We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
DMT back on Fox News Options

cyb
#21 Posted : 2/11/2013 12:35:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

I think this deserves one more...
cyb attached the following image(s):
Face Palm Univeral sml.jpg (26kb) downloaded 442 time(s).
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ChemisTryptaMan
#22 Posted : 2/11/2013 12:52:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How is anyone with any ability to think supposed to believe anything out of the media these days. I fel sick to my stomach while watching this, while at the same time forced to laugh my ass off about just how ridiculous it actually is. I'm sure they were just trying to save the children of this country from ever having to deal with the horrors of DMT addiction, I know I won;t ever be able to quitConfused

anrchy
#23 Posted : 2/11/2013 1:32:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Beings that our community is about proper information, and we also try to lower the misinformation on YouTube, isn't there something we as a community can do to revert this? What can we do? Mass email Fox News? Can't we do something to start reversing this misinformation?

What if people start to strip random bark and try extracting DMT? People "could" get hurt.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

ChemisTryptaMan
#24 Posted : 2/11/2013 1:47:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
What if people start to strip random bark and try extracting DMT? People "could" get hurt.

Perhaps they will find a new source, but if all they have to do is add lye and ammonia then I doubt they will end up with anything usable, if they had only accurately described the process we could find out whether the common trees around the world contain psychoactive alks.

Macre
#25 Posted : 2/11/2013 3:15:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

*Sigh* I despair sometimes, I really do. I feel sorry for the person or people responsible for this article.

With such an ignorant and closed attitude, their world must suck. I am so happy I do not share the same outlook as these folks, I'd much rather be on the path I am on.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

Guyomech
#26 Posted : 2/11/2013 7:46:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Well put, Macre.

Anyway, while we're at it:
Guyomech attached the following image(s):
tactical-facepalm.jpg (35kb) downloaded 356 time(s).

nen888
#27 Posted : 2/12/2013 4:57:39 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

DeDao wrote:
"that's comparable to cocaine!"

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL... I LIVE IN A SOCIETY WITH A BUNCH OF FUCKING IDIOTS

FFS

..in accordance with the policy of the Nexus, i say:

Don't buy DMT, don't sell DMT.

..doing either destroys the positive field of knowledge and sharing that a community like this encourages..

ps. i think the un-educated will get fairly bored trying to get DMT from 'any tree'..after much failure..
of course, the danger is that, with information as bad as the Fox News report, they'll pick a poisonous plant..

pps. i once vaporised a very small amount of lye in the name of science..it was not particularly harmful..standing behind a car exhaust pipe is worse (and will kill in an enclosed space)

Pandora
#28 Posted : 2/16/2013 5:55:47 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

LOL, good ole' Fox News, fair and balanced.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

SKA
#29 Posted : 2/16/2013 2:14:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The people running Fox news & similair beacons of lies & ignorance
should simply... vanish from the face of the earth. Somehow.

Blaaargh!

Philosopher
#30 Posted : 2/16/2013 3:51:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If it can be made from mixing any bark with lye and ammonia. This doesn't even make sense to people who don't know what dmt is.

MOD wrote:
No talk of prices
We are surprisingly similar.

SKA
#31 Posted : 2/16/2013 5:11:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Philosopher wrote:
If it can be made from mixing any bark with lye and ammonia. This doesn't even make sense to people who don't know what dmt is.

I know I know. But guess what: They're not TRYING to make sense.
I'm pretty sure most folks at FOX news just report what they've been
told. But somewhere atop that company are some people who are very
willingly spreading lies & ignorance.

Surely, if they consider DMT to be a threat, they would do some proper research
into what it is and at least know what plant sources it can be found in. Surely
they know not just any bark contains dmt. I can't imagine them being THAT stupid.

DEA, CIA, FBI, FDA, Prison Systems & other organisations that have been/are
making quite a buck off of the war on drugs: Surely they have Chemists, Drug experts...and other educated people. Surely they know the facts of these drugs they deem so evil. Know your enemy, right? Surely they got access to the same information on drugs that we have.
They're not stupid at all. Rather, they are amazingly cunning & deceitfull.

It's really all about brainwashing the stupid masses to fear & loathe DMT. You could only do that with lies, because the Truth about DMT... is that it's just far too innocent & in fact is more likely do heal than to harm. They're just not on truth's side, but believe me they KNOW they're lying their ases off.

Pandora
#32 Posted : 2/16/2013 5:12:34 PM

Got Naloxone?

Please quit discussing prices folks.

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ng_or_smuggling_of_drugs
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Orion
#33 Posted : 2/16/2013 5:41:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Omg wow! you can use bark from ANY tree! Guys, our troubles are over!
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Pandora
#34 Posted : 2/16/2013 6:10:55 PM

Got Naloxone?

