We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Music or drugs Options

rellik
#21 Posted : 3/28/2009 1:28:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

music easily. if i was allowed three, my choice atm would be mesc, dmt and mary j. those may change with more reflection.
all of my posts are fictional. please interpret them as such.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

old Dead Head
#22 Posted : 3/29/2009 11:39:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Beatles G.D. Pink Floyd!!! well maybe John Lennon[Beatles] Yes the songs change with you!!!

soulfood
#23 Posted : 3/31/2009 7:15:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Master of plants wrote:
I would splash drugs in a toilet and leave myself only psychedelics. Because I can´t live without any of these two.

I could... but it'd be no kind of living!

Big Inhale
#24 Posted : 4/1/2009 4:00:23 AM

The Enlightend One

old Dead Head wrote:
Beatles G.D. Pink Floyd!!! well maybe John Lennon[Beatles] Yes the songs change with you!!!

Most of these bands were on drugs when they made there music. So if there wasnt any would there music be any good. Propably not. Rock music SUCKS now because the makers of thst music are not getting high like they did in the sixties and seventies.I think to make good music you need drugs.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Redguard
#25 Posted : 4/17/2009 4:23:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I'd take music any day of the week. I can get high on music without the drugs, magical experiences that dmt has given you could be attained through oobe's and such. Has anyone ever read reports of people traveling the astral planes? There's a quote i like to use sometimes by Maynard James Keenan of Tool.

“I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.”
“I am that gadfly which God has attached to the state, and all day long …arousing and persuading and reproaching…You will not easily find another like me.”-- Socrates

ohayoco
#26 Posted : 8/7/2009 2:03:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is going to go against the grain and keep the drugs.

He has loved music for decades, but he with time he has become more discerning, and in fact now he rarely listens to any at all. Only in his dreams, when his brain seems to invent its own music! In his general day to day goings on, music is now more of a hindrance than a joy, and he likes to have clear thoughts to live in the moment and soak up the world and contemplate- to self actualise- rather than coccoon hiself in a musical bubble, especially when people insist on playing rubbish that hurts SWIM's ears! Laughing

On the other hand, neither does he take drugs really since his DMT explorations. He now needs neither, but will of course keep both in his life in moderation. But DMT, salvia and mescalito have proved far more useful, far more revelatory for him, they have changed his life in ways that music never could. And the fact that 'drugs' include medicines, and SWIM wants to enjoy as long a time as possible in this wonderful existence, is another reason why he would readily sacrifice. His entire record collection could go on a bonfire offering to the plant teachers, and he wouldn't mind! Smile

Just SWIMs opinion, hope it doesn't sound too pompous. This is a cruel separation though, music and drugs have always been sisters...
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Jumiem
#27 Posted : 8/7/2009 2:56:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As a pretty solid doomsdayist I think that when shit hits the fan people will forget about music but drugs could be seen as an aid to survival. When people get used to a broken civilization they will start banging on hallow logs and singing and dancing around the fire. You're more likely to get hit by a car while crossing a intersection if you're wearing headphones but if your smoking a joint you will probably notice that coming. Drugs over music.
I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

jamie
#28 Posted : 8/7/2009 4:15:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Redguard wrote:
I'd take music any day of the week. I can get high on music without the drugs, magical experiences that dmt has given you could be attained through oobe's and such. Has anyone ever read reports of people traveling the astral planes? There's a quote i like to use sometimes by Maynard James Keenan of Tool.

“I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.”

There are so so so many diff entheo's and combo's of entheo's out there, each eliciting distinct, individual effects..this is about specific areas of brain function.. Take salvinorin A, for example, than look at mescaline, than take a look at DMT..they are all completely diff chemicals acting of diff areas of the brain..specific areas..and that is just the tip of the iceburg..I would say(from personal experience) oobe's and astral projections, lucid dreams etc are not "natural DMT" trips..they are completely different. If I spent all my time trying to get back to salvia space, than get back to DMT hyperspace, mescaline headspace, than over into an aya experience all by simply not actaully just taking them..I wouldnt not be close to where I am now..I just cant see one having a natural salvia trip or something like that through meditation...maybe a simulation in a dream..but thats a dream.

I get what Maynard is trying to say about the people who basically jsut do this thing for fun..but that has no bearing on the people here who do work with these things even daily for other purposes than just fun. Lots of amazonian curranderos drink ayahuasca every day..and most work with both ayahuasca(and others) and dreamstates..

I agree that human would create more music...we are made of it of course..so I would choose psychedelic plants and then make some music or art..prob both...think of all the crappy music there is that we would now be rid ofVery happy ..a new start.
Long live the unwoke.

PREV12