We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Trichocereus Bridgesii Options

Lumos
#1 Posted : 1/26/2013 8:29:41 PM

Live the life out of life!

Hey guys, thinking about doing some research on Trichocereus Bridgesii. Can anyone share their thought and/or experiences with this cactus? I am familiar with good old San Pedro, so I thought it might be good to expand, would this be a worthwhile endeavor?
We have chosen this life for a reason, and it is our purpose to understand why.

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced; live your life so that when you pass, the world cries and you rejoice.

Only those who are willing to go too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

AlbertKLloyd
#2 Posted : 1/26/2013 8:54:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do a search in this section of the forum for the species name, there are many reports. Your question has already been answered there over and over and over again.

a1pha
#3 Posted : 1/26/2013 8:57:31 PM
โจ€

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

AlbertKLloyd wrote:
Do a search in this section of the forum for the species name, there are many reports. Your question has already been answered there over and over and over again.

Yes - Please make sure to search the forum before starting new threads.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

ipumaestro
#4 Posted : 1/26/2013 11:11:53 PM

catdestined

AH CHEW MA PEW MA
achuma puma

Parshvik Chintan
#5 Posted : 1/26/2013 11:18:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ipumaestro wrote:
AH CHEW MA PEW MA

Neutral Smile Very happy Big grin Laughing Thumbs up
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

ipumaestro
#6 Posted : 1/26/2013 11:20:49 PM

catdestined

achuma puma

D.REYx420
#7 Posted : 1/27/2013 12:02:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

lmao Love
"we are not human being's having spiritual experiences, we are spiritual being's having human experience's." (Teilhard de Chardin (1975?)

DeDao
#8 Posted : 1/30/2013 1:57:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lumos, I can relate to your nervousness. I get nervous before every ceremony I have. Very briefly I will try to tell you a little bit about Bridgessi. Usually you don't need as much to reach somewhat similar effects to San Pedro(I say somewhat similar because they are not entirely similar experiences). We can't say exact numbers since my plants could be different from yours, but, when ingested, for me around hour 4-6 I have to lay down in order to induce the visions. Experience will last anywhere from 8hours-18hours Depending on how much plant material you took.

Like you should have heard before, the experience is very hard to describe and takes courage to just jump in.

Most importantly, when dealing with these plants, you need two things : respect for them, and knowledge about how to be safe with them.

Good luck on your journey to the truth my friend.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Lumos
#9 Posted : 1/30/2013 3:55:54 PM

Thanks for the advice and the first helpful post Big grin In your experience how much did you take and did you use any kind of extraction?

I whole heartily agree that the plants must be respected, just like any other teacher. Thumbs up

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced; live your life so that when you pass, the world cries and you rejoice.

Only those who are willing to go too far can possibly find out how far one can go.

DeDao
#10 Posted : 1/30/2013 8:37:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have taken any where from 9" to 25" they are different.

I always use a tea extraction. I have though about extracting further but changed my mind because I would like to stay within traditional guidelines.
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Lumos
#11 Posted : 1/30/2013 9:11:37 PM

Ya that is my line of thought too, I'd like to try an extraction, but I like to hold true to the traditional ways.

Was there any nausea with the tea?

ipumaestro
#12 Posted : 1/31/2013 1:14:26 AM

catdestined

cactus usually gives nausea in every form
achuma puma

Lumos
#13 Posted : 1/31/2013 1:25:04 AM

Well I know that, I mean to what extent?

nicechrisman
#14 Posted : 1/31/2013 1:35:00 AM

Kin

Tea makes me vomit pretty much every time. Usually just once or twice and for not that long. I find it easier to take than resins and tars myself because my stomach absorbs it more quickly. Just have to fight back that initial gag reflex to hold it down long enough. I find smoking marijuana helps as well as taking a bite of raw ginger after each shot of tea. I like to lie down between shots for a bit to let my stomach settle. I also like to spit out any saliva that forms in my mouth after I've thoroughly swallowed the tea.

Some of the most intense and rewarding parts of my trips have been the "purging" part. It cannot be explained if you haven't experienced it.
Nagdeo

Lumos
#15 Posted : 1/31/2013 1:42:09 AM

I agree, I am very familiar with the purge of Ayahuasca, so would you say that you get the most out of making tea?

nicechrisman
#16 Posted : 1/31/2013 1:44:03 AM

Kin

I've found it works best for me, but it seems everyone is a bit different. It took me a few tries to really figure out what works best for me. I still haven't tried ayahuasca yet (have some in my closet) so I can't compare, but it seems many people see a similar value in the purge
Nagdeo

DeDao
#17 Posted : 1/31/2013 1:55:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Lumos, it works with everyone in unique ways. Most people say they purge. I don't have any purge of the tea. I get heart burn and slight acidic-feeling and uneasy feeling for about 5 hours. From there on out it's a little hard when you break your fast, assuming you fast.

Sometimes you have to just set scene and feel comfortable and jump in. If you are REALLY worried. Don't dose now.

You will dose when you are ready. Either way God will still be here when you are ready!

Wink

Lumos
#18 Posted : 1/31/2013 2:20:31 AM

I'm defiantly not worried about the trip, I've use mescalin in various forms before, and the purge does not really bother me; I've taken HBWS and not thrown up. I think I would like to try doing the crude extraction on the wiki and make some tea.

Has anyone tried that crude extraction technique?

ipumaestro
#19 Posted : 1/31/2013 7:34:32 PM

catdestined

yes, pretty much every form of cactus ingest able has been produced by members of this forum. they all have some degree of nausea, especially at higher doses

everyones got a preference and often they change over time, might as well start with something simple and work your way from there.

ipuma rarely purges, so far 5 times in 5 years, most of them were the first couple months too
achuma puma

Lumos
#20 Posted : 1/31/2013 11:02:25 PM

Does anyone have any experiences they can share?

12NEXT