We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
STB with Evodia Rutaecarpa for 5meoDMT? Options

Dorge
#1 Posted : 3/18/2009 9:12:34 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

So would it work to do a STB with Evodia Rutaecarpa fruits to extract 5MEODMT?
you can get them so cheap from chinese herb shops... like lbs for 5$
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Observant
#2 Posted : 3/18/2009 9:20:59 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

This is what a lucky search gave me . Doesnt sound bad at all.

Quote:
http://lightsource.atwiki.com/page/Evodia%20Rutaecarpa

Quote:
Evodia Rutaecarpa

At the very least it seems possible that an initial Chinahuasca could be made from Bai Ji Li and Wu Zhu Yu. But the amounts, the concentrations, and the best brewing technique need work. Also this would be a UV-light dominated experience, not light-dominated. Can only find one paper on the percentage of active ingredient, but they assayed the water fraction and since the lights are not water soluble I doubt the low percentages they found. NTL both they and Fat Freddie confirm that there's light in there.

* ShamTec Report #1 - Alkaloid Extraction from Evodia rutaecarpa

Fat Freddie, Psychedelic Toad & Head of Research Shamanic Technologies

An acid/base extract from 100 grams of dried Evodia fruit (Evodia rutaecarpa, Wu Zhu Yu) yielded about 80 mg of freebase wax from the final filtrate fraction (see ShamTec Report #2). 50 mg of this extract was smoked, registering a plus three (+++) on the Shulgin scale. Apyrolytic assay of the extract recovered from the filtered precipitates proved to be inactive. The tiny berry like fruits are readily obtainable from Chinese herbalists; they are said to be mildly toxic, this could be due in part to the astringent tannins, but it seems they are removed during the extraction process.

No signs of any physical discomfort while under its effects were observed. This does not imply it is entirely safe, all the usual disclaimers apply. A Medline search shows Evodia is known to contain alkaloids that are vasodilators which reduce blood pressure.

A second extract was prepared in order to test the validity of reports that Evodia fruits are hallucinogenic if eaten in large quantities. 5-MeO is not known to be orally active on it own. If the 5-MeO is causing psychoactivity then there would also be MAOI's present. 140 mgof the combined filtered fractions was consumed; no psychological or psychological effects were observed from this single trial. The dried fruits of this plant were easy to process. It was concluded that Evodia is a convenient an useful natural source of 5-MeO-DMT. Ref. Shulgin A., TIHKAL, p. 274. (#38?)

* commentary: Have not found any solid information on the percent of light and UV-light in Evodia. One paper confirms it contains both, but used a water extract (neither is soluble) and the percentage numbers were not helpful. So, the (wax not crystal) extract above contained light, UV-light, and possibly other compounds. Surely the extract was not 100% UV-light, since smoking 50mg of it would have rendered Fat Freddie unconscious.

For Evodia to be active by itself, it would have to have some MAOI in it. Another paper confirming slight quantities of norharman in Evodia. Norharman is not very bio-active. There is some chance that applying heat could convert the norharman to the much more bio-active harmine.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

Dorge
#3 Posted : 3/18/2009 9:29:59 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

well swim would call that a yes then...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

69ron
#4 Posted : 3/18/2009 11:07:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not too many people have experience with that herb.

About how much 5-MeO-DMT is usually in it? Would it not be more economical to buy Virola resin? It can be used as is, no processing needed.

And by the way, that statement above that 5-MeO-DMT is inactive orally without an MAOI is false. 5-MeO-DMT is active orally in doses of 30 mg and up. SWIM knows because he tested it. Also Jonathan Ott has a book on it where he also self tests pure 5-MeO-DMT orally without an MAOI and found it was quite active that way. So SWIM isn't the only one saying it's active orally on it's own.

