We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV5051525354NEXT»
Non toxic food safe extraction of mescaline using d-limonene (orange oil) Options

Virola78
#1021 Posted : 10/27/2010 12:32:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ nice
maybe i should get me an electric oven.
But till that time room temperature will do. Im patient man : )

500mg washed product will do nicely
you washing it?

β€œThe most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Opiyum
#1022 Posted : 10/27/2010 5:37:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Probably not because I don't have any MEK or any epsom salts and more importantly I don't have any money.

BloodShotEyes
#1023 Posted : 11/2/2010 4:03:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Would like to give a proper thank you to everyone and anyone that deserves it, no matter how big or small of a contribution, in order to make this tek possible.

SWIM tried the resin tek, the tea, a nasty chem extraction. And this tek blows all out of the water!! To little pieces

Ended up getting 1.2g out of an 8 month old pedro, .7g out of a 4 year old powder of p. torch swim had stashed for some time now (figured why not?). And then another 1g out of some fine fresh p.torch. That yielded a much lighter end product than the first two extractions (which looked identical in color).

Ended up doing a light trial dose on the first extract of about 230-250mg. Turned out really well. Then a week later droped 500-550mg of the much lighter in color fresh p.torch (decided not to break out the sexy maoi's for a true shamanic experience for now, wanted to try almost pure mesc by itself first). Definetly, a much different feel than a full cacti experience. SWIM even had to remind oneself that he was not on cid but on mesc. However, as much as swim really enjoyes some good cid and especially missing the san francisco sunshine he used to get back in the day. When on mesc, the rest of the other alkoids this beautiful plant brings, were missed dearly!!!

Now saving energy/mind power for that full maoi blast into eternity.. that same place that has been visited by our ancient anchestors, communicating with spirits on all different levels. Following their footsteps and making new ones, etc

Virola78
#1024 Posted : 11/2/2010 9:42:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ Is mescaline a substrate for MAO enzymes?
Do you know of people that use the combination mescaline-MAOI?

I was under the impression the MAOI would enhance the effects of the other alkaoids (like in resin, tea, unwashed product, powder etc) but not the effects of pure (washed) mescaline.
Wouldnt mind if im wrong though...

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Virola78
#1025 Posted : 11/2/2010 10:22:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BloodShotEyes wrote:
... When on mesc, the rest of the other alkoids this beautiful plant brings, were missed dearly!!!

I have still got some resin. Thinking of spiking it with some washed mescaline-HCl so to give the spirit of the cactus (resin) some more power Smile

BloodShotEyes
#1026 Posted : 11/3/2010 4:41:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Virola78,

to swims knowledge even pure mesc should be dramatically enhanced with maoi. He knows for a fact that it enhances lsd, however, mesc should not be just enhanced but potentiated. He could be wrong though. However, he will probably end up mixing his light colored extract with the rest of the more amber colored one.

Virola78 wrote:
I have still got some resin. Thinking of spiking it with some washed mescaline-HCl so to give the spirit of the cactus (resin) some more power Smile

That definetly sounds like something swim would've done also. It was very nice to try almost pure mesc but found out that it just didn't have the same bliss/warmth as the plant brings. Resin on itself could be very uncomfortable though. It is great to have a good balance of all the right alkoids Smile

Virola78
#1027 Posted : 11/3/2010 7:47:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^ I think there are some threads about MAOI and mescaline. You might want to read those.

BloodShotEyes wrote:
Now saving energy/mind power for that full maoi blast into eternity.. that same place that has been visited by our ancient anchestors, communicating with spirits on all different levels. Following their footsteps and making new ones, etc

Goodluck Cool

And thanks for your view on mescaline.

BloodShotEyes
#1028 Posted : 11/3/2010 11:50:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Something else that swim wanted to mention. He is not a coffee drinker at all but after hearing about the mesc + coffee synergy, he decided to give it a shot towards the end of his experience. It was amazing, instead of feeling jittery and uncofortable as he usualy gets after coffee. He felt very relaxed and stimulated at the same time!!

Virola78 wrote:
^ I think there are some threads about MAOI and mescaline. You might want to read those.

BloodShotEyes wrote:

Goodluck Cool

And thanks for your view on mescaline.

Thanks Virola78, i would be sure to check them out. The only combo swim has done was maoi plus resin. It definetly did open up some new doors of perception, like nothig else. That is why he is eager to try a much better extract with all the right alkoids in it plus harmala again! Not so much for pure or almost pure mesc. He thinks lsd-25 is already there for that purpose.

Opiyum
#1029 Posted : 12/3/2010 3:45:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim is a little disappointed.
Of 224g dried powdered trich. peruvianus(heavenly products) only 2 grams of unwashed mescaline acetate was recovered.
This was after following the tek to the letter including adjusting everything for the increase from 100g to 224g starting material.
The Limo was saved from all the pulls so hopefully more vinegar will result in more goodness.

