We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
How potent is 5x and 10x Options

The Electric Hippy
#1 Posted : 2/3/2013 2:44:00 AM

Glitch Modulator

Hello all. I tried doing a search for this and it turned up nothing. Perhaps someone here could help me.

I recently ordered some 5x and 10x salvia from a reputable vendor. I will be trying the 5x first, of course. I've read how easy it is to overdo it on salvia and so I am looking to find out just how much I should smoke. I do not have access to a scale at this time. Is it comparable to high grade cannabis, where half a bowl is a medium dose and a whole bowl is a high dose? Or should I just load half a bowl and smoke one hit at a time until I get effects?

Thanks for your time.

"In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves" - Buddha

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

DeDao
#2 Posted : 2/3/2013 2:59:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Don't take my word for it but I would assume that it is 5x the amount of salvinorin a that the same weight of normal would have.

Example:

1gram of plant material has 10mg of salvinorin a

5x = 1gram of plant material has 50mg of salvinorin a

Note that this is just my interpretation and the ratio of weight and milligrams are inaccurate and should NOT, I say *NOT* taken literally.

"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

jamie
#3 Posted : 2/3/2013 3:03:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

no it is not comparable to high grade cannabis at all. If you smoke half a bowl of 5x you might be in for WAY more than you are prepared for.

1 full bowl of plain leaf is often enough for things to start to get interesting for me..5x is 5 times as strong as plain leaf..so half a bowl of that is like smoking 2.5 bowls of plain leaf all at once..which is not unheard of at all but I mean, it's not a walk in the park either.

..and def dont dose like that with the 10x..

Just start with a pinch of the 5x and see if you need more..make sure you hold it in really long. If you need more than go from there. Remember there is a sensitivity that builds after a few exposures..you do NOT build tolerance to salvia..it's the other way around..so be aware of that.

If you want to just load half a bowl and hit it slowly than go for it..just be careful not to burn it all up in one hit..
Long live the unwoke.

The Electric Hippy
#4 Posted : 2/3/2013 3:28:37 AM

Glitch Modulator

Thank you DeDao and Jamie. That is exactly what I'm looking for. I think I'm going to just load one hit at a time and go from there. How long would you recommend waiting inbetween each dose? This is my first time trying it, so I'm not sure. Also, can the extract be quidded? Perhaps put underneath the lip like a dip?
"In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves" - Buddha

realmsundiscovered
#5 Posted : 2/3/2013 3:30:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia is a unique plant with reverse tolerance properties. Also proper smoking technique was always necessary for me to achieve a breakthrough. I would just put a Pinch in a water pipe, keep the lighter on the bowl the whole time your hitting it, and hold the hit for around 20 seconds. After doing this I start feeling effects right as I exhale. 20x is too powerful for me these days, though I used to take three consecutive hits back a few years ago.
Reality is nothing more than you make it. So use your mind and recreate it.

Doing better than the majority
Don't always bring you prosperity
You have to submit yoursel to conformity
To make it in this Society

gibran2
#6 Posted : 2/3/2013 4:08:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

The Electric Hippy wrote:
Hello all. I tried doing a search for this and it turned up nothing. Perhaps someone here could help me.

I recently ordered some 5x and 10x salvia from a reputable vendor. I will be trying the 5x first, of course. I've read how easy it is to overdo it on salvia and so I am looking to find out just how much I should smoke. I do not have access to a scale at this time. Is it comparable to high grade cannabis, where half a bowl is a medium dose and a whole bowl is a high dose? Or should I just load half a bowl and smoke one hit at a time until I get effects?

Thanks for your time.

Have you looked at the sticky?

All About Salvia Dosing
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

The Electric Hippy
#7 Posted : 2/3/2013 4:23:41 AM

Glitch Modulator

I did, but without a scale (mine is broken) it's hard for me to measure a dose.

gibran2
#8 Posted : 2/3/2013 1:47:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did, but without a scale (mine is broken) it's hard for me to measure a dose.

