We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV1234NEXT
Extraction vs. Tea/resin Options

JourneyToJah
#21 Posted : 1/12/2013 2:41:17 PM

Free Spirit

if the resin is gooey you can mix it with some bread crumbles to dry it and make it easier to get down Smile

i never extracted mescaline but i like the traditional tea/resin. it is hard to get to a perfect cook of resin but i think it is worth while. once you get it good its magical Smile

my strongest experience was with 20g resin and a cup of tea. i do think some other alkaloids stay in the resin along with the mescaline, it cant be pure mesc.
With these hands I have killed man and destroyed hopes and dreams. But when I open these hands I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. It's not the path that we take but the choices that we make along that path that makes us who we are. -Waugriff

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

ipumaestro
#22 Posted : 1/12/2013 3:27:42 PM

catdestined

rather than using bread crumbs to make it drier, add cacti powder

also dried resin is probably not going to powder without EXCESSIVE effort
achuma puma

Mr.Peabody
#23 Posted : 1/12/2013 6:02:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
i do think some other alkaloids stay in the resin along with the mescaline, it cant be pure mesc.

All of the water soluble ones do!

So my best batch, I made as a double batch. The first half I drank as tea. It went well, but I realized tea is not for me. The second half I reduced to a resin. It worked even better. My latest attempt was about 20 00 size gel caps full of resin. It turned out to be a sub-breakthrough dose that knocked my socks off. The bad part was, it was my buddy's first time with cactus, and we both ended up with more than we bargained for. It wasn't his first time tripping, so we made it though ok. But man, when things go bad with cactus, and you're well aware that you've got at least another 10 hours like that, it's pretty unnerving.

I just wasn't expecting this, as I'm used to it being underwhelming, rather than over. Should have known, though. Those were some fat old Pedros. They are a good 6 inch diameter. They are short spined, so I'm quite sure they're Pedro, as I have a Torch of my own. So far my torch has been my favorite cactus trip, but I'll have to wait until the end of this summer at least for that guy to grow out.

So the unknown dose of resin I think is why I'm leaning toward trying extracting. Maybe then I'll be able to fully contribute to this thread, as well!
Be an adult only when necessary.

Jees
#24 Posted : 1/12/2013 7:07:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ipumaestro wrote:
...also dried resin is probably not going to powder without EXCESSIVE effort

I guess so, but this is my friend:

ipumaestro
#25 Posted : 1/12/2013 7:27:08 PM

catdestined

why not just roll it into small balls instead of encapsulating it, then you have water soluble pills
achuma puma

Jees
#26 Posted : 1/12/2013 7:36:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hopefully it does not just fall apart.

ipumaestro
#27 Posted : 1/12/2013 7:53:54 PM

catdestined

do it while the resin is still warm and malleable. theyll harden and not fall apart
achuma puma

Jees
#28 Posted : 1/12/2013 8:04:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Using the properties of the material, quite smart, thanks.

ipumaestro
#29 Posted : 1/12/2013 8:11:12 PM

catdestined

Jees wrote:
Using the properties of the material, quite smart, thanks.

:3

be sure to roll them about a half cm in diameter lest they are too large to swallow comfortably

once they harden (provided they are anhydrous) they will only be malleable once heated
achuma puma

Mr.Peabody
#30 Posted : 1/13/2013 12:35:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

And a quick note on working with the resin when it's sticky. If you don't have any dried cactus powder around, flour works really well to keep it from sticking. It's unbelievably sticky and nearly impossible to mess with without some kind of powder, I have found.

ipumaestro
#31 Posted : 1/13/2013 12:44:49 AM

catdestined

if one was to add a substance to cactus resin that wasnt cactus, ipuma would suggest powdered ginger to preemptively relief stomach discomfort
achuma puma

CuriousSeeker
#32 Posted : 1/13/2013 7:56:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had the most successful trips using tea, but the taste...just thinking about the taste will induce a gag reflex, even months later. A swallow of unsweetened grapefruit juice after each gulp of cactus tea helps, some.

In response to this I worked with limetek extractions, learning how to navigate the many pitfalls, and have gotten good results, but the trips are different than from tea, they seem to be less intense and less colorful. The difference is large enough that my next cactus encounter will likely be using tea. Cactus teas have blown me away like no other entheogen.

I have tried resin once and seemed to get all the bad side effects (body load, headache) with none of the good. Bad cactus, maybe?

