We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV4950515253NEXT»
Non toxic food safe extraction of mescaline using d-limonene (orange oil) Options

Virola78
#1001 Posted : 8/16/2010 5:12:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Touche Guevara wrote:
Has anyone come up with a method for recovering the limo that seems to be absorbed by the cactus mix in this tek? Many people seem to report 'losses' upwards of 1/3 on the first pull.

Perhaps adding water after the last pull would cause the trapped limonene to just rise to the top for easy recovery.

French press?

I dont see the problem. If you think it is a bad thing that during the first pull you retrieve only 2/3 of the original volume of limo, then you can just add some more limo to compensate. The mescaline will 'spread out evenly' in the limo. So you can do more pulls if you think there is too much mescaline still left in the limo (that is trapped in the cactus mix.)

Ive found that about 50ml of the 300ml will be trapped in the cactus mix after the first pull. You can retrieve this 50ml after the last pull by using a french press. If you dont have one, you can just do another pull.. If you have done enough pulls, then you dont need to retrieve the remaining 50ml. Retrieving the remaining 50ml is only usefull if you want to re-use (all of) the limo.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Tropical
#1002 Posted : 8/22/2010 12:44:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

soulfood
#1003 Posted : 8/22/2010 1:35:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

It's quite different to the acid usually used for this tek in the sense that it's a mix of acids. Vinegar is usually a 5% acetic acid solution which will evaporate completely as it's gaseous. This one contains citric and malic acid which will dry to a solid material.

I think it should be fine for this tek, though it will include these impurities from the other acids, but they are food grade so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

sigmundfreuid
#1004 Posted : 8/22/2010 6:49:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Kada wrote:
do you guys see any problem using this vinegar? its clear and when dries ahs a small scent left.

Swim thinks SWIY shouldnt use this, maybe instead SWIY should use some rice vinegar.its the same thing.just water and vinegar.
Swim is a figment of your imagination and he's a compulsive liar,thus everything he says is pure lies !

ancientpledge
#1005 Posted : 9/6/2010 9:26:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wanted to say SWIM used this tek and it worked great. SWIM got 2grams of mescaline acetate (with around 80-85% purity overall I'd say) and SWIM's still getting more. This is from 100g's of dried torch skins. Very impressed!!

dg
#1006 Posted : 9/7/2010 3:07:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

ancientpledge wrote:
Just wanted to say SWIM used this tek and it worked great. SWIM got 2grams of mescaline acetate (with around 80-85% purity overall I'd say) and SWIM's still getting more. This is from 100g's of dried torch skins. Very impressed!!

Here's a shot SWIM took:

2% dry weight is not very common

ancientpledge
#1007 Posted : 9/7/2010 4:34:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I am quite surprised at the yields. I got in total about 2.5g's I would say of pure mescaline acetate, but that's just guessing. Could be much less.

Keep in mind these are dried skins from a trich. peruvianus.

I think I messed up big time though - in the evaporating process I put the plates on the lid of the oven, with it open on the lowest setting. First of all, the vinegar evaporated really fast. In like an hour tops. Secondly, the plate got hot enough that you could only carry it a short distance before it burned your hand - do you think this has decreased the potency of the product, or if there's anything in it at all? If so I got a lot of weak mescaline here.. but otherwise it looks really clean.

dg
#1008 Posted : 9/7/2010 4:45:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

no, contrary to other info in this thread, mescaline is very heat stable, you'll be fine

was this a peruvianus from your garden>? or purchased skins?

ancientpledge
#1009 Posted : 9/7/2010 4:49:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Purchased for sure. I'm a little impatient to grow them heh Smile One day though I will.

dg
#1010 Posted : 9/7/2010 5:19:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

ancientpledge wrote:
Purchased for sure. I'm a little impatient to grow them heh Smile One day though I will.

i urge you to grow your own. you gain feeling for your plants overtime. besides patience, many good lessons to be learned Smile

Eden
#1011 Posted : 9/7/2010 12:49:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ancientpledge, that acetate looks decently white and powdery...not very much like acetate at all. From the debris around the cap, it almost looks like you have some CaOH2 contamination.
This could explain the 2.5% yield.

ancientpledge
#1012 Posted : 9/7/2010 3:58:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hmm you think so? Are you talking about the cap being cloudy, or the little specks around the cap? If you mean the specks that was just me being messy but you could be right.

How could Calcium Hydroxide come through the d-limo? I guess it could be because of the way I did it. I made a mistake in the beginning and added water and d-limonene to the cactus, and then Calcium Hydroxide like 3 hours after that (because I was a dunce and completely forgot). So could that explain all of this? I thought calcium hydroxide was insoluble in d-limonene so I didn't see this being an issue.

