paragraph chapter proposal, and a writing sample.
emailed @ thedmtbook /at/ gmail.com is all they need to be a candidate?

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

null24
#4 Posted : 2/15/2013 4:43:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

What about illustrations? Will this be taken care of by the publishing house or the editors? I would love to lend my assistance in any way. I will also send you the info requested. Not a credentialed researcher, but am a published author and illustrator. Thanks.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

a1pha
#5 Posted : 2/15/2013 5:34:08 PM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Snozz-

This is really fantastic! Thank you, as always, and to the rest of the team.

I'm not much of a writer, but I spent many years tuning my LaTeX skills. Any plans to format the document with TeX? If so, I'd love to help. If not, I hope that MSDN subscription comes in handy for you and the rest of the team.

Again, thank you for all your hard work. You guys rock!!

a1pha
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

SnozzleBerry
#6 Posted : 2/15/2013 8:36:31 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Infundibulum wrote:
I also have no facebook so,
Quote:
C.V., a one-paragraph biography, a one-paragraph chapter proposal, and a writing sample.
emailed @ thedmtbook /at/ gmail.com is all they need to be a candidate?

Yes, sending the requested documents to the email is all that is needed.

Infundibulum wrote:
That is very interesting, I'd be glad to contribute if possible. I can definitely tackle the topics below:

* Endogeneous DMT

Snozz, do you have a better idea on how this will be organised? Is there going to be a chapter in each of these subjects? I am asking because many of the ones mentioned in your list can be merged in one chapter.

At the moment, this list is serving as an initial topic list for the chapters of the book. It was presumed that once the call went out people would send submissions that included proposals for novel chapters and that the list of topics would expand "organically" as people submitted new topics to write on (assuming they are approved).

I'm not precisely aware of how the topics you have highlighted were enumerated and listed as separate chapters. However, if you would be willing to submit a brief rationale for merging those chapters, as well as what your guesstimate of the potential lengths of those chapters as individual units vs. a merged chapter, the organization of those components can definitely be reexamined.

null24 wrote:
What about illustrations? Will this be taken care of by the publishing house or the editors? I would love to lend my assistance in any way. I will also send you the info requested. Not a credentialed researcher, but am a published author and illustrator. Thanks.

There will be a need for art, both within the anthology and potentially for related materials. When there is more information regarding art submissions or related topics, I will post it in this thread.

a1pha wrote:
I'm not much of a writer, but I spent many years tuning my LaTeX skills. Any plans to format the document with TeX? If so, I'd love to help. If not, I hope that MSDN subscription comes in handy for you and the rest of the team.

I'm not sure of this at the present moment. I will find out and get back to you. Either way, given your knowledge and proximity to various projects/people, I think there will be some areas you could potentially help out with in a major way. More on that as things move forward. And thanks, for both the kind words and resources.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Jin
#7 Posted : 2/16/2013 3:32:56 PM

yes

facebook ???

is this right ???

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

SnozzleBerry
#8 Posted : 2/16/2013 3:42:02 PM

omnia sunt communia!

What would you suggest in its place for maximizing the visibility/publicity of this project?
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

Pandora
#9 Posted : 2/16/2013 5:17:59 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

Wow, great project. This along with the 'zine will begin a wonderful documentation process.

I consider myself a good writer but like other things I consider bad for my health, I avoid Facebook like the plague.

Also, I doubt I am versed enough and/or have enough references to write adequately on those topics.

Thus, if at all interested, I would like to offer my services as editor. Please do not hesitate to use me. I have the time to do it and good editing always takes a lot of time.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Sue D Nim
#10 Posted : 2/17/2013 7:51:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Pandora wrote:
Wow, great project. This along with the 'zine will begin a wonderful documentation process.

I consider myself a good writer but like other things I consider bad for my health, I avoid Facebook like the plague.

Also, I doubt I am versed enough and/or have enough references to write adequately on those topics.

Thus, if at all interested, I would like to offer my services as editor. Please do not hesitate to use me. I have the time to do it and good editing always takes a lot of time.

Hello,

I am working on the DMT book project. We are considering adding an additional editor to our team at this time. Skype meetings are also possible . Could you please send your CV or resume to thedmtbook/at/gmail.com ?

Best Regards,

Sue

VIII
#11 Posted : 2/18/2013 6:48:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is amazing! Thank you for putting this together. Not many specific skills on my end but I would be happy to assist where possible if necessary. I'll chew over the list and see if anything new pops out.

Sue D Nim wrote:
Hello,

I am working on the DMT book project. We are considering adding an additional editor to our team at this time. We would prefer someone who could meet regularly in the Philadelphia area but Skype meetings are also possible . Could you please send your CV or resume to thedmtbook/at/gmail.com ?

Best Regards,

Sue

You may be aware of, and your request may be in line with, the Nexus Attitude:
Quote:
No using the Nexus as a personal meet-up point
Due to potential legal risks, we do not want people giving their emails or personal contacts (or displaying full face pictures) openly. We don't want people telling other members they don't already know to meet up privately, this can be a problem for both the people meeting as well as bringing attention for the whole community. The only exception we make is that we allow establishing general meeting points for festivals and conferences because you don't have to say who you are in the Nexus when going there, and you can go to the meeting point if you want while remaining anonymous. If you do meet up, do not bring drugs and be sure to maintain your personal safety.

However, as a reminder to members, if you are going to be emailing for this purpose then do not discuss your username (etc) in the email application.