Those huge 40 foot palm trees in our courtyard are in serious danger, . . . Big grin

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

Kookaburra
#35 Posted : 2/16/2013 7:47:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

When this link was posted on a different website, a number of journalists spoke up to defend it. I personally find their insistence that this is a specimen of upstanding journalism to be reprehensible, but I'd like to know your thoughts:

Quote:
Journalist #1: you cant really blame the reporter here, he probably had not even heard of DMT until the cops told him. wghp is actually a really good shop. The web script says: "Dr. Sam Gray, a physician with Drug Free NC, says that the highly addictive drug will only grow in popularity." So it's more on this doctor than the news report. no where in the piece does the reporter say anything about "addictive". I would never have a reporter speculate on the moral aspects of an illegal drug, we are going to report people getting busted meth, crack, lsd, weed, and molly all the same, its not up to us in the news media to decide which illegal drugs are bad and wich ones are good. besides most adult know the difference between shrooms and crack. the guy never said its addictive. of course it can be dangerous, just like any drug. but don't expect that reporter to go out of his way to make an illegal drug look "not so bad" he would probably get in trouble.

I just watched it again. Ok here is my final word and I will get off this thread. I have done literally thousands of news stories over the years and I have no problem with this story except for the tree bark ammonia thing. The reporter does all the attributions correctly. (I'm only talking about the video, not the web script.)

Journalist #2: I find the ignorance here astounding. (Journalist #1) is actually throwing some real information at you people, and you insist in wallowing in your self-righteousness. Believe me, were any one of you with first-hand knowledge of the substance to come out and talk about it (and they would conceal your identity), they'd jump on the story. Or you can just sit here and whine about it.

I've actually been a journalist for nearly 20 years, and the job of a journalist is not necessarily to present facts, but information. Those are not always the same. I can tell you that in situations like these, people like you, who often have intimate knowledge of an opposing position, refuse to actually go on camera to be part of the discussion. Journalists, then, are left with getting as much information as they can to fill the time they are responsible for in a newscast. Feeding that beast may smack our righteous sensibilities about what news should be, but it's the real world, and we do what we can.

No journalist can know everthing, and it is unfair of you to indict Brandon for not knowing much about the substance. And to think one can inform oneself in the course of a news day is also unrealistic. So he was left referencing his expert interviews. That you would rather insult his journalistic integrity than endeavor to understand the real-world confines within which he works seems rather juvenile in it's idealism. You certainly seem smart enough to know better, but I've been let down before.

In the end, Brandon was left relaying the best information he had at the time. Every story I do would be better if I had another hour or another day to work on it. But I rarely do...such is journalism and it's deadlines. So I challenge you to now take part in the discussion, or if you're not in the Greensboro, NC area, to try to put him in touch with someone who can.

I worked with Brandon Jones for a while. I suspect if you knew him, you'd be less critical...and maybe you'd help him with a subject you actually know something about.

I find it ironic that you blast this news story for it's inaccuracies and ignorance, but, in this thread, refuse to learn from two news professionals why things came out the way they did. Instead, you all seem quite comfortable with believing only what's convenient to your world view. What I've read in this thread is much the same nonsense I hear from other ill-informed people who would rather complain than try to help fix the problem.
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

Psychelectric
#36 Posted : 2/16/2013 8:32:31 PM

Curiouser and curiouser

This strikes me as a very simple scare story about drugs that the news has done for a long time. It's not a Fox News thing, it's just a news thing.

DMT is an obscure drug, it's not immune to misinformation. Salvia got the same treatment. So did extasy. LSD got treated like this in the 60s. Marijuana has gotten the same too.
"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here’s Tom with the weather."

SnozzleBerry
#37 Posted : 2/16/2013 8:34:48 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

I think you're right on point in finding it reprehensible...

Journalist #1:
Quote:
you cant really blame the reporter here, he probably had not even heard of DMT until the cops told him.

Attempt to excuse ignorance in a profession that's supposedly rooted in research/fact-checking sources.

Quote:
wghp is actually a really good shop.

Irrelevant banality...the goodness of wghp isn't the issue at hand.

Quote:
The web script says: "Dr. Sam Gray, a physician with Drug Free NC, says that the highly addictive drug will only grow in popularity." So it's more on this doctor than the news report. no where in the piece does the reporter say anything about "addictive".

DMT (or any other drug's) addictive properties are easily researched. Another attempt to excuse ignorance...the doctor's claims should have been fact-checked and/or minimal research should have been done re: DMT.