Regarding nausea, I've actually had much worse nausea with extracts than with tea, though with less body load (muscle tension and aching joints) otherwise.

It takes a while to figure this all out! Good luck to my fellow cactus heads!
A scale is a wonderful thing. Everything else posted by CS is lunatic fiction.

ipumaestro
#33 Posted : 1/13/2013 10:52:49 PM

catdestined

CuriousSeeker wrote:
I've had the most successful trips using tea, but the taste...just thinking about the taste will induce a gag reflex, even months later. A swallow of unsweetened grapefruit juice after each gulp of cactus tea helps, some.

good advise here ;3
achuma puma

Ilex
#34 Posted : 1/16/2013 10:40:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can attest that the power of effects is much greater when ingesting tea or resin, than it is with isolated mescaline. I've done the tea thing quite a bit, probably my favourite way despite the taste (I suck on lime wedges to remove the bitter aftertaste). Tried the resin ball thing, they were all good except I formed them too big, and they were a hard pill to swallow. Having tried isolated mescaline, I would take the tea over it any day. Way more depth, more body load like nausea too but that's all part of the medicine.

ipumaestro
#35 Posted : 1/16/2013 2:14:52 PM

catdestined

Ilex wrote:
I can attest that the power of effects is much greater when ingesting rea or resin, than it is with isolated mescaline. I've done the tea thing quite a bit, probably my favourite way despite the taste (I suck on lime wedges to remove the bitter aftertaste). Tried the resin ball thing, they were all good except I formed them too big, and they were a hard pill to swallow. Having tried isolated mesacline, I would take the tea over it any day. Way more depth, more body load like nausea too but that's all part of the medicine.

here here, glad to see you in my favorite subforum ;p
achuma puma

Phlux-
#36 Posted : 1/18/2013 12:50:39 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

i found resin makes me feel dehydrated and bloated - when dehydrated and combined with equal amounts of acetone i removed 50% by weight cellulose- i posted the cleaning process on the nexus here.

tea varies so best to find a cactus that gives potent and clear headed tea - some torch have sedating alkaloids which are easy to separate if one extracts but as a tea - best to avoid it
also one doesn't want to make tea to consume out of many meters of torch because when reduced to a bearable amount - it is very thick and unpalatable.

extraction - once one finds a good technique - is about the best way to go for user friendliness

i love mesc hcl but i still have tea on occasion - to purge is very important.
with the tea i find most commonly - i contain it for 45 mins then - generously jackpot swiftly with a decent range too Very happy

some cactus contain lovely other visual alkaloids which kickin even before the purge - and when the mesc comes on they either add color or dissapear - its odd when they fade and one experiences half an hour of calm - before the storm
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Mr.Peabody
#37 Posted : 1/18/2013 6:15:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks! So is there a big difference in trip experience between Mescaline HCl or Acetate?

If I've read correctly, one would get acetate by salting with vinegar, and get HCL from hydrochloric acid?

ipumaestro
#38 Posted : 1/18/2013 7:11:32 AM

catdestined

Mr.Peabody wrote:

If I've read correctly, one would get acetate by salting with vinegar, and get HCL from hydrochloric acid?

correct
achuma puma

Bezerker
#39 Posted : 1/18/2013 9:40:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I too have felt that tea has a deeper or fuller experience compared to extracted material. Maybe theres some alkaloids that don't come out in a chemical extraction..idk

I can't down the tea/syrup anymore. Just the idea of drinking that stuff. Sick

Extracted material is mostly mescaline, but someone on the nook was able to isolate the other alkaloids. He called them "sedating alkaloids", but I forgot how he did it.

After a few STB extractions under your belt. You'll find its just as easy as making a tea/syrup.

I think mew said this:
"You have to learn how to make coffee, before you learn how to extract caffine."

So,
"You have to learn how to make pedro tea, before learning how to extract mesc."

Good luck!!
The bridge between goals and accomplishments....Self-discipline.

Phlux-
#40 Posted : 1/18/2013 10:45:23 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

i must agree with bezerker actually no mescaline dose has ever come close to my first 2 tea doses.
after tryin many preparations i found hcl to be my favorite as far as types of salt go.

i forced myself to drink tea for years until finally one day - i did not taste it anymore.
and now for the first time - i dont gag by just thinking about it and am allready planning my next tea session.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

PREV1234NEXT