We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV7891011NEXT»
Pure white mescaline HCl from cactus using d-limonene (orange oil) Options

isiton?
#161 Posted : 6/22/2009 2:14:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:
The problem is that the statement: "Add 25 ml of water with 5 ml of 10% HCl solution" is ambiguous.

does with mean containing?

"Add 25ml of water CONTAINING 5 ml of 10% HCl solution": in which can you end up with 25ml of 2% HCl

or does with mean AND?

"Add 25ml of water AND 5 ml of 10% HCl solution": in which can you end up with 30ml of 1.66% HCl

The proper way to say it is to simply state the percentage and quantity: "Add 25ml of 2% HCl"
It's best to say it that way, because different people may be using different concentrations (as in this case, where somebody has 25% HCl), so it more easily allows for different people to understand what's required and calculate based on what they have in stock.

Over to 69ron, to tie it all together and make this the most elegantly worded theoretical recipe ever.
DISCLAIMER: All posts are of a hypothetical nature, or on behalf of my imaginary friend.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

69ron
#162 Posted : 6/22/2009 2:35:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, SWIM was on mescaline when he wrote thatSmile

“Add 25 ml of water with 5 ml of 10% HCl solution”

This is clearer:

“Add 20 ml of water and 5 ml of 10% HCl solution”

The total liquid volume is 25 ml. Even if you interpreted it the other way and ended up with 30 ml, the tech would still work just fine.

I’ll go update the tech.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

mori
#163 Posted : 6/22/2009 2:37:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
I’ll go update the tech.

Aww dude.. I've been trying to get that out of you for weeks! Dang PM restriction Razz

isiton? wrote:
The proper way to say it is to simply state the percentage and quantity: "Add 25ml of 2% HCl"

Agreed, but according to his recipe, it is 1.7%, which is why I suspect he specified it in the way he did.

isiton? wrote:

It's best to say it that way, because different people may be using different concentrations (as in this case, where somebody has 25% HCl), so it more easily allows for different people to understand what's required and calculate based on what they have in stock.

Perhaps, but 10% HCL is the strongest diluted HCL thats safe to have handy. Get it on your hand, and it stings, but you can wash it off preddy quick; so its pretty common to have 10% lying around.

isiton? wrote:

Over to 69ron, to tie it all together and make this the most elegantly worded theoretical recipe ever.

I agree, that he is effectively making history with this technique, so he should go back and edit the post for clarity Smile

Cosmo
#164 Posted : 6/22/2009 2:40:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69Ron, SWIM has had a problem twice both times the final product was inactive, but the starting product was. SWIM has changed lime now using Mrs wages, good terpene d-limonene and FV dried pedro. Followed the instructions to a t not sure what is going wrong, Swim isn't an idiot but maybe some light could be shed on the types of other products used?
Waterfall, nothing can harm me at all, my worries seem so very small with my waterfall...Jimi

mori
#165 Posted : 6/22/2009 2:47:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cosmo wrote:
69Ron, SWIM has had a problem twice both times the final product was inactive, but the starting product was. SWIM has changed lime now using Mrs wages, good terpene d-limonene and FV dried pedro. Followed the instructions to a t not sure what is going wrong, Swim isn't an idiot but maybe some light could be shed on the types of other products used?

What colour was your final product?
What dose did you use?

69ron
#166 Posted : 6/22/2009 3:24:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmo wrote:

Is any water present in the d-limonene after getting it off the cactus mix?

What type of HCl are you using?

If the d-limonene is mixed with other solvents like naphtha, it might not work. Make sure the d-limonene is at least 95% pure.

If the IPA wash using 99% pure IPA?

Most importantly, how are you drying the final product?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

isiton?
#167 Posted : 6/22/2009 4:38:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

This question could go into either thread, since it concerns edible lime. SWIM has found that Indian food stockists in the UK sell edible lime, cheaply, which is used for the release of alkaloids while chewing betel nut. Is this lime a strong enough base? Is all edible lime the same?

Sid, my imaginary mate, intends to experiment with this product some time in the next month, and share the info with this excellent, helpful, knowledgable forum.
DISCLAIMER: All posts are of a hypothetical nature, or on behalf of my imaginary friend.

isiton?
#168 Posted : 6/22/2009 4:40:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Sorry, SWIM was on mescaline when he wrote thatSmile

“Add 25 ml of water with 5 ml of 10% HCl solution”

This is clearer:

The total liquid volume is 25 ml. Even if you interpreted it the other way and ended up with 30 ml, the tech would still work just fine.

I’ll go update the tech.

No apologies necessary, 69ron. Smile Thanks for the information.

Cosmo
#169 Posted : 6/22/2009 5:27:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69Ron, SWIM used vinegar once and muriatic acid once both time diluted properly. SWIM air dries the final product with a fan. More importantly after draining off the d-limonene which is at least 95% pure, his limonene isn't cloudy it's just greenish yellow. After adding acid, mixing and separating and drying SWIM is left with a amber/brownish sticky goo which yields are low and totally inactive. What should the d-limonene look like after separating it from the initial cactus/lime mix?
Waterfall, nothing can harm me at all, my worries seem so very small with my waterfall...Jimi

PitfromGreece
#170 Posted : 6/22/2009 11:26:00 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What are the yields everyone is getting? SWIM is getting very low yields of almost .6%. He uses Heavenly Products, San Pedro cactus, that 69Ron's friend and others get much better yields. Any ideas what might be wrong?

