We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
THH Hcl + Harmine Freebase + Harmaline Freebase Sublingually? Options

mapp
#1 Posted : 3/20/2009 12:32:55 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello. I have little experience with psychedelic substances, but someone on another forum suggested THH (Tetrahydroharmine) as a good anti-depressant/anxiety alternative because of its RIMA and SSRI properties. I found that the price wasn't that bad to try, and started reading all about harmine and harmaline as well, which led me here. I figure I may as well try THH, but had a few questions.

Would harmine and harmaline be beneficial to add with THH? I searched that their freebase forms have been used sublingually (un-altered?) but would like some confirmation if this is safe/works. I know combining all 3 would mimic b. caapi, but I'm not familiar with what that experience entails on its own.

I'm curious because if adding harmine and/or harmaline freebase in proper dosages to THH alone (or by themselves) will not be worth the attempt (to be generally an effective antidepressant), I don't think I would have to buy a $50 scale Wink. I figure I can get away with eye-balling a match/half an eraser head's worth of THH and be okay..?

Even though I plan to use 1 or any combination of the 3 in a more light dosage range, after 69ron's glowing 1st experience with 21mg of THH citrate sublingually, (and subsequent psychedelic experiences with 200mg orally, and 100mg THH HCl sublingually), I was confused when I read:
69ron wrote:
In combination with DMT and other psychedelics, THH is a powerful alkaloid, but when taken alone, it's relatively weak and not something I would ever see getting popular as a stand alone drug.

Especially when THH HCl is in theory 1.6 more potent than the citrate form..

Any comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated =)

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

TheNtt
#2 Posted : 3/20/2009 1:04:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not as familiar with harmine and harmaline as I am THH, but it is quite common to mix them. I think it would be best if you experimented with the effects of each compound on their own first. I've read that harmine and harmaline create a kind of foggy brain feeling which may or may not be desirable to you. THH is very mild, but quite nice by itself. If you're only looking to relieve some anxiety you just need to see what feels best for you. It may or may not be a combination of the three stated compounds.

mapp
#3 Posted : 3/21/2009 4:02:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Alright, thanks.

So to re-cap, is it safe to take THH HCl, and harmine and harmaline in their freebase forms sublingually without altering them?
Do I need to mix lime or another substance with them?
How long should I use them sublingually before swallowing - 10-20 minutes?

Can I eyeball a minimal amount of these 3 substances, or is a scale be mandatory?

TheNtt
#4 Posted : 3/21/2009 4:11:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

mapp wrote:
Alright, thanks.

So to re-cap, is it safe to take THH HCl, and harmine and harmaline in their freebase forms sublingually without altering them?
Do I need to mix lime or another substance with them?
How long should I use them sublingually before swallowing - 10-20 minutes?

Can I eyeball a minimal amount of these 3 substances, or is a scale be mandatory?

Yes, you can mix them and do not need to mix with another substance.
I'd say 20 minutes, although i sometimes find it hard to last that long.

I don't think a scale is necessary as long as you're not trying to take large doses. If you want to start taking higher doses for more "psychedelic" effects it would be wise to use a scale. Also, if you plan on using either of these 3 compounds with another, such as DMT, it would be wise to way your dose.

I've eyeballed my THH nearly every time, it's not a big deal.

mapp
#5 Posted : 3/21/2009 4:39:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay, so would this visual scale reference suffice?
A paper/cardboard match head volume size is roughly 20mg
A wooden kitchen match [pictured] head size is roughly 30mg
A number 2 pencil eraser head size [fresh, red/pink part and unused] is roughly 60mg

I can't seem to find dosages for sublingual harmine & harmaline freebase. Any suggestions or references? I plan to start at an estimated low in the 10-20 mg range, as well as with the THH.

mapp
#6 Posted : 4/13/2009 6:10:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well I tried ~20mg of THH Hcl, harmine, and harmaline freebase separately sublingually for 20 minutes to no effect.
Before I try simply upping the dose (40mg?), are there any other effective routes of administration that require as little as sublingual?

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 4/13/2009 6:20:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you can try snorting them
it's a sound

mapp
#8 Posted : 4/14/2009 4:35:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ah, so can they be smoked in this form? Would the dosage be around the same for sublingual? (Not only is SWIM curious about their effects alone, but he plans to try to potentiate virola resin by snorting or smoking harmine/thh along with it).

SWIM just doesn't want to attempt to snort/smoke something if he's unaware if it's going to be safe or effective..

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 4/14/2009 5:10:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM has snorted all of them at low doses ~10mg..they are safe..dont worry about it..

SWIM wouldnt smoke them though
it's a sound

mapp
#10 Posted : 4/14/2009 6:22:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM snorted 42mg of THH HCl earlier today.. Bad idea..burning nose, burning throat, nausea...He felt no effects from the THH though Sad

Jorkest
#11 Posted : 4/14/2009 6:27:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ouch...SWIM wouldnt want to snort that much..

i think SWIM may be very sensitive to maois...he only needs like 150mg to have full mao inhibition..

because SWIM was able to get effects from snorting them..but he'd rather not..because of the burn
it's a sound