Attached is a photo from Sage Wisdom showing a 25mg dose next to a penny.

For comparison, an average dose of 5X is about 80mg, and an average dose of 10X is about 40mg.
gibran2 attached the following image(s):
25mg.jpg (25kb) downloaded 443 time(s).
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

The Electric Hippy
#9 Posted : 2/3/2013 3:27:53 PM

Glitch Modulator

Thank you so much gibran2; that helps immensely. I am much richer in pennies than in working scales Very happy

RoGu3
#10 Posted : 2/4/2013 2:21:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

5x and 10x are both very good starting points. I started with 15x. Are you new to salvia? Id also recommend buying an ounce or two of the plain leaf. Its very cheap and it will produce mild effects to give you an idea of what youre getting into. Salvia has a reverse tolerance so the more you smoke the stronger it gets.

I would just load a good cannabis sized bowl and take a small rip and ghost it. I smoke 50x from a very reputable vendor. It is their strongest extract. Salvia is very easy to take it that next step beyond. You might as well dive in once you understand what its like. Salvia is one of my favorite entheogens. But many do not like it due to its very confusing and forceful nature. You just have to surrender and let it all go if you're in over your head. Try to relax because it can get very intense like DMT. Salvia feels more earthy and cartoony. The smell alone brings me to salvia land. Same how the smell of DMT brings me closer to dmt space
Don't be afraid, Don't be afraid, Let everything flow through you

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

gibran2
#11 Posted : 2/5/2013 1:41:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

RoGu3 wrote:
5x and 10x are both very good starting points. I started with 15x. Are you new to salvia? Id also recommend buying an ounce or two of the plain leaf. Its very cheap and it will produce mild effects to give you an idea of what youre getting into. Salvia has a reverse tolerance so the more you smoke the stronger it gets.

I would just load a good cannabis sized bowl and take a small rip and ghost it. I smoke 50x from a very reputable vendor. It is their strongest extract...

In my opinion, a reputable salvia vendor would not be selling 50X extract.

A strong dose of legitimate 50X extract is about 8mg. Unless you have a sub-milligram accuracy scale, it would be very difficult to properly dose.

To โ€œload a good sized cannabis bowlโ€ is never a good way to measure salvia extracts, especially more potent ones.

RoGu3
#12 Posted : 2/5/2013 5:21:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Arena is very good. Feel free to delete this post..
Don't be afraid, Don't be afraid, Let everything flow through you

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

Metanoia
#13 Posted : 2/6/2013 3:12:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have to second what gibran said. Whenever I see people saying things like "I would just load a good cannabis sized bowl and take a small rip and ghost it." and "You might as well dive in once you understand what its like." I have to pipe up.

Dosage is key, especially with stronger extracts. A pinch at a time (maybe 20 - 30mg) is where I would start with any extract I had purchased. And gibran is right, a reputable vendor wouldn't be selling a 50x. So if it's not a true 50x, then they're mislabeling their product to increase sales. Not reputable IMO.

Also, I still don't understand Salvia in many ways, and I've been smoking it for quite a few years now, without any long term break. It's something that defies categorization. Once you attempt to do that, you end up with horrifying and confusing experiences.

That said, I really like how you started off..
RoGu3 wrote:
"Id also recommend buying an ounce or two of the plain leaf. Its very cheap and it will produce mild effects to give you an idea of what youre getting into. Salvia has a reverse tolerance so the more you smoke the stronger it gets."

That is where I think everyone should start. Some people can get very intense experiences from plain leaf alone. Or if you smoke it regularly enough like I've done, your tolerance becomes so low that the plain leaf is often enough.

I just want to see people give it the same respect that they would to something like DMT. It's every bit as powerful and even potentially dangerous if handled incorrectly.

The Electric Hippy
#14 Posted : 2/8/2013 3:30:11 PM

Glitch Modulator

So, my salvia came in last night and I got to experiment with it a few hours ago after work. Time for a trip report!

