We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
5meoNMT Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 1/23/2013 7:23:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I cant find much of anything out there on this alkaloid..other than one report I think of a guy who had 1mg either IM or IV and found it overwhelming.

I know that the sample of wild arundinacea extract I sent to endless for testing last year came back with more 5meoNMT than it did DMT or NMT..and no 5meoDMT..and a significant beta carboline content..

I tested extracts from wild grass in the same area on myself a handful of times, from samples throughout the season. The stuff harvest in late fall, as it was yellowing just after a light snowfall was the strongest.

It had effects very similar to what I would expect of 5meoDMT, though that is one tryptamine I have never had a pure verified sample to work with so I cant say. I know the beta carboline content is reported to go way up in ardundinacea as the season progresses so that could be a factor..but I cant help but wonder what impact any 5meoNMT present could have had.

Within seconds of vaping the yellow waxy extract I fell back and felt a pressure building in my pineal area, then both felt and heard a "pop" in that same area..then huge ammounts of energy rushing through my body..very challenging psychedelic and energetic headspace with no visuals at all other than a red tinted sort of light with my eyes closed(in a lit room). Not like DMT..but definatly a trptamine feel to it and definatly a psychedelic.

Obviously, this is not the effect of one single alkaloid..but I bet 5meoNMT in isolation would be a very interesting tryptamine to work with.

Extracts from grass harvested at the same location at different times of the year varried from short lived, very light DMT like visuals and tryptamine headspace..to nothing but restless stimulation..

Im gunna work with this grass more over the next year once the growth season starts up again and I will have the ability to do some TLC work with it..just need to track down a few more chemicals for the TLC..5meoNMT is going to be my focus for this wild strain though and it would be cool to see some tests done on wild arundinacea from other areas around the world to see if this tryptamine shows up there as well..and then we can figure out how to isolate the stuff.
Long live the unwoke.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 1/24/2013 4:58:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

here is a link to the wiki on 5meoNMT

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/5-MeO-NMT

I cant find the report online of the guy who IV'd a mg..if anyone knows of that report can you post it here?
Long live the unwoke.

MoonMan79
#3 Posted : 1/24/2013 1:54:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

THX Jamie for working on it! 5MeoNMT seems to be a hidden member of our beloved tryptamines!

Ilex
#4 Posted : 1/24/2013 9:15:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You've got to wonder if the beta-carboline content of Phalaris makes all the difference. I would think that 5-MeO-NMT would be more susceptible to rapid metabolism by MAO than 5-MeO-DMT, since only one methyl group has to be lopped off.

This is a fascinating topic, looking at how the alkaloid composition of the grass can vary over the course of a season, and from location to location. I played around with some Phalaris arundinacea extracts (from a cultivated variety, not a wild type) and found that it did have some tryptamine feeling aspects to it, but after the initial "flash" passed there was a residual effect lasting for a couple hours. I figured that the beta-carbolines were probably responsible.

"Within seconds of vaping the yellow waxy extract I fell back and felt a pressure building in my pineal area, then both felt and heard a "pop" in that same area..then huge ammounts of energy rushing through my body..very challenging psychedelic and energetic headspace with no visuals at all other than a red tinted sort of light with my eyes closed(in a lit room). Not like DMT..but definatly a trptamine feel to it and definatly a psychedelic. "
The effects you got do sound consistent with 5-MeO-DMT.

I know of some wild patches of Phalaris arundinacea around, I'd be happy to send you samples harvested at different times of year if you get your requirements for TLC sorted.

jamie
#5 Posted : 1/24/2013 10:56:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I had expected 5meoDMT to be in the sample for sure..but the sample I bioassayed was a few years earlier than the stuff I sent to endless..same time of year and same area though..but its possible the stuff I smoked had some 5meoDMT in there while the stuff endless tested had none.

Some small samples in the summer and then later on in the season, fall or w/e would be cool..I think tryptamine levels peak mid season..so in the summer and then they fall as the beta carboline levels rise towards the end of the season. I have endless ammounts of wild grass to work with but it's best to test from a few different climates etc..

Long live the unwoke.

nen888
#6 Posted : 1/24/2013 11:43:41 PM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

jamie wrote:
here is a link to the wiki on 5meoNMT

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/5-MeO-NMT

I cant find the report online of the guy who IV'd a mg..if anyone knows of that report can you post it here?

..bluelight, where the report came from, have annoyingly ditched old archive threads! ahh! it was 2006 [http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=283967 - but it's gone dead in the last year]
..will have to contact admin i guess..
all the somewhat dubious report said was that he had obtained 5meoNMT (there was no data on proof of compound) and injected 1mg, leading to buzzing and burning sensations in the forehead, which scared him and convinced him that 'nmt can't be entheogenic' and he wasn't prepared to try any more..all in all a bit dodgy..

there's no confirmable human bioassay of 5meoNMT, nor any findings as yet in urine/blood etc..

the animal data (refs in the nexus-wiki) suggest it is 2-3 times more potent than NMT, and faster acting..

i've been looking out for this compound for years..it isn't as common as NMT in plants..
great that you've actually found some jamie..!Smile