We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Anybody here gave up their car. Options

Solar Jetman
#1 Posted : 1/24/2013 10:59:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I stopped driving last summer and brought a decent mountain bike to commute and get about.

I tell you what though, I have never felt as good as I have in years. I've been driving for nearly half my life and my health suffered a gradual decline over the years.

Also I got more cash in my pocket.

Anyone else gave up driving?
The theory of drugs being dangerous and lethal developed a hole when Keith Richards was born.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Botanical Bliss
#2 Posted : 1/25/2013 12:09:17 AM

SeeingFacesInManyPlaces

I would love to be able to travel by bike everywhere but where I live that isn't feasible on a regular basis. If I lived in a city I would definitely have a bike but cities don't appeal to me like they did in my young teenage skateboarding days lol.
[center]Sophia's Light

In darkest night, when lights are dim, and all in sight seems sad and grim,
I find you there, your arms surround me, your spirit fills me and it grounds me.
I look to you, Lady of Truth, most ancient One, yet eternal youth,to keep me safe, protect my heart,and with the wisdom you impart, fill up my empty mind and soul,so that, my Lover, you can make whole, all that was broken in this day –and that is what I ask and pray.

soulfood
#3 Posted : 1/25/2013 12:35:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I never even learned to drive.

I try to set myself up so I don't have to. Good for me, good for everyone Smile

jamie
#4 Posted : 1/25/2013 1:06:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yeah..for about 5 years. I swore off cars when I was like 21..

Then I got sick of paying way way too much to never get a seat on the bus, having to lug 2 skimboards and wetsuit around on the bus, not being able to go anywhere in BC I want any time I want..winter bus rides with my snowboard and pack and having to stand there while paying 10 bucks a day just for the bus..not to mention the fact that they wont even let me on the bus with my surfboard if the wind is really blowing or I want to catch a ferry to the island..

So, after 5 years of that I got a car again 3 years ago..not like it costs much more at all to drive a car anyway around here. 5 bucks for a bus ticket is kinda rediculous..

I dont live downtown in the city though..so trying to bus everywhere is not practical anyway at this point. I only plan on going farther away still from populated areas.
Long live the unwoke.