- 8:30am: Loaded half a bowl of 5x leaf. Took the first pull. Held 20 seconds. Waited. I noticed it was very different from other psychadelics in that it seemed to have an old, ancient like spirit. Felt the asymmetrical pull/roping effect. Was surprised one toke took me that far.
- 8:35am: Finished the last hit. More pulling, light OEV's, moderate CEV's
- 8:45am: Stepped outside onto my back porch. Loaded another 2 hits into the bowl. Took one then another back to back. The roping effect felt significantly stronger than before. I started to notice it felt similar to DMT; I could feel the pull into the other realm. Beautiful CEV's. Lots of fractals and splitting of different visuals.
- 9:00am: Wander back into my room where the trip started. I decide to do one more "double hitter" then put the leaf away for now. After ingesting, I sat meditating and entered a room filled with eyes. Everything had eyes. Hands, leafs, etc. I felt the peak die down, and I opened my eyes to my desktop background on my computer. It is a picture of two paper mache psychadelic people. I made eye contact with the person on the right, and immediately felt a very deep sense of respect and admiration for him. I said in a very quiet voice "Dude, I respect you". I realized 2 seconds later what had happened, and I began to laugh out loud uncontrollably.

Very pleasant. In and out quickly, painlessly. I can tell this is going to be one of my favorite entheogens, and I plan to get a plant ASAP.

Thank you Nexus, for having this forum here and for patiently answering all of my questions.

acacian
#15 Posted : 2/8/2013 8:48:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

glad you had such a positive experience Smile

The Electric Hippy
#16 Posted : 2/10/2013 9:41:33 AM

Glitch Modulator

acacian wrote:
glad you had such a positive experience Smile

Thank you!

Just so I don't have to keep making new threads, I'll just ask this here. I smoked about 6-8 hits a few days ago and got somewhat strong effects from 5x. Just now, 3 inhales of 5x was pretty intesne. Nothing I could not handle, but I was a bit surprised. How long does the reverse tolerance last? Is there a point in time where you have to build it back up (In other words, if I wait _______ amount of time, will my reverse tolerance go away)?

gibran2
#17 Posted : 2/10/2013 2:18:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just so I don't have to keep making new threads, I'll just ask this here. I smoked about 6-8 hits a few days ago and got somewhat strong effects from 5x. Just now, 3 inhales of 5x was pretty intesne. Nothing I could not handle, but I was a bit surprised. How long does the reverse tolerance last? Is there a point in time where you have to build it back up (In other words, if I wait _______ amount of time, will my reverse tolerance go away)?

Reverse tolerance subjectively seems to be the establishment of a relationship with the plant. The brain learns how to โ€œcooperateโ€ with the plant, and once learned, the knowledge is always there.

Iโ€™ve had long periods of non-use, and when I come back to it, there is no loss of reverse-tolerance. It seems to be a more or less permanent change.

Metanoia
#18 Posted : 2/11/2013 7:44:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yep, it's just like riding a bike! Very happy

I have never taken a really long break from Salvia since I first found it years ago, but when I went about six or seven months it was like I never stopped. My tolerance is so low at this point that one hit of plain leaf the other night and I almost broke through. I still have a 15x that even the thought of terrifies me. I would probably only need a 5 - 8mg dosage of that stuff.

The Electric Hippy
#19 Posted : 2/11/2013 5:47:20 PM

Glitch Modulator

I know how you feel, Dio. I haven't even opened my 10x bag, and it may be quite a while before I do! That stuff scares me. My 5x is plenty potent enough.

bemeda
#20 Posted : 3/19/2013 6:27:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

Reverse tolerance subjectively seems to be the establishment of a relationship with the plant. The brain learns how to โ€œcooperateโ€ with the plant, and once learned, the knowledge is always there.

Totally. I suspect there isn't actually a chemical reverse-tolerance at work at all but rather a kind of "graduation from salvia university" that you tend towards with practice. What once was frighteningly strange becomes familiar. What once was ominous becomes friendly. You just have to learn a little "Salvia language."

12NEXT