We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Your favorite cubensis strain Options

Mr.Peabody
#1 Posted : 2/6/2013 4:47:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to get some info about people's favorite psilocybe cubensis strains. Why it's your favorite can include anything from growing, to beauty to what the trip was like. Especially about what the trip is like!!

And of course, mushroom pron is always welcome!Very happy

My favorite so far is a strain from Bay Island, Honduras. They were so gorgeous, and they actually smelled flowery. I only tripped with them once because they were apparently not dry and I had a catastrophic fridge failure...Crying or very sad

Now I can't find the spores!

Oh well,

Here's a pic of them growing from a BRF cake.
Mr.Peabody attached the following image(s):
CIMG0026.jpg (951kb) downloaded 375 time(s).
Be an adult only when necessary.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Pup Tentacle
#2 Posted : 2/6/2013 4:54:19 PM

lettuce

Looks good man!

Usually, whatever I have is my favorite, lol.

My favorite right now is PESA. Surprised
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

3rdI
#3 Posted : 2/6/2013 4:58:52 PM

veni, vidi, spici

they look amazing Mr. P, i really really need to get into the world of mushroom growing.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Spacehippie
#4 Posted : 2/6/2013 5:27:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My favorite is the Koh Samui strain. I don't have any pics at the moment. The trip reminds me of dmt alot especially the visuals.
Once in a while you get shone the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

realmsundiscovered
#5 Posted : 2/6/2013 5:56:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So far my favorite to grow is mazatapec. They had an amazing yeild and a great colonization rate. I like to take a lot of mushrooms and need a good quantity. But potency wise I love PES Hawaiians they are extremely visual. My last grow my yeild was small, only got like an ounce and a half dry.

On December 21st I took an eighth on the Hawaiians and had a very profound trip with some of the most psychedelic dreams I've ever had. I flew through space and saw a rip in the sun that was surrounded by vibrant colors. It was the best dream I've ever had to say the least.
Reality is nothing more than you make it. So use your mind and recreate it.

Doing better than the majority
Don't always bring you prosperity
You have to submit yoursel to conformity
To make it in this Society

dreamer042
#6 Posted : 2/6/2013 6:21:27 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Syzygy is my favorite. Really dense thick heavy fruits. Very potent, highly visual, and undeniably pleasant presentation. A great strain all the way around.

And let's not forget those Penis Envy's, though they are a very special case and can't really be compared to other mere cubes.

I feel like Golden Teachers deserve an honorable mention as well, they have always been a whole lot of fun and hold a special place in my heart.

Honestly I have yet to find a cubie that I don't like, you just can't go wrong. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

nwosidsalp
#7 Posted : 2/6/2013 7:40:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm loving Pink Buffalo right now, first flushes fairly consistently give 35-55g (wet) fatties, and colonization is all rhizo and nice
nwosidsalp attached the following image(s):
sh.jpg (198kb) downloaded 334 time(s).

Philosopher
#8 Posted : 2/7/2013 12:26:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Golden teacher for me!
We are surprisingly similar.

โ—‹
#9 Posted : 2/7/2013 1:22:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

dreamer042 wrote:

And let's not forget those Penis Envy's, though they are a very special case and can't really be compared to other mere cubes.

Im just curious as to why that is dreamer? Smile I've never had that strain yet, although after seeing this I am intrigued.

Koh samuis werer wonderful and extremely euphoric on the tailend of the experience. Lipa Yais were crazy strong. I had grew them several years back, took 2.1g and was completely blown outa my socks...extremely visual, complete ego death and merging with the collective (merged into the surrounding trees, fire, and the moon) Surprised

Parshvik Chintan
#10 Posted : 2/7/2013 1:40:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IMO growing conditions affect potency more than anything else..

also favorite mushroom strain is a hybrid of every strain i have ever grown.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

RoGu3
#11 Posted : 2/7/2013 2:34:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I grew Golden Teachers. Those were my favorite out of all. But I always wanted to grow an albino strain, B+, or penis envy lol
Don't be afraid, Don't be afraid, Let everything flow through you

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

Mr.Peabody
#12 Posted : 2/7/2013 4:17:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome! I love hearing people's experiences. My hope is that this thread can help people to decide what type of cube they'd like to try.

I think I'll have to get some penis envy. They definitely have quite the reputation!

Michal_R
#13 Posted : 2/7/2013 11:13:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spacehippie wrote:
My favorite is the Koh Samui strain...

My too :-)

(harvested yesterday, actually)
Michal_R attached the following image(s):
mush.JPG (571kb) downloaded 284 time(s).

MelCat
#14 Posted : 2/7/2013 4:41:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't grown many different strains yet but I have to say that I am really, really impressed with Wollongong. It has been very forgiving to my newbie mistakes and just continues to fruit and fruit even after I assumed it had nothing left to give. Lots of great energy from the trips as well. Highly recommended.
Convert a melodic element into a rhythmic element...

dreamer042
#15 Posted : 2/7/2013 7:29:05 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Tattvamasi wrote:
Im just curious as to why that is dreamer? Smile I've never had that strain yet, although after seeing this I am intrigued.

PE's are widely regarded to be much much moar potent than any other cube. They also have this crazy dark sordid history. And they look like penis's! What's not to love? Wink

Here is a great vice article tracing the history of PE:
A Nice, Thick, Uncut 12-inch Shroom
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Aegle
#16 Posted : 2/8/2013 7:39:00 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

I have two favorite cubensis strains: Shooting Stars are beautiful to grow and my journeys with these incredible mushrooms have had the perfect balance between being deep and introspective, though also very energetic and euphoric.

Psilocybe cubensis Argentina produces great pinsets as its a prolific fruiter and its quick to colonize. I had the most profound journey I have ever experienced with mushrooms with this strain, integrating this journey took some time... Though I gained an invaluable amount of insight and awareness on the nature of consciousness, which I will always be eternally grateful for.

Much Peace and Understanding
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Mr.Peabody
#17 Posted : 2/8/2013 4:00:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dreamer,

While I had heard about Penis Envy before, I had no idea about its history. That's so crazy! What an interesting background. It's like there was some cosmic force ensuring that strain became propagated. My next order of spores will definitely include some of those bad boys.