We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Extraction vs. Tea/resin Options

nicechrisman
#41 Posted : 1/19/2013 1:51:48 AM

Kin

I agree. The for me the first time wasn't too bad (probably not brewed that strong), but after the next 2 times, just the thought of it made me want to vomit. I then tried a couple different tar methods, and decided I wasn't satisfied with how it worked for me. Now I'm back to tea as a preferred method. After you hold your nose and force it a couple times, it starts to become not such a big deal. The main thing is just getting past that initial gag reflex. Smoking lots of marijuana seems to help me as does a bite of ginger after each shot of tea.
Nagdeo

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Mr.Peabody
#42 Posted : 1/19/2013 4:14:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll never forget my first tea made with my torch. It was unbelievable! It would be super nice if I could get to where phlux is, not having nausea and not hating the taste. But maybe, it could take less than a few years.....

Smoking lots of marijuana seems to be the only way I could keep the tea/resin down! But the first time I smoked some with the cactus, I vowed on that fateful, brilliant day to never ever have cactus without my weed handy again! I love how it helped paint the experience!
Be an adult only when necessary.

JourneyToJah
#43 Posted : 1/19/2013 10:11:10 AM

Free Spirit

Personally I never got sick neither with tea nor resin. I dont love the taste but when Im doing tea I just get it down in one swallow and the smoke some MJ and keep down and control my breathing.

Also, I do a dieta before startng the ceremony. The day before eat just what you would feed a baby ( i.e. no sugars, no processed foods, mashed fruits and such. ) and the day of the ceremony I dont eat anything, only about an hour after I took the resin/tea, starting maybe with a soup or just eat some bread ( it will absorb the mesc and get it trough your body more "dosified" ) or coffee ( no sugar no milk ).
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff

Phlux-
#44 Posted : 1/19/2013 10:34:06 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

with a good tea - after drinking it - there is no nausea until 45 minutes after sipping the cup - then there is instant strong nausea - which causes a quick purge which is over within a few minutes - then after that there is absolutely no nausea or anything.

the purge is to be embraced - would drink cactus tea for that alone.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Mr.Peabody
#45 Posted : 1/22/2013 12:06:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cactus has never been an easy purge, for me. The teas weren't bad on me once they were down. The last trip with resin made me sick as hell, but no purge. I tried so hard to make it happen, but it didn't want to! All I wanted was for my stomach to feel good again! So I smoked some more weed.

Tis a tough lot in life, to have to smoke weed. Big grin

Parshvik Chintan
#46 Posted : 1/26/2013 9:42:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr.Peabody wrote:
Tis a tough lot in life, to have to smoke weed. Big grin

oh, the burden.

this suffering is too much to bear
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Mr.Peabody
#47 Posted : 1/27/2013 2:43:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^^^ Yeah, exactly!Laughing

Phlux-
#48 Posted : 1/30/2013 1:06:19 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

to me the purge from cactus is the easiest - it feels as if im just exhailing - short lasting too - 5 mins later its all out of me and the nausea is gone.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

nicechrisman
#49 Posted : 1/30/2013 4:44:07 PM

Kin

sometimes I'll get a purge, then another one a little bit later, but like you said, it's not a big deal. Very small price to pay
Nagdeo

Mr.Peabody
#50 Posted : 2/18/2013 7:57:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, I can finally fully comment on this thread I started! Laughing

So, I am quite familiar with tea and crude water extracted resin. I finally got the opportunity to try out a fairly pure extract of San Pedro. It definitely was not pure mescaline, as it had a fair amount of color to it.

To prepare it, I followed a recipe outlined by Phlux. I made a tea, reduced it, basified it, pulled with xylene, salted with HCl, and performed an acetone wash on it once.

I consumed 270 mg of the final extraction. Talk about a good trip! It was smooth, deep, insightful and beautiful. I really didn't feel much lacking compared to a full spectrum tea or resin. I still clearly felt and was in contact with the spirit of the cactus. This is definitely my favorite way to go about this. I know the purge is beneficial, but I sure hate fighting my gut to keep down resin or tea long enough for it to work its magic. I had slight amounts of nausea with this, but nothing bad. I didn't even need any weed! Still had some, though. Big grin

Another huge benefit to me is that I know what I'm getting. Rolling the dice can be fun at times, but I get so few chances to trip with how my life is. It sure is nice having one more way to help make sure I have a good trip. It's always lame eating resin or tea, and finding out after all that work, that it was lacking in potency, or worse, it's way too potent (which I had fun with back in December).