Well, if that's the case then how do I clean the powder?

edit: Here are some more pictures.

SnozzleBerry
#1013 Posted : 9/7/2010 4:45:00 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

^^^^^^^^^^^ yea my acetate has never looked like that...wrong color and consistency imho.

From what you describe about adding water and limo to your cactus and then adding CaOH, I would agree with Eden's assessment. Although I've never encountered it (I've never added CaOH after water/limo), several people have reported incredible yields that turned out to be inactive after following a similar procedure to yours. I'm not sure how to proceed with the material you have...perhaps separate all the limo, re-basify the cactus/water and then try pulling again? Next time just make sure to basify before adding limo and I'm sure things will turn out nicely Very happy
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

ancientpledge
#1014 Posted : 9/7/2010 4:48:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah I think you are all correct. Maybe I'll just throw out this batch and start over. The cactus is pretty well spent anyhow.

Well, always a good learning experience Smile

Eden
#1015 Posted : 9/7/2010 6:22:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lime is insoluble in limo, but it seems to become easily suspended if it is being added dry as opposed to already being wet and mixed with the cacti powder.
You might not need to throw it all out... you could do as Snozzle suggested and separate the limo and then rebasify all your dry materials (original mix+final yield) and following the tek as usual.
Nothing has been thrown out, so all the mesc should still be present in some stage of the extraction. Consolidate and start over. Smile

ancientpledge
#1016 Posted : 9/9/2010 4:37:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I re-did it, and well it turned out great! I got the waxy, sticky yellow-ish colored stuff that mescaline acetate actually is. I haven't got much so far but I'm definitely refining the tek a bit to get more yield with less pulls.

ancientpledge
#1017 Posted : 9/14/2010 4:31:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, so here's my second attempt at mescaline acetate. Let me know what you think of the results.

Opiyum
#1018 Posted : 10/26/2010 2:57:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim's curious if there would be any disadvantage or reason not to first premix/breakup the Cal in 300ml water and then add that to the powdered cactus, instead of adding the water to the already mixed cal and cactus. Swim noticed that after making the cactus sufficiently wet and after plenty of mixing there still was some white clumps that were a pain to break up. The last picture shows some of the clumping.

Also for those that don't have a french press Swim had an Idea to use, what he thinks is, a vegetable steamer. It worked wonders at retrieving every last drop of Limo from the cacti cake. Pictured is the contraption Swim is talking about.
Opiyum attached the following image(s):
Picture 013.jpg (3,915kb) downloaded 636 time(s).
Picture 015.jpg (3,875kb) downloaded 638 time(s).
Picture 011.jpg (3,918kb) downloaded 637 time(s).

Virola78
#1019 Posted : 10/26/2010 7:23:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Opiyum wrote:
Swim's curious if there would be any disadvantage or reason not to first dissolve the Cal in 300ml water and then add that to the powdered cactus, instead of adding the water to the already mixed cal and cactus. Swim noticed that after making the cactus sufficiently wet and after plenty of mixing there still was some white clumps that were a pain to break up. The last picture shows some of the clumping.

Also for those that don't have a french press Swim had an Idea to use, what he thinks is, a vegetable steamer. It worked wonders at retrieving every last drop of Limo from the cacti cake. Pictured is the contraption Swim is talking about.

The CaOH will not dissolve in water.

Make sure you dont have any CaOH clumps BEFORE you add it to the cactus powder.

It is important to use just enough water. From what i have understood:
Too much water and the mix will get slimy and suck up your limo.
Too little water and you risk CaOH getting suspended in your limo and/or incomplete basifying

Someone leaves his cactus-CaOH-water-xylene mix to sit overnight, just to make sure any particles have settled.

“The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart.” -Nikolai Lenin

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Opiyum
#1020 Posted : 10/27/2010 6:34:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for answering my question. I don't know why I said dissolve, just a typo, but what I meant was to break it up in the water and I just didn't know if there was any good reason not add the two together.

It's worth mentioning the way this was all evaporated. All electric ovens, that ive ever seen at least, have the rear right burner/coil set up as a warmer. You'll see a vent from the oven to that burner and if you place you evap dish on the rear right burner with the oven set to about 250 the solution with evaporate quite nicely in just a few hours without any risks to the material. The solution never surpassed 130f
Opiyum attached the following image(s):
Picture 037.jpg (3,978kb) downloaded 597 time(s).

«PREV4950515253NEXT»