We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
STB; ratio of MHRB to ml of basic solution for best yields Options

damiana
#1 Posted : 3/15/2009 9:06:30 PM

Cosmic Dragon

If everyone/anyone could please post any results they may have regarding the amount of MHRB used with the amount of lye/water solution used(ratio) and post the yields from each ratio that would be fantastic for everyone. That way we could all analyze the data and figure out the best ratio for best yields(not forgetting that the root bark differs in dmt %). Unless someone already knows.

Thanks All!
PEACE

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 3/15/2009 9:48:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

honestly, it doesnt make sooo much of a difference in SWIM's experience..

SWIM already did extractions with 1g bark:1g lye:15ml water, and it worked fine.. He also did 1g bark:0.7g lye: 15ml water, also worked fine. He already also did 1g bark:0.3g lye: 9ml water, also worked no prob.. All of them he got around 1% yield

less water makes separation of solvent slower, but doesnt affect the yield. SWIM has heard that with less water than 1:1:15, the solvent doesnt separate at all, it gets trapped in the thick mimosa acqueous layer, but it never happened to him.

Less lye, with powdered bark, also doesnt make so much of a difference, at most it increases the chances of emulsions, but SWIM stirs and doesnt shake, and the few times it did happen he either added a bit more lye or pure salt and it made the emulsions disappear

at least thats how it went for SWIM

tolu
#3 Posted : 3/15/2009 9:55:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

damiana wrote:
If everyone/anyone could please post any results they may have regarding the amount of MHRB used with the amount of lye/water solution used(ratio) and post the yields from each ratio that would be fantastic for everyone. That way we could all analyze the data and figure out the best ratio for best yields(not forgetting that the root bark differs in dmt %). Unless someone already knows.

Thanks All!

Hah, been to Mycotopia recently? This exact topic came up.
The best answer was that you want enough water for the naphtha to easily separate, which in turn gives better pulls thus a higher yield.
The general agreement is what Noman and Vortex state in their teks, 1 gram of lye with 15ml of water per gram of MHRB.
Yield results are dependent on many more factors, not just lye:water:mhrb ratio, so I don't think you'll get any yield results with regard to ratio that are worth noting.

damiana
#4 Posted : 3/15/2009 10:53:39 PM

Cosmic Dragon

wow cool thanks for the help guys. SWIM is gonna do a STB tek soon. let you'll know how it goes.
PEACE

Guards951
#5 Posted : 3/21/2009 8:20:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Yield results are dependent on many more factors, not just lye:water:MHRB ratio, so I don't think you'll get any yield results with regard to ratio that are worth noting."

Could you elaborate?
4 3 2 1
Earth below us
drifting falling
floating weightless
calling calling home...
- Peter Schilling

endlessness
#6 Posted : 3/21/2009 8:24:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well for example it depends on the temperatures (warmer solvents pull more), on the size and quantity of pulls, on the solvent, on the quality of the rootbark and so on.

Guards951
#7 Posted : 3/21/2009 8:28:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
well for example it depends on the temperatures (warmer solvents pull more), on the size and quantity of pulls, on the solvent, on the quality of the rootbark and so on.

Good stuff, thanks! SWIM needs to search warming up solvents. There must be an optimum temperature.
4 3 2 1
Earth below us
drifting falling
floating weightless
calling calling home...
- Peter Schilling

69ron
#8 Posted : 3/21/2009 9:09:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The ratio of basic water solution to MHRB for best yields is zero ml of free water to MHRB.

A dry tech produces better results for DMT because freebase DMT is slightly soluble in basic solutions.

You can get better yields mixing your 100 grams of dry finely powdered MHRB with 25 grams of calcium hydroxide, and then adding just enough water to make it wet but not soggy or dripping wet, about as wet as cookie dough. Then mix the thick stuff thoroughly for about 5 minutes and let it sit a few hours mixing occasionally. It will be hard to mix. It will take some muscle. You’ll need a heavy wooden spoon or a cookie dough mixing machine to mix it. Then mix in your naphtha (or d-limonene) thoroughly for about 5 minutes and let it sit a few hours and then collect the naphtha by decanting it. If you did it correctly, no water should come out of the MHRB/Calcium mix. If any water comes out, you used too much water.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

damiana
#9 Posted : 3/22/2009 12:42:05 AM

Cosmic Dragon

could this be done with xylene in place of naphtha?
PEACE

69ron
#10 Posted : 3/22/2009 1:10:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes. But naphtha produces a cleaner product.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

obliguhl
#11 Posted : 3/22/2009 10:43:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Why isn't everyone doing the drytek then? It seems to me even easier than a regular STB extraction a la noman.

1.How many pulls are necessary and how big should they be? Should Swim proceed like with a regular STB (1ml/g bark, 6-8 pulls) ?

2.Would it help to heat the naphta?

3.Can lye be used (different ratio as with regular STB?)

Just to clarify it: All one has to do is to mix bark+clacium hydroxide like cookie dough with a bit of water (just enough that it mixes) for a while before pulling with naptha?

No huge amounts of basified liquid? No seperation necessary? And higher yields?

