We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Music or drugs Options

Big Inhale
#1 Posted : 3/18/2009 9:33:34 PM

The Enlightend One

As I sit here listening to some music I realize I get high off of it. The uncontrollable feeling of dance that seems to overwhelm me when I listen to it. Its a feeling like no other. So if you had to choose. Life with no music or life with no drugs what would it be.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 3/18/2009 9:43:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

life with no drugs...music is way more important..
it's a sound

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 3/18/2009 11:42:00 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Your telling me I could choose to have all the Peyote in the world not exist or not have music exist?

Well I'd choose the Peyote! Because as soon as humans don't have music they will start inventing it!
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

iedoc
#4 Posted : 3/19/2009 1:35:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

i agree with 'Coatl, but if music really didn't exist or if drugs really didn't exist, i'd probably say i'd want music, just because i was totally fine just getting high off music before i got high off drugs

DarkShaman
#5 Posted : 3/19/2009 1:35:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

No drugs, definitely.

My life w/o music would quickly end when the incident of me giving head to a shotgun occurred.

GirlsHateMe
#6 Posted : 3/19/2009 2:56:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Drugs arent half as cool as music.

I can feel like im on mdma if I blast techno and try really hard. So music ftw.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole Armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. - Ephesians 6:12-13

GHM is an internet handle, a fictional one at that, the person I portray in no way depicts real life actions and or opinions. After all, whats the internet for besides pretending to be someone you arent! Also, no girls do not really hate me.

coz42
#7 Posted : 3/19/2009 3:11:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you get rid of one, some way or another we'd make the other happen.

So whatever, Kalamazoo
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught. ~Baba Dioum

psychosisdoses
#8 Posted : 3/19/2009 3:31:34 AM

Derek

i dont like even thinking about that Sad how can you have one and not the other granted i listen to music sober (sober?! when the fuck are you sober... yes i consider high on weed sober) but when im tripping real good or rolling face what do you need??? a great song blasting to melt into thats right... shit id have to go with keeping drugs but im a drug addict what do you expect me to pick lol
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Jorkest
#9 Posted : 3/19/2009 4:49:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

haha psychosis...we are all 'drug' addicts..and if your not..well good for you
it's a sound

psychosisdoses
#10 Posted : 3/19/2009 4:57:23 AM

Derek

Jorkest wrote:
haha psychosis...we are all 'drug' addicts..and if your not..well good for you

haha indeed life on the edge Very happy nothin like it
i am conscious of the fact that most people wont go to the lengths i will for kicks
eh im just devoted to higher inner states i set out one day to learn on google and that i did... now i have more psychedelic power then i know what to do with.. and i love it Smile
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

modsquad09
#11 Posted : 3/19/2009 5:29:47 AM

mods

thats tuff.

indeed without drugs music would be nothing.. or really bland and boring.

but if i had to pick id say music.
Everything above me is really a lie... think for yourself & question authority!

obliguhl
#12 Posted : 3/19/2009 6:35:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The uncontrollable feeling of dance that seems to overwhelm me when I listen to it. Its a feeling like no other.

i have this very seldom and it happens only with very suitable music and if I'm in a very good mood (which is very seldom the case unfortunatly)

I'd rather have both disappear before I d have to make such a decision

modsquad09
#13 Posted : 3/19/2009 7:21:55 AM

mods

anyone ever feel/hear trippy sounds/feeling on lsd listening to the grateful dead or the beatles? like theres more to those bands..
like i dont hear that stuff normally.. or am i just hearing them from the trip.. seems like its a hidden brainwave.. like the music was made to be slowed & sound different...

TheNtt
#14 Posted : 3/19/2009 7:29:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

modsquad09 wrote:
anyone ever feel/hear trippy sounds/feeling on lsd listening to the grateful dead or the beatles? like theres more to those bands..
like i dont hear that stuff normally.. or am i just hearing them from the trip.. seems like its a hidden brainwave.. like the music was made to be slowed & sound different...

That's the dose man!! haha.

I fully believe the bands intentions while making a recording affect how someone interprets and "Feels" the song.

Pink Floyd are the masters- I've experienced some really bizarre synchronicitys between my hallucinations and their music. In such situations I'm overwhelmed by the feeling that the band knew that would happen and it was their intention to make it do so.

modsquad09
#15 Posted : 3/19/2009 7:51:49 AM

mods

TheNtt wrote:
modsquad09 wrote:

That's the dose man!! haha.

I fully believe the bands intentions while making a recording affect how someone interprets and "Feels" the song.

Pink Floyd are the masters- I've experienced some really bizarre synchronicitys between my hallucinations and their music. In such situations I'm overwhelmed by the feeling that the band knew that would happen and it was their intention to make it do so.

ok thats what i thought.. yeah its like emotions you only hear tripping, which may even hit you sober on a subliminal level

to me the songs change, you really see why they called it psy music back in the 60s

you dont hear alot of this talk though

modsquad09
#16 Posted : 3/19/2009 7:54:24 AM

mods

also what type of music program would one use to get that effect? just a binerial beat or what?

DarkShaman
#17 Posted : 3/19/2009 4:22:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Quote:
The uncontrollable feeling of dance that seems to overwhelm me when I listen to it. Its a feeling like no other.

i have this very seldom and it happens only with very suitable music and if I'm in a very good mood (which is very seldom the case unfortunatly)

I'd rather have both disappear before I d have to make such a decision

Damn. . .that sucks. Perhaps you should seek counseling. Sad

Caligulitica
#18 Posted : 3/19/2009 5:02:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, After thinking alot into this, I would say drugs, because it is natural for all humans to recognize a beat in something, kinda like how someone would talk with a ryhme or like a jingle you hear on a commercial. and from then on most would put it into sequence and invent music so in the end we have both. but then again I am not one who tends to like to be high all the time. I guess how people like to get high to alter their conscious, I like to visit both sides of my consciousness,Sober and high

Just my own personal thoughts
Spirituality is just another unanswered question that the weak minded throw away, let them be as flowers in the dark abyss of time, let no sun shine upon them and let them shrivel up beneath the feet of the wise...

...ygolonhcet si taht tsaeb eht ma I ,em reaf ,dne eht fo regnirb eht ma I

Read it backwards =]

40oztofreedom
#19 Posted : 3/21/2009 1:45:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If I can only have one, then I'd rather have none at all.
So glad to see you have overcome them.
Completely silent now
With heaven's help
You cast your demons out

--------------------
I lie compulsively, and I am subjected to mental disorders as to where I have trouble even considering my own existance.

VisualDistortion
#20 Posted : 3/22/2009 10:37:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

coz42 wrote:
If you get rid of one, some way or another we'd make the other happen.

So whatever, Kalamazoo

Thank you coz42, i fucking love primus
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

12NEXT