We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT and cats Options

slug
#1 Posted : 2/14/2013 3:30:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Out of all seriousness, cats can really be hilarious on DMT. For me at least.

Yesterday when I was going to smoke DMT with my GVG, my cat suddenly comes along and I decided to let it sleep on my legs while I light up the pipe. I usually lie down in the bed so it shouldn't be a problem having it there.

So I begin to smoke and this time it came lots of vapor. As soon as I inhale my 2nd hit I starts to fade away. So I quickly lay away the GVG and close my eyes.

The next thing I remember is that I'm in hyperspace not really knowing that I've smoked dmt.
I felt like I was in a middle of an operation/surgeon they were performing on me, but there was some kind of disturbance. Something is messing up the communication between me and the DMT entities.
Also I was hyperventilating without knowing why. It was kind of chaotic.
At this time I started to become aware that I had smoked DMT.

So seconds later I slowly begin to open my eyes and then I see it. The cat is right by my face!
But the cat was now dark brown instead of it's natural light grey, but it still looked real as ever.

It was just like if the cat had unexpectedly interfered with the operation that the entities were doing (something important)on me and it went really wrong and that's why it now accidentally has wrong colors. There is no logic to that, but that's exactly how it all felt.

So I started to laugh hysterically. I just couldn't stop. So I'm losing the connection with hyperspace more and more. But it's extremely funny and my laugh sounds like a crazy old man.
I begin to worry about my neighbors hearing this very odd crazy laughing so I really try to stop it, but still I laugh my ass off for a couple of minutes. What a moment.

When I was done laughing and crying, the trip was over. Why does the cat have to mess everything up? It turned out that it just wanted food. Of course.

Anyway, I smoked some more today with eyes open with the cat in front of me and it transforms to dark brown just like before. It's really fascinating to look atLove

What's your experiences with DMT and cats?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

steppa
#2 Posted : 2/14/2013 3:45:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

slug wrote:
What's your experiences with DMT and cats?

After my last trip as I went out of the bed room and as our cat saw me she got instantly bushy like a feather duster and walked away. Was a bit strange. Big grin
Everything is always okay in the end, if it's not, then it's not the end.

slug
#3 Posted : 2/14/2013 4:02:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for adding the feather duster metaphor, I totally agree there!

I just discovered that there already is a pretty new thread about DMT and pets(https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=40645) so there was no need of creating a new thread just for cats.
Sorry for that, should have searched before.

hixidom
#4 Posted : 2/14/2013 5:08:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
It was just like if the cat had unexpectedly interfered with the operation that the entities were doing (something important)on me and it went really wrong and that's why it now accidentally has wrong colors.

I can imagine believing something like that while tripping it an it makes me lol too.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Pup Tentacle
#5 Posted : 2/14/2013 5:56:18 PM

lettuce

My cat seems to avoid me when smoking changa/dmt, likes to hang out with me when I'm on shrooms, and actually stands guard over me during cactus experiences.

Of course I'm making all these correlations from an altered headspace, so who knows - maybe he's just in it for the food. Wink
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

tango
#6 Posted : 2/15/2013 2:02:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

slug wrote:

I just discovered that there already is a pretty new thread about DMT and pets there was no need of creating a new thread just for cats.

I think cats deserve a dedicated thread. Rolling eyes

~~``anonymous``~~
#7 Posted : 2/21/2013 2:46:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

every time i smoke dmt my cat meows at me like what the fuck are doing lol i find it kind of weird Very happy

EthanS
#8 Posted : 2/22/2013 7:23:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Egyptians were really into cats. Maybe they knew something we don't.
In a joking manner, I like to think about cats as these highly evolved beings that can't be bothered to interact with us, and are having fun just observing us struggle with everything whilst they just sit there and purr sarcastically.

MomentOfTruth
#9 Posted : 2/22/2013 1:36:13 PM

Astro-Travellin

My cat is named Molly Zanzabar. He is a boy. The vet notified us that he wasn't very well endowed for a man cat, but he did indeed have the manatomy. The GF had dubbed him "Molly" prior to this knowledge and it kind of stuck so I just added "Zanzabar" to bring out some of his masculinity.

This cat is such a good pal. He is the most vocal, demanding, goofball of a cat that i've ever met. I swear i have full blown conversations with him at times. Usually the conversations consist more of him demanding something from me rather than a polite exchange of thoughts and ideas, but he is very talkative nonetheless.

I never pictured myself being a cat owner but my ex gf saved this little guy from under a coworkers porch about 4-5 years ago and then booted me shortly after. She didn't want to keep the cat but I had built too much of a bond with him and I could genuinely sense that he enjoyed my company. So here I am... 29 years old and talking to a cat on a daily basis. lol. Can't imagine it any other way!

Thanks for the cat thread! : ) I'm sure Molly Zanzabar would appreciate his newfound internet fame!
Coinci-Transcendentalism

ducdevil
#10 Posted : 12/10/2015 6:01:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

hello everyone!

i hope some are still following this thread; i had a question and did not want to start a whole new discussion (see, i use the search function!!!)

i wonder how much spice is left during exhale when one has held it in for say, 15-20 seconds? i know it might sound over-worried, but i am curious about 2nd hand vapor and it's effects on pets? one would hate to launch a pet unknowingly into the abyss!

from what i've read, a lot of you visit hyperspace around pets. i have as well. have not with spice yet.

much can be learned from them. safety, of course, is my primary concern for the little ones...

thanks so much!

higherflyer
#11 Posted : 12/10/2015 9:37:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think that one could definitely launch a pet deep into hyperspace by accident. On one occasion I was launching and saw a fly, when I could no longer hold the hit I blew the hit at the fly, it flew directly into the cloud and dropped to the ground immediately. So when I came back I continued to watch the fly, still on the ground, it came back around five minutes after I. I have always wondered what sorta experience it underwent....

