We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV45678NEXT»
Non toxic food safe extraction of mescaline using d-limonene (orange oil) Options

69ron
#101 Posted : 3/29/2009 12:10:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's d-limonene never became cloudy after even a 4th pull with vinegar (a 4th pull is almost a waste of time). SWIM's also done the pulls with HCl and it never became cloudy. I suspect it's just unsettled water in the d-limonene making it look cloudy.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jorkest
#102 Posted : 3/29/2009 3:04:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

unsettled water?? there arent any bubbles of water that SWIM can see..and even after its been sitting for a few hours it remains cloudy...SWIM is still getting decent yields from each pull..but its just strange that nobody else is getting this...

SWIM is stirring it a LOT..gets the vinegar very broken up...and swirling around...but that settles immediately..but this cloudiness doesnt go away...do you suspect SWIM will lose yield because of this
it's a sound

69ron
#103 Posted : 3/29/2009 3:44:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't think there will be yield loss.

SWIM uses an electric stirrer to mix the vinegar and the d-limonene. He vortexes it for several minutes. It’s mixed very well at that point, but it settles down into two layers really fast. Sometimes the d-limonene is cloudy for a few minutes afterwards, but once all those micro-drops (you cannot see them) of vinegar settle down it’s clear again.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Jorkest
#104 Posted : 3/29/2009 4:13:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

well SWIM will just have to finish his extraction..hes getting two nice even layers..and is yielding active product...awesome active product...so perhaps its just the kind of cacti he has..and some things that arent soluble in vinegar are staying in the d-limo???
it's a sound

VisualDistortion
#105 Posted : 3/29/2009 6:12:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Man, you guys have my buddy SWIM all excited. SWIM is just waiting on his d-limonene and seperatory funnel. Oh, and SWIM bought a coffee grinder today. Great purchase!!!
You lock the door, and throw away the key

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Jorkest
#106 Posted : 3/29/2009 8:17:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

UPDATE: SWIM says that if he lets the vinegar and d-limo sit for awhile(hours) the cloudiness goes away..he thinks that this is just mescaline precipitating..and its just taking a long time to do so...
it's a sound

69ron
#107 Posted : 3/29/2009 10:28:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, SWIM lets it mix vigorously at a strong vortex on an electric stirrer for several minutes before separating them. Maybe SWIY is just not mixing it enough and this is causing some of the mescaline acetate to remain in the d-limonene for a while?

Jorkest
#108 Posted : 3/30/2009 2:49:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM mixes it very thoroughly for about 5 minutes...he gets all the vinegar completely mixed through the solution...and then lets it settle...the cloudiness happens to last for a few hours...and it seems like its because of the stirring...if he doesnt stir it as much..it doesnt become cloudy..but after a few hours it levels out...anyways...SWIM just got another 250mg from a 25ml vinegar pull..hes testing it as we speak..he says its oooooh so nice...SWIM loves this TEK...mescaline has become his new favorite...its so easy..and wonderful...thank SWIY so much for figuring out this tek dude
it's a sound

69ron
#109 Posted : 3/30/2009 4:14:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Keep in mind that this tech extracts pretty much ALL the alkaloids. What you experience from it is NOT mescaline, but a combination of all the alkaloids extracted from the cactus. I assure you that the effects are quite different from those of pure mescaline. The other tech I posted yields pure white odorless mescaline HCl.

You can take the results of this tech and make pure mescaline HCl from it. You simply dissolve the resulting acetates in a small amount of 10% HCl solution. For every 5 grams of acetates you add 1 gram of HCl, or 10 ml of 10% HCl solution. Then you evaporate it at about 200 F. Once it’s completely evaporated you wash it twice with acetone, and then once with 99% IPA and you’ll be left with 99% pure off white odorless mescaline. The effects are quite different. SWIM likes pure mescaline more.