The only form of DMT known to be inactive orally without an MAOI is N,N-DMT. 5-MeO-DMT, 5-HO-DMT (bufotenine), 4-HO-DMT (psilocin), etc., are all active orally without MAOI. N,N-DMT is the only exception.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

fourthripley
#5 Posted : 3/18/2009 11:13:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

A member here, Lemmy maybe, reported that somebody they knew started an extraction on this herb but they never got back with results. I assume it didn't work out...
mistakes were made

Dorge
#6 Posted : 3/18/2009 11:21:44 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Well SWIM has smoked the fruits quite a few times with a vaporizer and its worked fine. you definitely get a light 5MEODMT experience from it. So it does work. its just concentrating it that needs to occur. But with the fruits you have to vap it because it has other alkaliods in it that make you feel odd...
But they are very active...

69ron
#7 Posted : 3/18/2009 11:24:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Compared with Virola resin how potent are they? You can put as little as 150 mg of virola resin under your tongue for 10 minutes and you'll get a very light 5-MeO-DMT trip from it. It is that strong? Or many times weaker than Virola resin?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Dorge
#8 Posted : 3/19/2009 12:56:01 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

well the fruits themselves smell like 5meo honestly...
and it only takes 5 little fruits for the effects of a light dose... that would be less then 150mg i would say.
SWIM doesnt know.. never really worked with virola.. so SWIm cant say for sure...
but swim does know they are active and worth extracting. the price is cheaper then resin and you can get more of it with potentially a larger yeild... in theory...

69ron
#9 Posted : 3/19/2009 2:14:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I haven’t seen too many people using these, so I’m quite skeptical.

Do they contain any DMT or other illegal substances or just the legal 5-MeO-DMT?

SWIM is thinking of getting some to test it out. They should be available at his local Asian market.

Dorge
#10 Posted : 3/19/2009 2:26:11 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

just 5meo i beleive...
theres a fellow from aus that introduced swim to them... he gives people a taste of them so they get an idea of what smoking a tryptamine is like.

69ron
#11 Posted : 3/19/2009 2:38:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has got to try them. Does it matter if they are fresh or powdered?

Dorge
#12 Posted : 3/19/2009 5:19:44 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

I would get them fresh... or whole seeds...

Dorge
#13 Posted : 3/19/2009 11:54:15 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Well SWIM will know shortly if there is anything to this...

Dorge
#14 Posted : 3/20/2009 3:34:23 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

no crystals are precipitating yet... shoudl have by now... but what swim does have is a swirling cloud in there...
if swim does not see cryatals by morning or at least much later tonight... swim may require some advice as to what to do next.

Dorge
#15 Posted : 3/20/2009 5:00:53 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

Ok swim should have had crystals now... but instead all swim has is a milky cloud of micro particles starting to layer on the bottom... what should swim do with this?
try to evap the nappy and then scrap the bottom?
how would one wash the lye off with ammonia, if theres no crystals?

Nobuoni
#16 Posted : 3/20/2009 5:23:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Did you evaporate half of your solvent before you stuck it in the freezer ?
Evap half the napth and stick it back in the freezer'
If they still no form' evaporate half more'
Too much solvent' the alks are washed in it'

Bliss

Nobuoni +

Dorge
#17 Posted : 3/20/2009 5:35:12 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

no i didnt... i rarely do... but i think your right i used to much solvent in the first place. ok SWIM will get on that...

Dorge
#18 Posted : 3/20/2009 5:35:35 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

for A QUICKER EVAP... COULD SWIM.. put it in a hot water bath at low heat?

endlessness
#19 Posted : 3/20/2009 5:53:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well supposedly dmt vaporizes around 60 degrees but I've heard more than once of people using boiling water to heat to 100 degrees and dmt not vaporizing.. But I would still be careful with the hot water, if so then put indeed on low. A fan is the way SWIM usually accelerates evapping.

Dorge
#20 Posted : 3/20/2009 6:00:35 PM

Chen Cho Dorge

well the melting point of 5meo is 67.7°C-154°F... if it melts thats fine SWIM thinks it will stay in the solvent... and then it can be recrystalized much like one does in a regular recystalization process, i suppose...

12NEXT