SWIM tried twice following exactly the instructions. He got a very close to white product taking care not to loose any mescaline with the washes, he waited 20 minutes between each wash to make sure all the mescaline set on the bottom.

SWIM used a 2% HCL solution he mixed a month ago, there is anyway the solution got weaker as time passed?

Quote:
his limonene isn't cloudy it's just greenish yellow.

Although SWIM is having low yields from what he told me and what I read this seems right.

PitfromGreece
#171 Posted : 6/23/2009 11:43:04 AM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is frustrated right now as at some point of the extraction he through away mescaline.

This is of course a GREAT tek, straightforward and easy to go through, nevertheless from the different results that SWIMers get (non active material, low yield, very high yields) it seems details definitely play a role in the end product.

For example SWIM using a blender the first time and having an emulsion, had to wait an hour before the water and limonene separate or putting the oven high got brown gunk that it was really difficult to wash. Today with very low temperature after 20hoursRolling eyes got green gunk that it was very easy to wash, still low yield though.

PitfromGreece
#172 Posted : 6/30/2009 10:32:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

It seems I am going to fill this thread myself... but,

Even with many washes SWIM cannot get mescaline white, the mescaline SWIM has is light creme color, close to, but not really white.

In the last couple trips with 150mg each, SWIM experienced a knot in his throat like very rare times he was really stressed, also felt dreamy and an unreal feeling, the whole trip got smoother after a few hours, and SWIM thinks that other alkaloids beside mescaline were responsible for "side effects" in the begining.

So, how white is Pure white mescaline and do you experienced qualitative differences in the trip as time goes by?

69ron
#173 Posted : 7/1/2009 9:18:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you washing thoroughly with acetone and then thoroughly with 99% IPA?

PitfromGreece
#174 Posted : 7/1/2009 10:14:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, I followed your advice, add acetone with the gunk and tried to break it as much I could. I did three washes with acetone and two with pure IPA.

So is your friend having a really white final product?

The real problem is the low yieldSad

SWIM really followed all the directions, has 100gr more San Pedro powder from HP and will try again. He also has 100gr dried Peruvian Torch chips, maybe he will mix them and extract them together.

69ron
#175 Posted : 7/2/2009 1:29:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I guess if SWIM really looks closely under certain light, it is sort of a cream color and not completely white.

Yield...SWIM has gotten everything from 0.2% all the way up to 5% from green outer flesh/skin.

You could be doing everything right and still get low yields if the cactus isn't good.

Pretty much all cacti from all vendors vary in potency a lot. Some, even from good reliable vendors is totally void of mescaline. It's a gamble usually. San Pedro is the safest bet usually.

The thing that helps yields the most are the pulls with d-limonene. Make sure you thoroughly mix it. SWIM lets it sit overnight, mixing occasionally and then pulls. He does this for all the pulls. Mescaline seems to be very slow to extract.

deamsterphile
#176 Posted : 7/2/2009 5:56:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Probly a stupid question but will this work...

ACS Reagent Grade Isopropyl Alcohol, Reagent, 99.8% min.

Certified Assay Result: >99.8%.
Chemical grade: Reagent ACS/USP/NF
CAS: 67-63-0
Formula: C3H7OH

It is probly what SWIM would need right?

69ron
#177 Posted : 7/2/2009 7:35:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That will work well but that's pricey. You can't get 99% at the grocery store? In the US, on the west coast the Safeway grocery chain sells it in the pharmaceutical section. It’s much cheaper and its USP grade which is healthier than ACS grade (what you're getting is also USP grade).

PitfromGreece
#178 Posted : 7/3/2009 10:50:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I guess if SWIM really looks closely under certain light, it is sort of a cream color and not completely white.

Yield...SWIM has gotten everything from 0.2% all the way up to 5% from green outer flesh/skin.

You could be doing everything right and still get low yields if the cactus isn't good.

Pretty much all cacti from all vendors vary in potency a lot. Some, even from good reliable vendors is totally void of mescaline. It's a gamble usually. San Pedro is the safest bet usually.

The thing that helps yields the most are the pulls with d-limonene. Make sure you thoroughly mix it. SWIM lets it sit overnight, mixing occasionally and then pulls. He does this for all the pulls. Mescaline seems to be very slow to extract.

Thank you for the detailed response, appreciated!

rTyler
#179 Posted : 7/4/2009 1:47:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swim thinks, that 300ml water made his 100g cacti too wet and the separation of the mix and the limo is very difficult. could he use less water next time? or the cacti would absorb some of the limo then?
everything is a copy of a copy of a copy

pm swim for orange oil

rTyler
#180 Posted : 7/5/2009 10:54:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

panic

new batch. 100g of pedro chips with 25g lime grinded together in a coffee grinder. 300ml water was added. the mixture was very runny. 300ml limonene added. the mixture absorbed it all! nothing could be separated Sad an other 300ml limonene was added; that can be poured off, but the other 300ml is sticked in the mixture. what can swim do? Sad
everything is a copy of a copy of a copy

pm swim for orange oil

«PREV7891011NEXT»