We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What happens if Blind People take DMT ? Options

Landofshadows
#1 Posted : 1/9/2013 3:24:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi All,

Has there been a study on such ?

There was on LSD: http://mindhacks.com/200...ople-hallucinate-on-lsd/

Just be interesting if people that have never had sight took it, I guess that way people would know if it was out of body and spiritual or nero path way and memory created...

LoS
~Understanding other realms and mind states~

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

nen888
#2 Posted : 1/9/2013 3:51:22 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..i have always wanted to know the answer to this question..

a rather outgoing friend ( a few days after trying DMT) was once in a post office line next to a blind person..
he said he couldn't resist starting up a conversation and, within 5 minutes, mumbled about 'ever tried pyschedelics?'
..they person said no, but they once almost drowned and had a near death experience..
for 10 minutes THEY COULD SEE! (they were born blind)

..i leave you with that brief and true account..
wish i knew more..

nwosidsalp
#3 Posted : 1/9/2013 4:05:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Not DMT related, but there is a blind person in this documentary who has a near death/out of body experience with full vision:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8Ub2xx0KQ0

Landofshadows
#4 Posted : 1/9/2013 4:42:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi,

Some that have done deep meditation and astral projection have also stated to have had full vision... Or at least that's what I have found: http://www.astralpulse.c...ral_travel-t35268.0.html

So... if DMT is in deed the spirit molecule I would hope it proves the same.

LoS
~Understanding other realms and mind states~

cyb
#5 Posted : 1/9/2013 8:32:34 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Hi LoS
If you go to search and type 'blind' into the subject field...there are a number of great threads on this very subject...
Easier to do that than post links for you...
There's some good stuff in there.
Smile
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

The Traveler
#6 Posted : 1/9/2013 8:44:01 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

NativeSpirit
#7 Posted : 9/23/2013 6:29:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everybody Very happy

Haven't any of you thought about how interesting it would be if a person who has been blind since birth would smoke dmt, take ayahuasca or any other psychedelic ???

This would make us understand these substances much more.

Let's say that a given blind person would see similiar things in hyperspace as all the other non-blind people who have been there, then very likely dmt is allowing us to enter another dimension or reality and that these experiences aren't just a part of your own psyche reacting to environmental stimuli.

Has anyone heard of a blind person take any psychedelics or blast off to hyperspace ???

Peace from Iceland Big grin

MultiDimensionalTherapy
#8 Posted : 3/9/2015 5:00:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did a fast search in the forum, and didnt find this article, so im sharing it here.
i will share the whole article, and the report is inside. (its not my experience!)

Many scientific studies have been carried out which prove to a degree that blind people who could see for a number of years, reported having visual experiences under the influence of LSD. However, visual hallucinations were not reported by those who were born blind or who turned blind at an early age.

In contrast, mainstream science experiments on DMT and visually impaired individuals are on the rare side. Nonetheless a number of lay-people have tried ‘experiments’ of their own, and a number of them agree that blind people, even those born without sight, can see hallucinations. Also to be noted, a number of visually challenged people have reported visual near-death experiences, and it is said that the body secretes vast amounts of DMT at the point of death. Do the math.

Now this idea opens up a whole new box of monkeys that bang on glass windows, demanding to be let out…because if people who never had an ounce of sight, can SEE on DMT, then that pretty much indicates that the ‘hallucinations’ which accompany the drug, are not really hallucinations, but rather incidents that actually occur…perhaps in an alternative dimension. Yep, put on your thinking caps.

Below is one such account, which although is fascinating to read, should be taken with a healthy pinch of skepticism regarding its validity, anyway you be the judge:

“I had what is probably the greatest experience I’ve ever had today, and it wasn’t even my own, i had a couple points of DMT saved.

My buddy Coty was driven up here for Christmas by his brother yesterday, he is congenitally blind from birth. He was born with a type of disease i cannot pronounce or spell. He is a frequent cannabis smoker.

When I got up this morning we had a small breakfast of fruit, and then I removed the DMT and explained to him what it was, and the process, and that I had a theory…

His visual cortex is completely intact, but he just doesn’t have eyes, so he should be able to have a DMT experience, he has never had any true psychedelics before today, as the duration of the experiences put him off from it. My theory was that, never having had the experience of vision, he would not be able to describe what it was that happened, but I would be able to tell if it did based on his reaction.

So…I convinced him it was worth the 10 minutes it takes, and convinced him he would benefit for the experience. And if not, hell it’s only 10 minutes.

I helped guide him down to my pond, I set up some land chairs as it was in the upper 50s today and sunny, felt really nice. I loaded the bowl, gave it to him and helped him light it….he took three huge rips, holding each in probably 20 seconds.

Now Coty usually hold his eyes closed, the only time I’ve ever seen his eyes was when I first met him, he has to actively try to open them because it’s a movement he almost NEVER does, he does not have the muscle memory for it, so it take effort for him.

As soon as he let out the last hit his eyes opened, not just open they SHOT WIDE open, he leaned onto his knees out of the chair, how he could even move i not sure, but he started sobbing, he cried for about 7 minutes…

As suspected he cannot say anything but one word about the experience, ALL he can say, with sobbing tears, is “so beautiful, so beautiful, I can’t….I don’t….it’s just so beautiful”

This was about 10 hours ago….he’s still asking me if that is what seeing is….

How do I respond to that….He can’t describe what it is he saw…..but he saw….and he’s been blind from birth…i don’t know where I go from here, but we both feel as if we have uncovered something more profound than the experience itself.

I just thought I would leave this here as I have NO IDEA the implications of this, and I have no hope of ever getting an explanation of exactly what he experienced, as he has no means of comparison or contrast…
Healing someone is an act of love, but how can you love someone whitout loving yourself first?