Apologies if this is already clear, but a first-poster (full-member or not) requesting emails is naturally alarming in these woods.
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

SnozzleBerry
#12 Posted : 2/18/2013 6:54:40 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Sue is legit. Wink

But yes, people should make efforts to avoid linking their real world ID to their Nexus account. Thanks for reiterating that VIII Thumbs up
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

VIII
#13 Posted : 2/18/2013 7:00:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for clarifying Snozzle Smile

Sue, thanks for being a part of the team. Nice to meet you Smile
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

Sue D Nim
#14 Posted : 2/18/2013 9:14:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi All,
Sorry for that! It won't happen again Smile I did edit my original post, shall I change it in any other way I am not aware of?
Peace,
Sue

SnozzleBerry
#15 Posted : 2/18/2013 9:49:46 PM

omnia sunt communia!

You're all good, no worries Wink
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

۩
#16 Posted : 2/18/2013 10:19:01 PM

Discarnate entities and dark energy just sounds silly.

InMotion
#17 Posted : 2/20/2013 9:22:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

Gotta agree with house on that. Sounds like a huge invitation of people misconstruing quantum mechanics to suit their own beliefs. There's just no evidence, and thus it is psuedoscience.

Also there are other means of administration for which there is plenty of information for that hopefully don't get neglected.

Enoon
#18 Posted : 2/20/2013 9:57:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

Perhaps it could be changed to "experiences of entities and sentient energies". That way it's labeled as an experience and not as something that exists physically.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

SnozzleBerry
#19 Posted : 2/20/2013 10:52:39 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Please feel free to submit any chapter suggestions/writing proposals to thedmtbook /at/ gmail.com Smile

The chapter list is by no means final, it is merely a starting point/working list of potential topics. Suggestions are welcome and greatly encouraged. Imo, it would be outstanding to see the sort of novel, in-depth thought that comprises much of the Nexus submitted to this project for consideration.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
גם זה יעבור

some one
#20 Posted : 2/22/2013 10:03:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great project. But one big word of caution.. I think it's important to know what your goal is of writing this book. Could you tell us, what do you guys wish to achieve with it?

If the goal is simply to give out as much information as possible, I believe there is a flip side. Putting everything out in the open makes it very accessible to the masses. There is a danger to that. Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be selfish and keeping dmt secret to a select few or such. I am a firm believer in the priciple of sharing and open source. It's just that I see some dangers arising here. The danger is that dmt becomes very popular (which it's already becoming) much too fast. Traditionaly, knowledge is passed through from one to the other. Eg. Someone teaches me how to make and use dmt with respect and causion, I will use it, I will invite friends, I will share my knowledge and teach them accordingly, they will use it, they will share it with other, etc. If you have a document in which everything is written, then everyone can make it and use it without having had any guidance. This can create problems.

First of all, mass use could be disrespectful to the plant. Check youtube: people on salvia. A big hype at one point. Teens having fun filming themselfs on salvia. No guidance, no rituals, no passed on tone of respect. People will misuse it, rape it. Thats what we humans do in masses, its in our nature. I'm part of that on other fronts. Energy wise, raw resources etc. We all are. Like it or not.

Second of all it could be dangerous for the people (using it irresponsibly, while driving, outside on busy streets, etc).

Last but by far definitely not least, irresponsible use (which is bound to happen without passed on guidance) will give the authorities more reason to justify banning it. The use of LSD in the early 60's started out by a select few in closed circles of highly educated individuals, such as psychiatrists. I'm not going into details as it's probably considered conspiracy theory, but some believe it was the CIA who stimulated the wide spread of LSD to the masses before they completely banned it. Whether that's true or not doesn't really matter. The fact is that ones LSD was mainstream, many people didn't know how to use it, and some did irresponsible things. This gave the authorities reason to ban it. And ones they did, all psychedelics got a bad reputation. The fact also is that if it wouldn't have gotten out in the open in the speed that it did, LSD would probably be an accepted medicine to treat patients with mental illnesses by now. Instead of this, if I tell my colleges at work I take LSD, they probably think I'm nuts, and they would probably stop trusting me with responsibilities thinking my brain is fried. Thats what they associate with it. That's the propaganda out there.

Rick Strassman and his team knew this very well. He clearly explains it in an interview in The Spirit Molecule. It's them who tried to revive the acceptance of psychedelics in the scientific community.

Now about you book. I think the crucial factor is the tone in which it's written. Its not the context but the subtext that matters most. Mitch Schultz understood this. If you watch his documentary you will get a big appreciation and a lot of respect for the compound.

In order for your book to have the same effect, you need to know which goals you want to achieve with this book. What is the intension of writing it? This intention will shine through. Ones you know what the intension is, you can edit accordingly. The risk exists that if your goal is solely to compile and give out as much info a possible, or money/status, or for the joy of doing a project you find interesting, you will aid the following process: dmt will reach the masses, plants will be raped, people will get hurt, authorities will have extra reason to ban it, psychedelics will have a worse reputation; people will stay unaware, easily manipulated with narrow "truths", controllable, spiritual development will be blocked. Or more down to earth: steal a potential cancer patience medicine learning to accept their fate.

These are very negative highly exaggerated thoughts, sorry about that. I'm just being extra bold here to make a point, that's all. My point is, be aware of the responsibility you guys have by bringing out this book. Make sure it includes all the proper guidance and teaches the reader to to treat the compound and themselves with respect! This shouldn't be just written as a warning in the preface. It should be the subtext of the book as a whole. Shining through in every chapter. Just like The Spirit Molecule doc does. Having said that, I wish you all the very best with this project and greatly respect the communal effort you're collecting for creating it.

I would even like to contribute with the following information I compiled:
Complete overview of methods and dosages to administer DMT
Feel free to use /edit /improve etc. But note that it's not finished yet, I didn't have time, but plan to do it in the near future. And yes, one the thing I will improve is the subtext Pleased

some = one | here = some | there = one

12NEXT