We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT
Anyone notice how 'popular' DMT is becoming? Options

voyaj
#41 Posted : 2/4/2013 11:27:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha,

Well, I do admire the Nexus of hardlining the topic. It would make us all seem more like lunatic fringe. KUDOS Thumbs up

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

universecannon
#42 Posted : 2/4/2013 11:32:03 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
i still blame joe rogan Neutral

Thumbs down

Why? It was bound to happen anyways.

I don't get why people feel the need to place blame on somebody who actually has the balls to speak out in public about their experiences, and with good intentions. Im not a huge fan of him, but i like and respect the guy. Besides, its not like he single-handedley brought it to everyone's attention. There were many, many factors

If your going to blame Rogan you mine as well blame McKenna as well

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

twofourtwo
#43 Posted : 2/4/2013 11:36:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will respectfully leave my conspiracy theories at the door - although I do have my ideas about the hidden motives behind this ban on conspiracy theories on the Nexus ... Twisted Evil

That said, I do hope Rupert Sheldrake's ideas aren't too far out there to discuss here? I am of course thinking of the well-known morphic resonance hypothesis. After the tipping point ('the hundredth ape'Pleased has been reached, an experience becomes embedded in the collective 'mind' of a species.

Psychelectric wrote:
It's the snowball effect. DMT is gaining more popularity because more people know about it and they talk about it and spread it to others. Like a fractal. Simple.

I love the fractal example, and how DMT/ the DMT experience is getting more and more iterations.

I saw a video lecture of Sheldrake the other day in which he gave the example, how for instance an extraction of a substance becomes easier once it has been accomplished for the first time.

Made me think Smile

(Maybe I remember it wrong and he actually said 'synthesis of a substance' but in that case I still like to think this idea applies to DMT extractions as well ... )

Psychelectric wrote:
It's the snowball effect. DMT is gaining more popularity because more people know about it and they talk about it and spread it to others. Like a fractal. Simple. Terrence McKenna seemed to get the ball rolling and others kept it going. Joe Rogan is quite outspoken about it and I'm sure he peaked a lot of curiosity in recent times. I heard about DMT through Erowid and then started the hunt to find it. The Internet really got it going, but the early Internet wasn't well suited for a discussion about obscure drugs, today's culture is. The ball is rolling and I see no sign of it stopping.

Also am I the only person around here that likes Adam vs DMT and Joe Rogan? (please don't ban me, it's just my opinion, lol)Razz

universecannon
#44 Posted : 2/5/2013 12:02:18 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

sheldrake has some really interesting ideas and his new book is a great read so far, but i dont really see the need to resort to the ideas of morphic resonance to explain how something as mind blowing as dmt can be brought to mainstream attention. but who knows

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

dreamer042
#45 Posted : 2/5/2013 1:53:57 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Don't forget the Through the Looking Glass section exists to entertain and discuss the more far out ideas that are not appropriate for other parts of the forum. Big grin
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

AmateurHistorian
#46 Posted : 2/5/2013 1:56:11 AM

"If you don't chew Big Red then fuck you!"- Ricky Bobby

I think Joe Rogan does have a lot to do with its expansion, but most likely there are other factors at play as well. I don't understand why so many people are afraid of more people experiencing this substance anyways. I don't feel people are as unprepared for this experience as many of you feel. If people are going to actually grow up. Which has to happen soon if our modern society is to survive. They're going to need the heavy stuff as hardly anyone is going to take you seriously or go through with shamanic breathing. Sure leading oneself slowly up to a heavier psychedelic is always preferred. But DMT even though the effects and experience being so profound is much more conducive to a first timer than say Ayahuasca, Mescaline, and even decent doses of LSD or Pscylocybin. In my experience I've never seen a first timer have a "bad trip" either in their experience or them doing something stupid under the influence. To those of you worried about MHRB becoming illegal, Its just a risk thats gonna have to be taken as it certainly doesn't look like it can be stopped anyway. It only takes seconds for the power to be on and for to be off, so as if we don't wake up and get our shit together to try and fix some of these problems your not going to be ordering mimosa offline.

Psychedelics is one of the only tools that is going to convey the knowledge to people to wake up to the wonders as well as the problems that is human kind.

