We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Outbound links Options

d*l*b
#1 Posted : 3/17/2009 1:15:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would it be a good idea to anonymise outbound links from the Nexus using a system like anonym.to or similar?
D × V × F > R

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

d*l*b
#2 Posted : 4/8/2009 7:30:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry to bump this...

Looking at some newspaper article links and a Limonene supplier thread I thought about this again.

Personally I copy and paste links manually to remove referer info.

Adding anonym.to or similar is very simple and would save undue attention in the case of many links.

In the case of anonym.to all you need to do is include the following to each document:

Code:
<script src="http://js.anonym.to/anonym/anonymize.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
protected_links = "";

auto_anonymize();
//--></script>
D × V × F > R

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 4/8/2009 9:14:24 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

The problem I have with this is this question: How reliable and trustworthy is anonym.to?

d*l*b
#4 Posted : 4/8/2009 10:38:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I had actually wondered that myself.

I guess if a solution like that (I don't endorse anonym.to, it's just one I've used on another board) was to be used you would want have a look into the company.

At the extreme end of things services like these could be honey pots, at the less extreme end of things, but nevertheless worrying, how do you know what they do with logfiles?

I don't know the answer to these questions, and haven't looked into them. I could post at the forum I have used and see how they decided to use that service.

A rather more lo-fi technique that was used previously to them setting up the anonymisation service was simply banning live links. Links were previously formatted like

hxxp://link.there/

or by styling links with bold tags or similar. Quite a lot of hassle to moderate, really.

I suppose the safest bet of all would be to find a script, or someone to write one, that would do the anonymisation or link-killing on your server, under your control.
D × V × F > R