Doing more limo pulls seems like it would be a waste. The fact that something was pulled seems to say that most likely everything was pulled, or close to everything. Does anyone think this is an accurate assumption? I mean the fact that 2 grams was pulled probably says there isn't another 2 grams sitting that was missed, right? Surely Approx. 1800ml Limo/550ml vin would have gotten 4grams just as easily as 2grams....no?
I'm guessing that any answer to this kind of question would be highly speculative but still I'm curious if anyone has ever heard of anything that would verify my assumption.

Unfortunately, because all the vinegar was combined and evaped together there is no way to know whether or not each pull was producing diminishing returns or not. Of course if it was known how much each pull yielded individually then it would be easier to tell if there was anything left to get.

Virola78
#1030 Posted : 12/3/2010 1:24:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Opiyum wrote:
..The Limo was saved from all the pulls so hopefully more vinegar will result in more goodness...

3 vinegar pulls per batch of limo is very enough. Fourth pull is kind of overkill.

Opiyum wrote:
Doing more limo pulls seems like it would be a waste. The fact that something was pulled seems to say that most likely everything was pulled, or close to everything. Does anyone think this is an accurate assumption? I mean the fact that 2 grams was pulled probably says there isn't another 2 grams sitting that was missed, right? Surely Approx. 1800ml Limo/550ml vin would have gotten 4grams just as easily as 2grams....no?

IF everything went as it should, then your assumptions are ok i think.

Perhaps some of these questions are not necessary because i have the write up of the 69ron mesc-HCl in my head, not the 69ron mesc-acetate version. But anyway.. just out of curiousity: how long did you basify the dry, powderized, green cactus flesh? How long did you put the limo in contact with the cactus-lime-water-mix? At what temperatures did the pulls take place? What kind of vinegar did you use for the 3x 25 ml pulls? Did you use different batches of cactus powder? If so, how big were these batches?

Not so long ago burnt posted a link to an abstract about mescaline/alkaloid contents of cactus. Apparently the concentration of mescaline can vary allot, anywhere <1% - 4%>

The cat thinks the green flesh of about 10 foot (10x 30cm) of fresh pachanoi cuttings will provide a nice average, a fair yield.
Cats in general dont know anything about HP. This cat is no exception.

Opiyum wrote:
I'm guessing that any answer to this kind of question would be highly speculative but still I'm curious if anyone has ever heard of anything that would verify my assumption.

Unfortunately, because all the vinegar was combined and evaped together there is no way to know whether or not each pull was producing diminishing returns or not. Of course if it was known how much each pull yielded individually then it would be easier to tell if there was anything left to get.

Also this particular cat i am talking about has seen that 4th, 5th, 6th pull will still yield product, but the typical crystaline alkaloid fan structures will become less visible. Maybe there was not much alkaloids pulled anymore? The other 'gunk' that was being pulled could make the little amounts of alkaloids left not visible as fan structures... There was surely allot of gunk in later pulls that was not visible in the product of the first 3 xylene pulls.

My gut feeling (for what it is worth to you) tells me there is not much mescaline pulled after the 4th pull. The last mg of mescaline would be contaminated with gunk so that badly needed intensive washing with acetone and IPA would cause too much loss. Remind you, im talking about the mesc-HCl extraction product, carefully using xylene instead of limonene. The goal of the cat was to obtain very high % of mescaline-HCl, >95%. He choose xylene because it was at hand, and because he was confident to be able to work safely.

Perhaps there is more mescaline in the cactus, but it hasnt been basified, or for some other reason not migrated into the NP. Otherwise it could be the mescaline did migrate into the NP, but from there failed to migrate into the acid solution. You analyse your work : )

Opiyum
#1031 Posted : 12/3/2010 7:40:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Basified for about an hour, maybe an hour and a half at room temperature.
The Limo each time was added late afternoon, 5pm-ish, and removed the following day also always at room temp.
Distilled white 5% vinegar was used and the whole operation was performed as two separate batches of the same dried material split into two parts each consisting of 112grams.

This was an introduction to Heavenly products after reading some very good reviews of their product recently. Can't really complain. As its been stated 1-4% is to be expected.
Take the good with the bad.

Update: 100ml vinegar was added to the 1800ml of Limo. After evaporation 145milligrams tan, flaky, powdery goodness was left over. Hopefully this continues to happen another ten to fifteen times.

Virola78
#1032 Posted : 12/4/2010 10:49:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^ im lazy now, i wont look it up now but...

If i remember correctly it is advised somewhere (not in the tek, but in a thread) that it is a good thing to let the cactus-lime-water mix sit in a sealed container, to basify for about a day, before doing the first NP pull. Then 1 pull per day. I have seen cats typically do 4 pulls with the NP, 3 with the vinegar (total of 4x3=12 vinegar pulls). They are lazy animals..

Also this cat lets the NP and acid solution sit in contact (using sep funnel) for at least a few hours. He never shakes vigorously any of the solutions. He does from time to time swirl the sep funnel, and he does mix the NP and cactus-lime-water-dough very thoroughly with a bamboo stick.

From your update:
100ml of that vinegar straight from the bottle... does it evap into about 145mg of "tan, flaky, powdery goodness" ??