FranklinsTower
#12 Posted : 12/15/2015 9:38:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I love that MomentofTruth and understand completely.
What a good buddy you got there.

And EthanS....
Quote:
cats are these highly evolved beings that can't be bothered to interact with us, and are having fun just observing us struggle with everything whilst they just sit there and purr sarcastically.

I fixed this for you Very happy

DoingKermit
#13 Posted : 12/15/2015 10:35:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My GF talks about the possibility of cats having the ability to see other dimensions. I wouldn't put it passed them... very special little animals. I was never really a cat person until she saved a little stray cat in her neighbourhood. Like MomentOfTruth, this cat (named Bumble) is the most talkative little fluffy being I've ever met. Never swipes or hisses at people, but tends to bring mice and birds back to the house quite a lot. She eats them whole right in front of us! Cats are proper little predators!

Now with DMT and Bumble, I have only smoked around her once, where my GF has on her own a few times. I don't know if it was my altered state coming down off the DMT or what, but it definitely seemed like she could pick up on our energy. She started acting really odd and her behaviour was a lot more curious around us. Also, I find cats look beautifully majestic when on any psychedelic (more than usual that is).

DoingKermit
#14 Posted : 12/15/2015 10:39:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bumble -

DoingKermit attached the following image(s):
Bumble 2.png (333kb) downloaded 227 time(s).

woogyboogy
#15 Posted : 12/15/2015 11:18:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cats and psychdelics...
I had quite a few special moments with my cat while on shrooms.
When I was coming up she usually left me alone, but when I kind of settled in the mushroom space and worked through the first 2 hours or so, she loved to hang out with me. She seemed so curious and playful, also looked so otherworldy, truly fitting to the mushroom vibe. Who needs a tripsitter when youve got a cat, right? Smile

Also one time when I was younger still living at my mothers place, I had a very unsettling MDMA experience and I got really scared that something bad happened to me, while I only could lay on the floor my heart beating way too fast, she went to my mums room(who wasnt home)and it seemed like she tried to call her. Man I love her so much, such a beautiful being..

It seems like she will soon pass away though, got seriously sick...Crying or very sad

sham
#16 Posted : 12/16/2015 12:42:30 PM

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. Jiddu Krishnamurti

My cat sat with me on my 1st trip. We prepared the space and discussed our intentions, she settled in to one of her spots next to me on the couch. My flight buddy made a comment about cats being travellers just before I launched. I took her image with me and was confronted by a super hi def fractal image of her face. The image became a fractal mosaic of tiny little beings that were creating and or hiding in formation like acrobats, the image shattered and the fractal beings where all over the place pretty funny stuff, they began to communicate with me encouraging me to take another hit.

My half baked thought bubble is that purring is cat meditaion, I just googled it and theres heaps of stuff on the google about cats and there healing powers. I find it really soothing if my cat is purring while sitting on or next to me.
[color=red]Our world is in crisis because of the absence of consciousness. To whatever degree any one of us can bring back a small piece of the picture and contribute it to the building of the new paradigm, then we participate in the redemption of the human spirit.
[/color]
TMK

universecannon
#17 Posted : 12/16/2015 3:12:54 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

My cat used to go nuts whenever I would smoke DMT. She would come from anywhere in the house and pull herself around my floor with her claws while laying in her side, and generally act cracked out.

Then I realized it was actually the Palo Santo I would light beforehand that was causing that reaction. She goes crazy for it for some reason!

But yeah, cats are awesome while tripping!

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

anon_003
#18 Posted : 12/16/2015 8:29:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My good friend's cat, Yuki, was around me when smoking DMT on several occasions. Now Yuki was a cat that played very hard to get. He was about as independent as a 2 year old cat could be. He was found wild at the age of about 2 months and was a wild one. He would not even make eye contact with you unless you were his owner (my friend), or he wanted to ferociously attack your hand (and I mean ferociously).

On all 3 instances when Yuki was in the family room where I was smoalking, I came to with Yuki maybe a foot away from me on the couch, looking at me with an EXTREMELY strange look on his face. It was more of a benevolent expression than an angry one... he just seemed to be really interested in whatever I was doing. Maybe the smell intrigued him... but man, the way he was looking at me was just too strange.
Once in a while, you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Horizon_Bloom
#19 Posted : 12/17/2015 9:47:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My cats eyes are never not dilated. I've noticed this in a lot, but not all, cats. Those HUGE black pupils!

I'm convinced there are likely a lot of cats that are in something like a psychedelic state constantly.
My eyes shut tight to avoid the sight
Anticipating the end, losing the will to fight
Droplets of "yes" and "no"
In an ocean of "maybe"

ultraviolence
#20 Posted : 1/16/2016 2:18:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

In my experience, my cats usually come lay with me right after I smoke my dose and it seems like they almost wait with me to make sure everything goes smoothly. I also had one experience in which I was taken to a place I refer to as the playroom and there were cats everywhere, hundreds of cosmic cats, it was pretty awesome.

12NEXT