There is a lot of mystery to DMT, and it is truly fascinating to try and figure whats really going on there. But it is endogenous. Which that aspect of it being suppressed. I think more people should have the opportunity to have an experience with DMT. The key is before though one must have a decently thorough knowledge of the substance and experience he or she is about to undergo. I have had many people not want to undergo the experience after gaining such knowledge.
"The modern world was not alive to the tremendous Reality that encompassed it. We were surrounded by an immeasurable abyss of darkness and splendor. We built our empires on a pellet of dust revolving around a ball of fire in unfathomable space. Life, that Sphinx, with the head of a lion and the body of a brute, asked us new riddles every hour. Matter itself was dissolving under the scrutiny of Science; and yet in our daily lives we were becoming a group of somnambulists, whose very breathing, in train and bus car, was timed to the movement of wheels; and the more perfectly, and even alertly, we clicked through our automatic affairs on the surface of things, the more complete to our insensibility to the utterly inscrutable mystery that anything should be in existence at all."
-Alfred Noyes,The Unknown God, London, 1934,pp176-177

AmateurHistorian
#47 Posted : 2/5/2013 2:03:27 AM

"If you don't chew Big Red then fuck you!"- Ricky Bobby

That Drugs INC looked atrocious as far as publicity goes. Picking up what looks to be heavy drug addicts. Thats truly disheartening. I wouldn't be surprised if that one came as a special request from the dea.
"The modern world was not alive to the tremendous Reality that encompassed it. We were surrounded by an immeasurable abyss of darkness and splendor. We built our empires on a pellet of dust revolving around a ball of fire in unfathomable space. Life, that Sphinx, with the head of a lion and the body of a brute, asked us new riddles every hour. Matter itself was dissolving under the scrutiny of Science; and yet in our daily lives we were becoming a group of somnambulists, whose very breathing, in train and bus car, was timed to the movement of wheels; and the more perfectly, and even alertly, we clicked through our automatic affairs on the surface of things, the more complete to our insensibility to the utterly inscrutable mystery that anything should be in existence at all."
-Alfred Noyes,The Unknown God, London, 1934,pp176-177

Umantis
#48 Posted : 2/5/2013 5:02:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
i dont understand why people think its some big mystery how dmt has gotten so widely known... The real question is why the heck did it take so long for people to catch on

wonder what was/will be the 100th monkey moment and what that really looks like from all sides and what's that all about anyway

۩
#49 Posted : 2/5/2013 5:15:12 AM

Ya it's popular all right.

But it still aint popular enough.

SPREAD THE LIGHT!

Cosmicbenji
#50 Posted : 2/5/2013 3:38:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's NO WAY to Schedule ALL of Nature in its entirety, so baseless fears aside, IMHO this is EXACTLY what the DMT wants!!!! It is EVERYWHERE in Nature, and as IT sees fit, IT is seemingly availing itself to us, but ONLY as we've become ready for IT to do so... Given the rate of hyperconnectivity that the WWW facilitates, the message (or meme rather) has the ability to essentially "go viral", and grow on an EXPONENTIAL level...

If you think about it in these terms, it couldn't be MORE exciting... We're esentially on the cusp of a potential MAJOR GLOBAL consciousness shift into a world where understanding will trump commodity, and love will vanquish ANY need for "power" or "material object fetishism"...

Smile
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.”
― Terence McKenna

SpaceSeek
#51 Posted : 2/5/2013 3:53:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why fight information? It was bound to happen and it will continue to happen.
SpaceSeek is a fictional character. Everything posted on this account is for educational and entertainment purposes only. SpaceSeek does not condone the use of any illegal substance. Use of post content from this account without authors said permission is prohibited.

Love,
SpaceSeek

Cosmicbenji
#52 Posted : 2/5/2013 4:10:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmicbenji wrote:
There's NO WAY to Schedule ALL of Nature in its entirety, so baseless fears aside, IMHO this is EXACTLY what the DMT wants!!!! It is EVERYWHERE in Nature, and as IT sees fit, IT is seemingly availing itself to us, but ONLY as we've become ready for IT to do so... Given the rate of hyperconnectivity that the WWW facilitates, the message (or meme rather) has the ability to essentially "go viral", and grow on an EXPONENTIAL level...

If you think about it in these terms, it couldn't be MORE exciting... We're esentially on the cusp of a potential MAJOR GLOBAL consciousness shift into a world where understanding will trump commodity, and love will vanquish ANY need for "power" or "material object fetishism"...