Opiyum
#1033 Posted : 12/4/2010 9:40:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah the vinegar, straight from the bottle, does leave some "off white, flaky, powdery, NOT SO, goodness" but 100ml didn't leave 145mg. Instead a 100ml evap test on the vinegar left behind about 20mg of material(To little to really weigh on a .01g scale but estimated at 20mg). Both evap's were tan but the bit first put through the Limo was definately darker than what was evaped straight from the bottle.

A forth NP pull is going to be performed. Whether you remember correctly or not it seems worth trying again based on the assumption that perhaps the first NP pull was premature and didn't recover anything or at least as much as it should or could have. After all the worst that could happen is nothing.

EDIT:
400ml Limo recently was added to all 224grams of material that has been sitting at room temp covered since finishing the tek a few days ago. Something is different now. In this extraction and in extractions in the past the cacti material never got "snotty" in the way a lot of people report. Instead it's always remained quite granular and easily squeezable.
Scrolling up to the top of this page shows an example of what Swim is talking about.
Attached is a picture of the snotty material which swim has never seen before. The Limo turned yellow almost instantaneously which is also different.
Swim's interpretation of this is that the additional time has allowed the CAL to fully break down the plant material. Hopefully this will result in the retrieval of lot's of active alkaloids.

Opiyum attached the following image(s):
Picture 164.jpg (3,988kb) downloaded 355 time(s).

BloodShotEyes
#1034 Posted : 12/12/2010 4:57:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My friend game me two cents Very happy

he said that a minimal level for a breakthough is possible with ~800acetate. for a good one an estimated 1000+acetate needed.

instead of using so much acetate he decided to take the darkest extract 1hour+ after 150Harmala followed by another acetate goodness just a few hours later. all in all ~600acetate were consumed in hopes it would be an overkill. unfortunately there was no synergy felt (as far as potentiation), however, it did definetly alter the experience significantly. it became a much longer experience and interestingly enough he was able to stay off kra for ~36hours with not much ill effects. some of the most interesting aspects of the experience were experienced much much later in the night.

the peceptual visions that were caught with maoi and resin were not reached, however, it definetly did have a signature of its own.

all in all he really feels that acetate is a great tool for easy enjoyable experiences or breakthrough levels.

conclusion from all of this, no matter what tek is being used, developing a good relation with the plant is the truest way to go. Bear the taste Get stuffed Purge but not before asking for permission first and having a friendly chat for days weeks or even months, very importantVery happy

He is only now starting to figure this out while trying to learn more about Ayahuasca! The Traditional Way is going to be the way of inception.

dg
#1035 Posted : 12/14/2010 12:01:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

BloodShotEyes wrote:
My friend game me two cents Very happy

he said that a minimal level for a breakthough is possible with ~800acetate. for a good one an estimated 1000+acetate needed.

that is horrible advice//really bad

unless it is 25-50% impurities then that dosage to start is very high
i've seen people loose it on 5-600mg of pure material, 750mg is super intense ime

Touche Guevara
#1036 Posted : 12/14/2010 12:40:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Agreed. People throw around the idea of eating a gram of mesc when all they've seen is the tan or even brown stuff.

blue_velvet
#1037 Posted : 12/17/2010 11:49:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM began this extraction yesterday. He followed the directions accurately, the d-limonene poured nice and easy, right color off the cactus. SWIM fears, however, that when pulling from the d-limonene with the vinegar that he did not agitate the mixture well enough. He mixed thoroughly with a utensil and swirled a bit for each pull, but did not shake. He waited about 30 min before separating the components, performing 3 vinegar pulls each on two d-limonene/cactus pulls. Unfortunately, SWIM did not keep the d-limonene from those pulls.

Will this have a significant effect on the yield? Should he have agitated more and/or waited longer before separating the d-limo/vinegar? He is currently waiting tediously for the vinegar to evaporate so he cannot see at the moment.

Virola78
#1038 Posted : 12/18/2010 9:31:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

^ that is a question that has been on my mind too.

Because of this uncertainty the cat will let the solvents stay in contact (500ml sep funnel) for few hours. Just to make sure.
No shaking, just swirling.

I suspect the migration from NP to salting solution will be fairly fast though. And three saltings per pull will be enough..
So how much did you find in your evaporation dish? Razz Razz

blue_velvet
#1039 Posted : 12/18/2010 4:13:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Virola78 wrote:
^ that is a question that has been on my mind too...
So how much did you find in your evaporation dish? Razz Razz

Yeah, it seems some people on here swear by shaking the piss out of it; however, someone on bluelight said to treat it like a naptha pull from an STB (MHRB), so I'm not too pessimistic now.

SWIM is still waiting for the evaporation because he doesn't have a dehydrator and fears ruining everything in an oven. He had it under a fan last night, split between two dishes to speed up the process.

blue_velvet
#1040 Posted : 12/18/2010 6:19:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of my two dishes has evaporated all the liquid, but it's looking like SWIM didn't get much. There's brown waxy stuff, but not much. Between the two dishes (which contain 3-4 vinegar pulls from the first cactus pull) there probably won't be even a single dose. The other pulls are still in a jar in solution.

«PREV5051525354NEXT»