Jorkest
#110 Posted : 3/30/2009 5:35:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh sweet...that seems pretty simple..SWIM did some tests last night..during the peak from this extract...he smoked about 10mg of bufotenine...it did increase the visual effects...and added its own body high as well...but as SWIY said earlier..that it just wasnt quite right for mescaline...it didnt mesh too well..and seemed to change the whole experience..not really making it worse..but it didnt get better by any means...he then tried smoking a small dose of dmt with it...and while it was cool...visuals...it did the same thing that the bufotenine did...just kinda muddled up the cacti extract...perhaps if he had smoked the dmt first it would have been better..but he will have to test that out again...

are there any other good combos that go well with mescaline(and friends)? SWIM for some reason loves combining things..

and how often can SWIM take mescaline? how long of a break should SWIM take before using it again for full effects...SWIM knows that he could most likely take it again today..but with slight decrease in the effects??
it's a sound

69ron
#111 Posted : 3/30/2009 6:25:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
oh sweet...that seems pretty simple..

Just don’t discard the acetone and 99% IPA washes. While completely free of mescaline, they are still psychedelic, but very different from mescaline.

Jorkest wrote:
SWIM did some tests last night..during the peak from this extract...he smoked about 10mg of bufotenine...it did increase the visual effects...and added its own body high as well...but as SWIY said earlier..that it just wasnt quite right for mescaline...it didnt mesh too well..and seemed to change the whole experience..not really making it worse..but it didnt get better by any means...he then tried smoking a small dose of dmt with it...and while it was cool...visuals...it did the same thing that the bufotenine did...just kinda muddled up the cacti extract...perhaps if he had smoked the dmt first it would have been better..but he will have to test that out again...

SWIM tried it twice with bufotenine, once with smoked bufotenine and an achuma extract and it was very unpleasant. SWIM tried it again with this extract to see if there would be any difference, and there was, and although it wasn’t unpleasant, the sublingual bufotenine just sort of took over. There was absolutely no enhancement of effects. It was like the bufotenine totally killed the effects of the cactus. They definitely don’t make much of a combo.

Jorkest wrote:
are there any other good combos that go well with mescaline(and friends)? SWIM for some reason loves combining things..

I’ve heard that some people really like acid with mescaline, but others kind it uncomfortable.

I’m interested in what sort of trip would result from a mix of a little HBWR and this San Pedro extract.

The combinations with mescaline that SWIM has tried that are very nice include very strong coffee, kola nut extract, yohimbe, and finally THH.

Coffee and kola nut go much better with PURE mescaline, but are fairly good with this impure alkaloid extract too. I believe it’s better with pure mescaline because the tyramine present in the impure extract doesn’t go so well with caffeine. Small doses of pure mescaline are fantastic with coffee.

200 mg of THH goes really well with mescaline. It makes it about twice as strong, and makes it a very smooth relaxed peaceful experience. It completely blocks the stimulant effects of mescaline, makes it more euphoric and more visual. It’s a little like ayahuasca in some ways but then very different in other ways. It’s hard to explain.

I’ve heard that ginger root enhances the effects of mescaline. That could be just a rumor though.

I’ve read many times that small amounts of datura stramonium enhance the effects of mescaline (as well as nearly all other psychedelics). But be careful with datura, it can be very unpleasant at high doses, make you delirious, and even kill you.

Jorkest wrote:
and how often can SWIM take mescaline? how long of a break should SWIM take before using it again for full effects...SWIM knows that he could most likely take it again today..but with slight decrease in the effects??

He’s done it two days in a row many times. SWIM has never noticed any tolerance to it at all. Some people say you will eventually develop partial tolerance to it if you use it over and over for several days in a row, but you never get complete tolerance to it. In that way, it’s very unlike LSD. With LSD you get complete tolerance to it after 3 days of use.

Jorkest
#112 Posted : 3/30/2009 11:18:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so would it be safe to take THH with this san pedro extract? and where does one get hydrochloric acid? all SWIM has is citric, fumaric and phosphoric...is muriatic acid from the hardware store ok to use? or is there someplace to get something safer or cleaner..
it's a sound

69ron
#113 Posted : 3/31/2009 3:23:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
so would it be safe to take THH with this san pedro extract?