Smile

I'm not a Doctor though, I just play one on TV...
Big grin
“You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding.”
― Terence McKenna

DeDao
#53 Posted : 2/5/2013 4:15:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it bad to becomes more popular? I think as it becomes more known. People will try it and most will be scared to do it again or find it extremely healing.

I don't ever think DMT will be as popular as other mainstream medicinal plants such as marijuana.

It is a very tight niche that it fills. All psyches for that matter.

Just my opinion.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

infinitynlove
#54 Posted : 2/6/2013 5:24:40 AM

Mushroom Explorer

if all common / easy to extract spice containing plants end up banned or the supply hindered / stopped, then I bet some annoyed chemist will make a tek that can separate individually dmt and its related compound from grass extractions.

there is no need for this now as its easy to obtain, I believe when the need arises so will the tek.

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

tango
#55 Posted : 2/6/2013 5:40:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I wonder how many of the 22ooo members registered here still use dmt on a regular basis.

Parshvik Chintan
#56 Posted : 2/6/2013 6:01:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

tango wrote:
I wonder how many of the 22000 members registered here still use dmt on a regular basis.

depends on what you mean by regular, but i would hazard a guess and say that probably close to 75%

infinitynlove wrote:
if all common / easy to extract spice containing plants end up banned or the supply hindered / stopped, then I bet some annoyed chemist will make a tek that can separate individually dmt and its related compound from grass extractions.

i'm just glad i got enough to last me an unforeseeably long time, right before it was too late (seriously like before i was finished with my extraction it was bye-bye mimosa.. didn't even get to save any for brewing Crying or very sad ).
that being said phalaris still intrigues me greatly, and i want to try a full-spectrum jim-jam extract on it (get all those mystery alkaloids) and make myself a tryptamine cocktail (i feel like it would be great for changa).

but yes, we are definitely in need of a way for the simple home chemist to seperate various methylated tryptamines.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

a1pha
#57 Posted : 2/6/2013 6:03:14 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

I'm guessing <5%.

Most people can't hang.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

۩
#58 Posted : 2/6/2013 6:11:01 AM

tango wrote:
I wonder how many of the 22ooo members registered here still use dmt on a regular basis.

Everyones path has their own frequency of metabolization. There are a few patterns that arise, though: The honeymoon. The swear off. The daily. The weekly. The whenever the time is right. Phases.
Even for those who do not use, but have, the hyperspatial torrent of consciousness can play a key role in every moment and emotion. We are the gifted fishermen. Lucky and humble. If this resonates with you, and you have some crystalline medicine in a dark dry place, maybe it's time to speak up and see who else is hungry.

nen888
#59 Posted : 2/6/2013 6:17:41 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
tango wrote:
I wonder how many of the 22000 members registered here still use dmt on a regular basis.

depends on what you mean by regular, but i would hazard a guess and say that probably close to 75%

a1pha wrote:
Quote:
I'm guessing <5%.

Most people can't hang.

..the truth is probably somewhere between these two percentages (i lean towards the lower figure)
one of the ways to define DMT as 'not a 'Drug'' is that it is not addictive..

however, the think the 5% represent two things:

1) the % of the population who in other cultures/the past would have been recognised as shamans, healers, deep thinkers etc..

2) as DMT becomes more popular, it becomes increasingly important for the community to develop the
knowledge of techniques (set and setting) and mental/psychological development which have usually been regarded by humanity as important for the successful ongoing use of 'entheogens'/shamanic tools..
the modern society has almost completely lost aspects of such knowledge..even lost words like entheogen..

i think DMT is a tool..to unlock the power of the mind..
a power tool..following the safety instructions carefully is what the community needs to advocate..

there has been plenty of information about DMT for 20 years..
(i'm sick of 'dmt messiahs' who pop up every through years trying to spread the word..it spreads by itself)
there is plenty of information on where to obtain it botanically..

integrating it into our incredibly material and psychological immature society is the work now..

plmage
#60 Posted : 2/6/2013 6:26:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmicbenji wrote:

Smile

Our future looks extremely bright in this respect. The best thing consciousness can do is continue discussing DMT and finding cheaper, safer, and easier ways to expand DMT's quantity and quality around the world.

PREV12345NEXT