So, for me, this is the way I'll be doing it most of the time. I think I'll always do the tea or resin from time to time, when I'm feeling traditional or feeling more spiritual.

oneistheall
#51 Posted : 2/18/2013 11:58:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

go for 600-700mg in a place of power like a lake, waterfall, river or forest
im just a blue reindeer, dont listen to me, listen to her:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ABIkH7m0s

Jees
#52 Posted : 2/18/2013 3:48:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr.P., how was the yield please?
Thx for the write.

Mr.Peabody
#53 Posted : 2/18/2013 5:22:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am actually not done pulling. I have pulled 4 times, after each pull adding more NaOH. The last pull was the best yet, which tells me I still have more in there. I just haven't had the time to work on it lately.

I started with 750 grams of fresh cactus, minus the outer skin. So far I have pulled 750 mg of good stuff. So, pretty decent 1% yield already!

And oneistheall,
I'll have to be in a really good place in life to attempt that one. My one rough ride with Pedro was from having too much. I know how cool it could be, though! I'm definitely going to do it one day.

Kash
#54 Posted : 2/18/2013 5:50:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Mr.Peabody wrote:

I started with 750 grams of fresh cactus, minus the outer skin. So far I have pulled 750 mg of good stuff. So, pretty decent 1% yield already!

That is .1%, still not bad for fresh weight though. Im with oneistheall, go for a nice 600-700mg dose. Mescaline is pretty friendly feeling and you cant really take too much. SWIM is going for 800mg soon. Very happy
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Mr.Peabody
#55 Posted : 2/18/2013 7:08:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, right! I forgot had put it in terms of if I had dried it (so it would be about 75g starting), as that seems to be the most common method. 1% from dried cactus is average from what I can tell, so I'm glad I've got good cactus!

I will do a 600-700! I think I'd like to work my way up to it, though. I want to take in all the sights on my way.Smile

ipumaestro
#56 Posted : 2/18/2013 8:16:12 PM

catdestined

try 200 mgs to get threshold effects (6-8 hours)

then 350 to observe mild psychedelia (8 hours)

then 500 to experience moderate psychedelia (10 hours

then 750 to experience threshold entheogenic (10 hours)

a gram leaves me borderline egoic, but in waves (12 hours)

1.5 g seems to be where ipuma loses himself for hours t+3-t+7 (14 hours)

2+ g was the most intense psychedelic/ entheogenic experience ipuma knowingly dosed with, albeit had no idea the extent of what was to come for the next 20 hours
achuma puma

Mr.Peabody
#57 Posted : 2/19/2013 12:49:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That is unbelievable! I doubt if I'd ever do 2 g's.... Maybe a g if I was feeling strong. I seem to have a fairly low tolerance to mescaline. That 270 mg left me tripping pretty hard during the peak and still feeling it well over 12 hours later.

I'd probably be tripping for days at 2 g. As it is, I usually start feeling a bit over stimulated at times from mescaline, due to the duration of the experience.

Can you even remember anything from 2g?

ipumaestro
#58 Posted : 2/19/2013 3:36:33 AM

catdestined

the things i remember are but a glimpse of the lives i lived during that experience. multiple localized consciousness simultaneously experiencing sensory subjectively brought unfathomable awareness.
achuma puma

Kash
#59 Posted : 2/20/2013 6:13:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

SWIM says that he likes how long it lasts with higher doses, and how incredibly vivid visionary dreams may be experienced while sleeping days after the experience.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Once
#60 Posted : 4/16/2013 1:50:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Any of you guys ever dose both Mesc HCL and Tea? Right now I have 500mg of nice tan HCL and a fresh tea made from 16" of a Peruvianus x SS02 that was damaged in a recent move. I haven't tested this cactus, so I have no idea how potent it is. My plan for an upcoming camping trip is to take 200mg HCL and then sip the tea until I can't stand taking any more.
My thinking is that the HCL will deliver me a surefire baseline amount, and that the tea will provide the full cacti experience. My standard dose is between 450mg-650mg HCL and I am very comfortable in this range.
Any thoughts or personal experiences with this kind of combo?
All statements made by Once have no basis in reality, if reality even exists.

PREV1234NEXT