Quote:
I would never have a reporter speculate on the moral aspects of an illegal drug, we are going to report people getting busted meth, crack, lsd, weed, and molly all the same, its not up to us in the news media to decide which illegal drugs are bad and wich ones are good. besides most adult know the difference between shrooms and crack.

On point about morality, but "bad/good" don't mean anything...they should be reporting the potential hazards of a given drug accurately, however.

Quote:
the guy never said its addictive.

Already addressed.

Quote:
of course it can be dangerous, just like any drug. but don't expect that reporter to go out of his way to make an illegal drug look "not so bad" he would probably get in trouble.

Everything has the potential to be dangerous...water can be dangerous. First sentence is more irrelevant banality, probably resulting from drug war propaganda. Second sentence is an excuse for ignorance clearly resulting from the conditions created by the drug war. It's not a question of making something look "good" or "bad"...it's a question of reporting the facts.

Journalist #2:
Quote:
I find the ignorance here astounding. (Journalist #1) is actually throwing some real information at you people, and you insist in wallowing in your self-righteousness.

Ad hominem followed by appeal to authority

Quote:
Believe me, were any one of you with first-hand knowledge of the substance to come out and talk about it (and they would conceal your identity), they'd jump on the story. Or you can just sit here and whine about it.

Falsehood, ime, followed by ad hominem.

Quote:
I've actually been a journalist for nearly 20 years, and the job of a journalist is not necessarily to present facts, but information. Those are not always the same.

Laughing this person actually said this Laughing

Quote:
I can tell you that in situations like these, people like you, who often have intimate knowledge of an opposing position, refuse to actually go on camera to be part of the discussion. Journalists, then, are left with getting as much information as they can to fill the time they are responsible for in a newscast. Feeding that beast may smack our righteous sensibilities about what news should be, but it's the real world, and we do what we can.

Bull. They don't need "us" to tell them what a simple google/wiki search can tell them. More excuses for ignorance. The onus is on the reporters to engage in solid reporting...they chose their profession.

Quote:
No journalist can know everthing, and it is unfair of you to indict Brandon for not knowing much about the substance. And to think one can inform oneself in the course of a news day is also unrealistic.

We're talking 10-15 minutes of research, tops, to grasp the essentials of the substance that is the entirety of the article being written. That's too much to ask for? Expecting journalists to "inform themselves" prior to running a story is "unrealistic"?

Quote:
So he was left referencing his expert interviews.

Who he neglected to fact-check? Really?? I thought this was the job of a journalist...

Quote:
That you would rather insult his journalistic integrity than endeavor to understand the real-world confines within which he works seems rather juvenile in it's idealism. You certainly seem smart enough to know better, but I've been let down before.

Excuse for ignorance followed by ad hominem.

Quote:
In the end, Brandon was left relaying the best information he had at the time.

But, he could have easily gotten better information...while exerting practically no effort.

Quote:
Every story I do would be better if I had another hour or another day to work on it. But I rarely do...such is journalism and it's deadlines.

No need for "another hour"...certainly not "another day." How much time was spent finding that "expert?" How much time was spent doing whatever preliminary research was done?

Quote:
So I challenge you to now take part in the discussion, or if you're not in the Greensboro, NC area, to try to put him in touch with someone who can.

Again, while a person could easily talk and set the facts straight...wouldn't the interviewee's statements need to be fact-checked? Why not just do the research first?

Quote:
I worked with Brandon Jones for a while. I suspect if you knew him, you'd be less critical...and maybe you'd help him with a subject you actually know something about.

His personality has nothing to do with the piece of yellow journalism he published. He just needed/needs to do the basic research.

Quote:
I find it ironic that you blast this news story for it's inaccuracies and ignorance, but, in this thread, refuse to learn from two news professionals why things came out the way they did.

Excuse for ignorance followed by appeal to authority. Also *its, Mr. journalist.

Quote:
Instead, you all seem quite comfortable with believing only what's convenient to your world view. What I've read in this thread is much the same nonsense I hear from other ill-informed people who would rather complain than try to help fix the problem.

Ad hominem
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Kookaburra
#38 Posted : 2/16/2013 8:46:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Snozz, you are a saint for having the patience to deconstruct that mind-numbing defense! Thank you!

I felt somewhat insane reading their comments, as if I'd entered the Twilight Zone... Glad to know that I'm not alone!
"The real secret of magic is that the world is made of words, and that if you know the words that the world is made of, you can make of it whatever you wish." - Terence McKenna

nen888
#39 Posted : 2/18/2013 12:11:53 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..it has been suggested to me by a politician that the problem with drug law reform is not politicians, but the media..

hixidom
#40 Posted : 2/23/2013 12:19:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe, but if politicians believe everything the media tells them, then politicians are also part of the problem.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

PREV123NEXT