It seems to good to be true!!

damiana
#12 Posted : 3/23/2009 1:39:56 AM

Cosmic Dragon

yeah so ron what are the percentage's swiy is getting with this tek? most people now would love to find a tek with the best yields for convenience. I read that A/B teks that reuse the bark over and over until no more pink acid water is coming out of it can get almost 2% yields. this takes more work but its worth it. and most STB teks can get around 1.3% depending on the bark of course. and wet STB teks using xylene which is then mixed with fasa to salt out the dmt seems to be an easy tek that yields around 1% and more. how does the STB drytek fit in here and is it harder or not?
PEACE

69ron
#13 Posted : 3/23/2009 7:28:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The yields are higher than all the other techs SWIM tried but vary by the potency of the bark used so quoting some arbitrary number from some highly potent batch of bark is meaningless unless you also have that batch of bark.

It’s simple physics. DMT is slightly water soluble so whenever there's water present in the freebasing stage the yields are reduced. You simply cannot get better yields with a non-dry tech because of that fact.

When I get around to it I’ll post the tech with all the proper detail and whatnot. Right now SWIM is too busy with mescaline to bother with DMT. Look at the mescaline techs I recently posted. People are getting fantastic results from those because they are dry techs. It’s the same thing with DMT. You’ll get higher yields with far less work, and no heat needed at all. The dry tech SWIM uses for DMT is pretty much the same as the dry tech for mescaline, with just a few alterations.

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 3/23/2009 8:47:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Fantastic. Will it be different from SWIYs double A/B tek ? Does SWYI already know the details or does he need to work them out. My friend (forgive him, he's a little impudent sometimes) wants to know if SWIY can estimate the time before having the time, because he might do an extraction in a couple of weeks (he's already bought some plane tickets to brazil, to do it legally, so he can't wait longer)

SWIYs constributions has been invaluable so far, and that beeing said without trying to kiss his ass.

tolu
#15 Posted : 3/24/2009 11:12:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
Why isn't everyone doing the drytek then? It seems to me even easier than a regular STB extraction a la noman.

1.How many pulls are necessary and how big should they be? Should Swim proceed like with a regular STB (1ml/g bark, 6-8 pulls) ?

2.Would it help to heat the naphta?

3.Can lye be used (different ratio as with regular STB?)

Just to clarify it: All one has to do is to mix bark+clacium hydroxide like cookie dough with a bit of water (just enough that it mixes) for a while before pulling with naptha?

No huge amounts of basified liquid? No seperation necessary? And higher yields?

It seems to good to be true!!

This tek is new to me too, but I'll try to answer your questions.

1. Anything between 150-300ml as usual. I imagine you should keep pulling until next to no DMT is being left after evaporating.
2. I think, like STB, heating it won't really be necessary, as you're likely to pull a fair amount of fats/oils that you don't really want.
3. Lye is actually unnecessary, which is an advantage. I imagine it can be used but one of the bonuses of the tek, I believe, is the benefit of avoiding lye.

Yes you're correct, except I'm not so sure about higher yield, I've heard 1%, which is roughly what's achieved with STB and A/B

obliguhl
#16 Posted : 3/27/2009 8:03:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for helping out!
150-300ml ...for every amount of bark? Shouldn't SWIM use more Solvent for more bark? Well, you could just pull and pull till there's nothing left, but it takes a couple of hours before decanting as I see it, so a higher amount of solvent should be more time efficient, no?

I'd really like to find out how lye compares, just because SWIM got quite some lye and he would hate to waste it. Is it possible to use it in the same ratio (25g per 100g bark) ?

SWIMs willing to compare both methods with the same bark, if he manages to get his head around drytek.

obliguhl
#17 Posted : 3/29/2009 3:44:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've read that the ph of edible lime is 12.4 and that of lye 14.
This concludes that SWIM could use something like 20g lye per 100g of bark?

tolu
#18 Posted : 3/30/2009 7:51:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I don't see anything wrong with using lye. 69ron stated that he didn't recommend it, however he didn't give a reason. Hopefully he'll be able to clear that up for us.
My assumption is that he didn't recommend it due to the possibility of hurting yourself with it. Not because it won't work in this tek.

69ron
#19 Posted : 3/31/2009 2:48:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, lye is just very dangerous, that's all. It's also a locally watched chemical in some parts of the US. Why subject yourself to the risk of personal injury and getting reported to the police as a potential meth cook? I really don't recommend using it. Those are two very good reasons to stay clear of it.

tolu
#20 Posted : 3/31/2009 6:23:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Yeah, lye is just very dangerous, that's all. It's also a locally watched chemical in some parts of the US. Why subject yourself to the risk of personal injury and getting reported to the police as a potential meth cook? I really don't recommend using it. Those are two very good reasons to stay clear of it.

In all fairness, that's subjective and dependent on the aforementioned variables.
But overall I agree, non-toxic and non-watched chemicals are definitely the way to go; but definitely utilize what you already have.
My friend will start using "drytek" once she's out of lye.
She will do the drytek on 33 grams of bark sometime this week to test it.

The NP solvent isn't supposed to separate like with STB or A/B methods though is it?

12NEXT