We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT»
The Nexian Magazine Options

Legit
#21 Posted : 2/4/2013 1:36:36 AM

This is bat country.

I love this idea. And all of these suggestions are great, too. Smile

Filling it wouldn't be an issue, that's for sure!
07:45:13 ‹Bonné›The least interesting part of a psychedelic experience is definitely the visuals.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

primordium
#22 Posted : 2/4/2013 1:39:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That sounds very interesting. The suggestions for content are excellent, as well.
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end." -- Alex Grey

undisclosed_again
#23 Posted : 2/4/2013 2:15:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I feel a little like I'm jumping in a bit as I'm not known around these parts. Have posted before but under the username "undisclosed" though that was only a couple of times at most and was sometime ago.

I lurk mostly Smile .....

So forgive me for asking another question - what are you/we going to call it?

Personally, I feel "DMT-Nexus Magazine" is a bit, shall we say, dry. Makes it sound like "Amateur Carpet Fitters Monthly" or something.

I'd suggest "The Nexian" or..... I dunno..... maybe others have suggestions?

JourneyToJah
#24 Posted : 2/4/2013 11:23:36 AM

Free Spirit

Yes, I was thinking about the name too last night. Suggestions are welcomed. The Nexian is a good idea.

Or maybe just 'The Nexus' Smile
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff

JourneyToJah
#25 Posted : 2/4/2013 9:40:25 PM

Free Spirit

Things are getting together fast ! Make sure to check the first post because I will keep adding to it.

Also, could someone sticky this up somewhere ? Very happy
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff

anrchy
#26 Posted : 2/4/2013 10:54:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think it would be a cool idea to have a "featured introduction essay". We could put up a vote for which one would be published, of course maybe the OP would need to be asked permission for such a submission?

We get pretty good intro essays posted but this could encourage new users to really put some effort into theirs.

Also maybe a "commonly asked questions" section like a FAQ for posts that contained similiarities. Like when we get multiple threads that all ask about the same question during whatever quarter could be the theme.

Just some ideas
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Parshvik Chintan
#27 Posted : 2/4/2013 11:14:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
I think it would be a cool idea to have a "featured introduction essay". We could put up a vote for which one would be published, of course maybe the OP would need to be asked permission for such a submission?

imo, i think a trip report would be more fitting than an intro essay. intro essays that contain trip reports could still classify.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Valura
#28 Posted : 2/4/2013 11:16:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome idea!

Vodsel
#29 Posted : 2/4/2013 11:22:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Featuring the Intro Essay concept sounds like a good idea. Considering the magazine might at most appear quarterly, in three months there is a good deal of nice essays. A selection of fragments might be nice, and give an outline of the reasons why people approach entheogens. Try to express the diversity and at the same time the unity of the community.

We might add too a fixed space of up-to-date online links and resources, like a little directory. And perhaps a page of news (scientific, social, legal...)

For the ethno garden section, if that's ok, it just makes sense to write something about jurema. It's an easy plant to ID and grow, and she deserves some lovin'. Tricky to keep it under two pages, because it would be nice to have a 1/2 page piece written by a user who has a good relationship for the plant introduced. Iracema would fit great here. Or jamie.

JourneyToJah
#30 Posted : 2/5/2013 4:07:17 PM

Free Spirit

I think that intro essays can go in the trip reports section.

If anyone wants to write an article just send me a PM with the section and title.

We have Art Von D doing an 'Ask Art' section Very happy

InMotion
#31 Posted : 2/8/2013 12:05:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: 3D programming, Mathematician (if you need help with algebra to differential equations I'm available), SKilled Engineer

What kind of stuff would you want to have written for the Environment part? If given a little direction I may be able to help.

JourneyToJah
#32 Posted : 2/8/2013 12:20:11 AM

Free Spirit

For the Environment I was thinking about general lines of environmentalism but focusing on the areas that are of more interest for the entheogenic community. Let me know if you write an article over it Smile
Added Psychotria propagation to Ethnobotanical Garden by Ringworm.

Peace and love!

DeDao
#33 Posted : 2/8/2013 12:23:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I personally think it's a great idea. BUT, I think the content would need to be watched carefully. Wouldn't want to bring unwanted, negative attention through the wrong words said.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

JourneyToJah
#34 Posted : 2/8/2013 12:25:20 AM

Free Spirit

DeDao wrote:
I personally think it's a great idea. BUT, I think the content would need to be watched carefully. Wouldn't want to bring unwanted, negative attention through the wrong words said.

I agree. Everything is reviewed to make sure we keep up the Nexus standard. Trav will get his eyes on it before publishing to be sure we're ok Smile

Philosopher
#35 Posted : 2/8/2013 12:44:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is awesome.
We are surprisingly similar.

acacian
#36 Posted : 2/8/2013 12:54:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Vodsel
#37 Posted : 2/8/2013 1:04:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

So, are you counting with an article about growing jurema? Or did ringworm delay jurema until issue #2? Smile

Guyomech
#38 Posted : 2/8/2013 5:29:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

An e-zine is definitely the way to go. Featured intro essay is great. Featured trip report is great too... Maybe choose a piece of member art to accompany the report. Use plenty of art and border graphics... The place is oozing with art. Make it look great.

I've always wanted to see an interviews section here at the Nexus. This was before the zine idea came up... But it's a perfect fit. We could interview artists, scientists, activists, thinkers. Some Nexus members might make great subjects too (Keeper Trout, for example). We should allow a period for members to submit questions, which would be reviewed and narrowed down by the editors before each interview. Again, illustrations if possible.

The next question is, will this magazine be a perk for members, or a form of outreach into the larger world? What's the intent here?

Macre
#39 Posted : 2/8/2013 8:46:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great idea. I see it as an outreach to the wider world. The content of the magazine will be a flavour of the Nexus for all to see and understand. Could we have a poetry section with the art section? I'd love to contribute some poetry or maybe a meditation guide. This is such an awesome idea.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

cyb
#40 Posted : 2/8/2013 9:00:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Macre wrote:
I see it as an outreach to the wider world. The content of the magazine will be a flavour of the Nexus for all to see and understand.

Hmmm.
Not so sure about that idea...The content would have to be carefully screened and references to members and 'in' jokes would make no sense to outsiders.
Copyright and theft of images would be a concern...also any 'undesirables' maybe able to glean ammunition against the site.
Further it would create a lot of interest in the site, bringing vast numbers of new members...lay peeps...trolls/hxOrs...and possibly 'Heat'.
How much do we really want 'that' to happen?

I would think long and hard before it leaves the confines of the Nexus...

2c
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

PREV1234NEXT»