We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
low dose psilocybe cyanescens Options

spanda
#1 Posted : 2/2/2013 7:52:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It was a good fall in the SF bay area for mushrooms in general and I got lucky with a collection of psilocybians to the tune of about 30 grams dried. I've been experimenting with daily very low, sub-threshold doses and have been very happy with the results. This batch produces a gentle trip with 1.5 to 2 grams so I'm guessing it is about 1% active alkaloids. (10mg / 1g material). I've been consuming 100mg of the dried shrooms at noon, two days on, one day off, for about a month. I'm thinking this is maybe 1mg of alkaloids. I'm finding the effects to be very tonic. I feel sharper, can focus on tasks better, I'm getting more done, more relaxed and open with people, mood improved - more optimistic, sleeping better, feeling fit and energetic (including sexual energy, big plus for a 65 year old).

Is this a placebo effect? I don't think so, the results are noticible and delightful. Has anyone else tryed this? I know not many have access to enough shrooms to be taking them a little at a time like this, but if you do I highly recommend it. I've read about benefits of microdosing LSD so it's not surprising that these tryptamines produce similar results. I'd be interested to hear of similar experiences.
spanda attached the following image(s):
020213 180.jpg (2,569kb) downloaded 138 time(s).
020213 185.jpg (3,216kb) downloaded 135 time(s).
"You cannot see Me with your normal eyes, therefore I give you divine eyes with which to behold the Power of My Yoga."
Bhagavad Gita, chapter 11, The Universal Form, verse 8

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ilex
#2 Posted : 2/2/2013 11:13:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven't taken them regularly, but I have done micro doses of P. cyanescens. They are probably my favourite Psilocybe I have tried (also done cubensis and semilacenta). There is something special about eating wild mushrooms, I think. One time I ate 0.2 grams of cyanescens and went for a walk in the woods, I felt incredibly connected to nature the whole time. It was funny because the next time I did them, I ate a gram and just sat around a camp fire with friends the whole time... the micro dose actually felt a lot stronger to me, I guess the setting made a big difference.

Another time I ate just one tiny cyanescens mushroom, at night at a music festival. Normally I don't like eating Psilocybe cubensis at night, because I get cold and shivery. However, eating that one little cyanescens and I felt warm and cozy all night. I figured that maybe because cubensis are a tropical species and cyanescens more of a northern species, that the cyanescens adapated me better to the cold.

Micro doses of mushrooms can be fantastic for improving mood and concentration. It's not just placebo.

Mr.Peabody
#3 Posted : 2/3/2013 2:11:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have thought of doing this, as well! They definitely can sharpen the mind.

Keep us posted on any long term effects, positive or negative. The only negative I can see is the increased tolerance, which may inhibit tripping, if one were so inclined. You can always cycle off for a week or two, ahead of time, I suppose!

I intend to be still eating mushies in another 40 years, so thanks for setting a good example! That's so cool!
Be an adult only when necessary.

infinitynlove
#4 Posted : 2/3/2013 3:55:50 AM

Mushroom Explorer

i took 0.5g - 1g (threshold dose for me) of p.cubensis everyday for 34 days to see the long term effects.

I found it gave me great perspecitve on other people, being able to see others from their point of view ( I was trying to feel every emotion behind their words )rather from my minds view point.

I found it worked! but it also sent me on a total life review of every single aspect of my life, I changed many things and I feel it helped me deal with my demons and it gave me a new energy to change myself.

This was about 3 years ago, but I feel it has made me a better person overall.

I hope this helps

Peace
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

spanda
#5 Posted : 2/3/2013 7:01:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the responses. It sounds like we're all getting similar results. I harvested some of the substrate and now have a fair amount of spawn running on wet cardboard so hopefully I'll be able to get some colonies established on my property and in the neighborhood so I'll have a steady supply. It's great to hear about such positive results. Maybe there is hope for a medical mushroom legalization movement. I'm taking a break for a few days so I can properly assay the product of my current MHRB extraction. After that I'll stick with the two days on one day off for another month and report back, in the meantime noticing what kind of interaction there is with the spice.

"You cannot see Me with your normal eyes, therefore I give you divine eyes with which to behold the Power of My Yoga."

Ilex
#6 Posted : 2/3/2013 5:38:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice, establishing outdoor beds of P. cyanescens has always fascinated me. A friend who picks them said most of the time he would find them in people's garden's anyway, often under Azalea or Rhododendron bushes where people had put down thick layers of wood chips. I'm guessing you already know that wood chips are their preferred substrate.

I heard recently of a intriguing technique to create mostly sterile substrate for outdoor mushroom beds, using a fermentation model. First all the substrate is submerged in water, allowing anaerobic fermentation to occur (while the aerobic organisms die from lack of oxygen) for a week or so. Then the water is drained off, and the substrate dried out which causes the anaerobic organisms to die from exposure to oxygen. This leaves a fairly sterile substrate that can be piled over sheets of cardboard with running mycelium.

spanda
#7 Posted : 2/4/2013 4:24:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, I might give that a try. I've got a bucket of alder chips I'm going to use (as recommended by Stamets). I also recently chipped up some acacia longifolia and thought I'd try that also. Maybe the presence of tryptamines in the substrate material will enhance potency?