We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV34567NEXT»
Pure white mescaline HCl from cactus using d-limonene (orange oil) Options

antichode
#81 Posted : 5/8/2009 12:16:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

antichode
#82 Posted : 5/8/2009 12:22:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Noob
#83 Posted : 5/8/2009 12:33:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Noob wrote:
Could you use 99% ethanol like "everclear"etc instead of the 99% IPA?

No.

Ah ok, thanks. I wiki'd it and see why now

"Unlike ethanol or methanol, isopropanol can be separated from aqueous solutions by adding a salt such as sodium chloride, sodium sulfate, or any of several other inorganic salts, since the alcohol is much less soluble in saline solutions than in salt-free water [5] The process is colloquially called salting out, and causes concentrated isopropanol to separate into a distinct layer."

69ron
#84 Posted : 5/8/2009 12:39:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

IPA is much less polar than the other alcohols. Don’t think of it as a replacement for ethanol. Mescaline HCl is VERY POLAR, and that’s why it’s insoluble in IPA and acetone. Mescaline acetate isn’t as polar and so it’s soluble in both IPA and acetone. The polarity of IPA is more similar to acetone than ethanol. Acetone can also be salted out of water like IPA can in some cases.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Noob
#85 Posted : 5/10/2009 12:06:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Do you know of any other common things of similar or less polarity that could be substituted if the 99% IPA can't be found?

I read something on another site about washing in acetone, then dissolving the crystals in hot h20 and then freeze precipitating them out of solution, would this even do anything?

Also, how much of the other non-mescaline alkaloids would be removed with just the acetone washes?

Phlux-
#86 Posted : 5/10/2009 7:45:49 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

freeze precip from plain water - wouldnt u end up with majical mescaline shooter shaped ice blocks Smile
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

antichode
#87 Posted : 5/11/2009 4:40:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

exactly what PH are we trying to achieve for salting? SWIM has some acid but he's not sure of its strength... SWIM does however have a ph meter

edit...
Ok so SWIM Has found out that its 28-37% HCL... How much water should SWIM dilute this into? Would it be best to assume its %37 rather than %28 due to the complications arrising from using too much?

thanks in advance for all your help

Cosmo
#88 Posted : 5/13/2009 6:15:56 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim is waiting for the dried cactus calcium hydroxide and d-limonene to seperate, he could use some insight, the mixture isn't getting really cloudy and its been about two hours, but the limonene is getting green. SWIM is a dumbass and realized that he didn't mix for five minutes before adding the limonene he mixed for a few minutes. his mixture before adding the d-limonene wasn't that of thick cookie dough hope things will work out ron if your around hit SWIM up and give Swim some insight
Waterfall, nothing can harm me at all, my worries seem so very small with my waterfall...Jimi

Noob
#89 Posted : 5/18/2009 2:33:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has done the acetate version of this with the vinegar with positive results each time, but now with the hcl method he is finding that it won't evaporate past a certain point and is left with a dark brownish red liquid similar in color to the acetate, but still quite watery and runny instead of "sticky"

Should he just wash with acetone anyway, and the mesc will just salt out and the acetone will pull some of that other stuff? Or is there a different approach he needs to take.

Noob
#90 Posted : 5/18/2009 10:34:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So swim tried to go ahead and wash with acetone. The acetone dissolved a lot of the dark reddish pigment and ended up looking like thin india ink. There was a black residue that was insoluble in the acetone that stuck to the dish. Swim assumes this is mesc, but why is it black?

Cosmo
#91 Posted : 5/20/2009 2:23:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok SWIM has heard that mescaline isn't tested for, or even if it is that it only stays in the system for like 4 days. SWIM ate a Bridgesii and has read about various other alkaloids in there as well. Anyone know about these, SWIM read about amphetamines being present is it just the normal like 4 days for a clean urine. SWIM have plenty of time put wants to be prepared. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Waterfall, nothing can harm me at all, my worries seem so very small with my waterfall...Jimi

Dorge
#92 Posted : 5/20/2009 2:47:31 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

they will not test for it... trust me... SWIM actually stole one of the tests they use and knows how to test urine as well and there is nothing to worry about with mescaline.
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

69ron
#93 Posted : 5/20/2009 3:22:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're living in the USA, many Native Americans use peyote for religious purposes and such a test would PISS THEM OFF and set off a religious freedom fight in the legal system like you wouldn’t believe. So that’s why no one tests for it in the USA. Many high ranking Native Americans in the US Army even use peyote. Testing for mescaline would be an insult to these people.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Cosmo
#94 Posted : 5/20/2009 5:15:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks ya'll I just thought that some of the other alkaloids are basically amphetamines and they might come up, I've heard of some false positives for such any clue?

Cosmo
#95 Posted : 5/20/2009 5:28:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey all, does anyone trust ordering from FV SWIM's heard buying dried cactus is Very dangerous ie. a knock on your door and the fact that it draws attention to the whole cactus culture, besides not knowing what they actually put in there. If anyone has had any luck let me know

69ron
#96 Posted : 5/20/2009 7:05:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM gets his mostly in dried form form FV. Very good stuff. He uses it for is garden soil. It adds lots of needed nutrients. IT HAS A LOT OF NUTRIENTS!

Why would you get a knock on your door for buying something that's legal to buy in the USA? None of the vendors sell their Trichocereus cactus for ingestion. Selling it for ingestion is illegal. Selling it for other purposes is not illegal.

In the USA, the laws only prohibit the sell of Peyote, not Trichocereus. Trichocereus is not mentioned in any laws in the USA as far as I know. It would be extremely difficult to convict someone of buying something like Trichocereus when no law exist that prohibit its sale. Even places like Wal-Mart sell Trichocereus.

Cosmo
#97 Posted : 5/20/2009 8:24:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM's heard that police can infer ingestion by having the dried skin, and if it were to be Lab tested it contains mesc. As far as Erowid says the dried can bring some things into question, and purchasing it can bring heat to the whole practice. So Ron you have ordered from FV with success, ie no heat and say there are a .ot of good soil additives in their product? Did you order the pulverized or just the skins?

PitfromGreece
#98 Posted : 5/21/2009 10:17:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM gets a white layer between the limonene and water in his separatory funnel, any ideas on this?

69ron
#99 Posted : 5/22/2009 1:14:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cosmo wrote:
SWIM's heard that police can infer ingestion by having the dried skin, and if it were to be Lab tested it contains mesc. As far as Erowid says the dried can bring some things into question, and purchasing it can bring heat to the whole practice. So Ron you have ordered from FV with success, ie no heat and say there are a .ot of good soil additives in their product? Did you order the pulverized or just the skins?

I think that's just being paranoid. There are NO CASES in the USA of someone being arrested solely for cactus material, even dried skins, unless it was Peyote. End of story. Those are the facts. You can be paranoid if you like but there’s no difference between buying dried mimosa or dried cactus. Both have illegal compounds in them and neither is prohibited as a plant.

SWIM has used both powder and pieces and they are the same. No difference.

amor_fati
#100 Posted : 5/22/2009 3:05:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

The only way that SWIY could possibly come under suspicion is if it were opened by customs (ordering from outside of the country), or if the vendor were raided for some sort of illegal practice (always a risk, but refutable vendors are generally too smart for this). Otherwise, no one will ever know SWIY is even in possession (it's not illegal anyway), unless SWIY shows it to them or is raided for some other reason.

«PREV34567NEXT»