I don’t know. Probably. SWIM tried it with pure mescaline a few times, and it was very nice, but never with this extract.

Jorkest wrote:
and where does one get hydrochloric acid? all SWIM has is citric, fumaric and phosphoric...is muriatic acid from the hardware store ok to use? or is there someplace to get something safer or cleaner..

That’s THE problem. You cannot easily get HCl (muriatic acid) in food grade form anywhere. SWIM tried. The only kind SWIM can easily get is technical grade from the hardware store sold for adjusting the pH of swimming pools. Klean-Strip Muriatic Acid is 99.999% volatile, so once it all evaporates at most 0.001 % might remain as a solid contaminant.

So it you were converting 5 grams of acetates to hydrochlorides and used the muriatic acid without diluting it, you would need about 3 ml of muriatic acid. 3 ml of straight undiluted Klean-Strip Muriatic Acid would contain at most 0.03 mg (30 micrograms) of contaminants according to their MSDS. That’s a very small amount. Very few chemicals would be at all harmful at that amount. Considering that 5 grams is enough for 25 200 mg doses, that’s about 1.2 micrograms of possible contaminants per dose. That’s very small. I don’t think it’s really anything to worry about.

Also consider the fact that it’s sold for adjusting the pH of pools. I don’t think whatever non-volatile contaminants it contains are that unhealthy or it seems like it would be banned for pool use.

But still, I believe it’s best to avoid using non-food or non-USP grade chemicals if you’re making something you plan to put into your body. But in this case the contaminants are very small after it’s all evaporated.

Muriatic is normally about 30-35% HCl. That’s TOO STRONG to work with. You should dilute it for safety reasons. 10% is plenty strong enough and much safer to work with.

mapp
#114 Posted : 3/31/2009 5:04:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:

SWIM was curious about this too, along with wondering about combining the other harmala alkoloids with the acetate extract - Even though they are short term MAOI's, he's apprhensive because of the tyramine content.
Also, do the harmala alkoloids have to be taken orally, not sublingually, to work to potentiate other psychedelics (including this tek)?

69ron
#115 Posted : 3/31/2009 5:15:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mapp wrote:
Jorkest wrote:

SWIM was curious about this too, along with wondering about combining the other harmala alkoloids with the acetate extract - Even though they are short term MAOI's, he's apprhensive because of the tyramine content.
Also, do the harmala alkoloids have to be taken orally, not sublingually, to work to potentiate other psychedelics (including this tek)?

SWIM is not afraid to try it, he just hasn’t gotten around to it yet. He’s tried THH with pure mescaline and that was very nice, but as you say, a full alkaloid extract contains tyramine.

THH, harmine, and harmaline are RIMAs and they are displaced by tyramine, so they are not supposed to interference with the metabolism of tyramine like other MAOIs are known to do.

Look at this
Quote:
CeNeRx MAO-A Inhibitors Avoid Dietary Restrictions of Older MAO Inhibitors
However, the antidepressant efficacy of older MAO inhibitors comes at a price that has greatly limited their use—patients are required to observe strict dietary limitations to avoid potentially serious cardiovascular side effects that can be triggered by eating tyramine-rich foods – typically fermented foods such as aged meats and cheeses, red wine and malt beverages. Older MAO inhibitors blocked both MAO-A and MAO-B, both of which metabolize tyramine and ensure that it is maintained at a safe level in the body. The new RIMA inhibitors are highly selective for MAO-A, which leaves MAO-B unaffected and available to metabolize excessive levels of tyramine, thus avoiding the serious cardiovascular risks of the older MAO inhibitors. In addition to being selective for MAO-A, TriRima™ is also reversible, which allows MAO-A to be freed up to metabolize tyramine should levels become too high. Older MAO inhibitors are irreversible and they can bind MAO-A and MAO-B for up to two weeks. The selective and reversible properties of TriRima provide an important advance that may allow patients to realize the efficacy benefits of a triple action antidepressant mechanism without restrictive diets or fear of tyramine reactions.

The same things apply to THH, harmine, and harmaline.

Jorkest
#116 Posted : 3/31/2009 3:07:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

perhaps SWIM will try this out with 100mg THH and his usual 125mg mescaline extract...just to get a feel for it..seems like that would boost it..but not too much..after SWIMs theobromine testing...hes been a bit more cautious trying new things Pleased
it's a sound

Dorge
#117 Posted : 4/1/2009 2:47:58 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

TriRima sounds like a descent antidepressent... they dont really percribe the old MAOIs any more because of the deity problems...
I wonder if TriRima could possibly work in much the same way as Marplan will work as a maoi...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

69ron
#118 Posted : 4/1/2009 6:30:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to add that instead of using a separatory funnel which might be hard for some people to get hold of, that a gravy separator works almost just as well for separating the vinegar from the d-limonene at the end.

The Catamount 4 cup Glass Gravy Separator shown below is perfect. Here are the features:

* Fat separator with silicone/stainless steel strainer
* Made of 100% borosilicate glass
* Capacity: 4 Cups
* Reading marks are in cups, liquid ounces and milliliters
* Flame, oven and microwave proof
* Dishwasher safe

I believe the silicone strainer should be resistant to d-limonene (orange oil) and many other solvents, but one should make sure before using the strainer attachment with any solvents. It’s made of borosilicate glass so it can be used to boil solvents if needed for that. The glass is resistant to nearly all solvents (d-limonene, DCM, heptane, naphtha, xylene, acetone, MEK, chloroform, ethyl acetate, etc.).

To separate the d-limonene (orange oil) from the vinegar solution, simply pour the solution into the gravy separator and wait for it to settle into two separate layers. If any d-limonene gets into the pouring spout, just pour that out and put it back into the gravy separator. Then pour out the lower vinegar layer. The d-limonene stays on top of the vinegar and won’t come out of the gravy separator until almost all the vinegar is out. It takes a little practice to get the handle of using it, but once you do it works really well.
69ron attached the following image(s):
21659_500.jpg (72kb) downloaded 8,732 time(s).
21659_0400_500.jpg (50kb) downloaded 8,717 time(s).

Jorkest
#119 Posted : 4/1/2009 6:50:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so SWIM tried this mescaline extract with a buddy last night with some thh and then later some more thh harmaline and dmt fumarate..

SWIM figured he would start low with the mescaline extract and thh seeing as how hes never done it before..and hasnt read all that much regarding this extract and harmalas...so they both took 90mg of mescaline and 90mg of thh in a capsule..effects were felt like a 125mg dose of just the mescaline extract..it was very nice and a perfect warm up for the thh+harmaline+dmt fumarate..they took the pharma about 3 hours late..maybe 2..and the only problem was that SWIM forgot his scale..so he had to eye everything *EEK* he did his best to get the dosage right..and did ok for himself..but his friend usually likes to get more than he can handle than not enough..so SWIM gave him a bit more harmaline, thh and dmt fumarate...

the effects started from that at about 20 minutes after drinking it down with some blueberry juice..it was really not that tasty..SWIM always mixes the harmalas with the dmt..he figures that while the harmalas are causing all sorts of excitement with the maoi's the dmt can slip through like little ninjas...he calls this technique...ninja spice...

but anyway..the rest of the night was extremely nice...with conversations ranging all over the place...and some really good laughs..with some good seriousness as well..

the mescaline extract added a nice warmth and energy to the night..its very friendly with thh and harmaline..and dmt..SWIM will most certainly be trying this again..it was a wonderful combo..SWIMs friend at one point was like...at some parts...it was a bit too many drugs..but SWIM attests that to the fact that he gave his friend a bit more than himself..and he also had to eye it..but his friend can handle it...and SWIM figured he would rather overpower him..than leaving him wanting..

it was a great night..and it looks like THH will be a great way too stretch the mescaline extract out a lot...SWIM figures that with a dose of 200mg THH that you could easily use doses of 100mg and have very powerful results..
it's a sound

coolerf
#120 Posted : 4/1/2009 7:34:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM plans on putting the finished extract in gel-caps, what size would be the best to hold 300mg.

«PREV45678NEXT»