We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
Pure white mescaline HCl from cactus using d-limonene (orange oil) Options

Fatcat
#61 Posted : 4/26/2009 1:39:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it the other alkaloids that potentate, or the acetate? Could one theoretically make mescaline HCL, freebase in calcium hydroxide and mix with vinegar to produce pure mescaline acetate that would be more potent? Thanks.
By allowing this message to pass through your cornea, into your retina, you accept it as is and agree to my disclaimer regarding my posts that they are a complete falsification by doing so freeing me of all liability, direct, indirect, consequential or incidental that may arise from the instillation of this post in your memory bank.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#62 Posted : 4/26/2009 1:47:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, but there would also be some calcium acetate present in it after doing that. You'd need to remove the calcium acetate after that step.

Mescaline acetate comes on quicker, is absorbed faster and peaks a little faster than mescaline HCl. I don’t really know why. It’s only slightly more potent because it absorbs faster. I assume it is more water soluble or something so it’s digested faster.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

PitfromGreece
#63 Posted : 4/28/2009 6:12:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is thinking to try the extraction with San Pedro incense, and he has a few questions.

What is the shelf life of mescaline hcl?
How much quicker you get the effects from mescaline acetate than hcl?
Is the duration of the effects similar?

How important is that all the solvents are food grade? SWIM can find everything in the "recipe" easily, but are not food grade.

Thank you.

69ron
#64 Posted : 4/28/2009 6:42:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PitfromGreece wrote:
SWIM is thinking to try the extraction with San Pedro incense, and he has a few questions.

What is the shelf life of mescaline hcl?
How much quicker you get the effects from mescaline acetate than hcl?
Is the duration of the effects similar?

How important is that all the solvents are food grade? SWIM can find everything in the "recipe" easily, but are not food grade.

Thank you.

Like bufotenine, mescaline lasts for thousands of years. Don’t worry about shelf life.

The acetate kicks in maybe after 15-45 minutes, while the HCl takes usually 30-90 minutes. The acetate peaks at about 3 1/2 hours, while the HCl peaks at about 4 hours. The total duration is about the same, 12 hours or so. The acetate has a faster onset and faster peak and is slightly stronger at the start because of it. However, the texture is waxy, not powdery like the HCl, and it’s much harder to purify.

You can use non-food grade. Food grade (FCC grade or USP grade) is healthier for you. Always use food grade whenever possible.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Phlux-
#65 Posted : 4/28/2009 7:07:44 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

to convert mesc acetate to hcl can one mix 75ml water with 3 drops hcl (as with the salting from xylene in the normal tek) then disolve the mesc acetate in that water and evap ?

also would it yeild the same to salt the d-limonene with dilute hcl as it would to salt it with vinegar ?

what are the pros and cons of the various forms of mescaline - like citrate, sulphate, hcl, acetate, tartrate etc...
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Noob
#66 Posted : 4/28/2009 7:19:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could you just use a citric acid and water solution to get mescaline citrate instead of acetate?

PitfromGreece
#67 Posted : 4/28/2009 7:23:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The acetate kicks in maybe after 15-45 minutes, while the HCl takes usually 30-90 minutes. The acetate peaks at about 3 1/2 hours, while the HCl peaks at about 4 hours. The total duration is about the same, 12 hours or so.

SWIM is thinking to use it in the same small dosages as SWIY 80-100mg, is the total duration still 12 hours?

texasTHC
#68 Posted : 5/2/2009 12:08:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

How exactly does the isopropanol purify the product so well? What happens if you skip the acetone and just use iso?

And the most important question: does the end product taste like oranges? Very happy

PitfromGreece
#69 Posted : 5/2/2009 3:07:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok guys, I found foodgrade hydrochloric acid, hydrochloric acid or muriatic acid is being used as a drug in homeopathy.

Its used in very rare events though and its rare to find. I made a search for muriaticum acidum liquid, and I found that this guy from U.K. carries it:

http://www.dennisthechem...dispensary/product-6124/

I asked him a few questions about the product for use in homeopathy, (purity and concentration) and I am waiting for a response. This product though is more expensive than using hydrochloric acid.

In any case I bought pure(?) hydrochloric acid 37% and I was wondering what is the easiest way to dilute it (glass bowl, water and a syringe?)

Quote:
Add 25 ml of water with 5 ml of 10% HCl solution to the d-limonene.

So this is a 2% HCL solution? If we start with 37% HCL it would be 1 part HCL to 18.5 parts water right?

Do HCL and water emulsify well?

69ron
#70 Posted : 5/2/2009 6:09:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

texasTHC wrote:
How exactly does the isopropanol purify the product so well? What happens if you skip the acetone and just use iso?

And the most important question: does the end product taste like oranges? Very happy

No it doesn't smell or taste anything like oranges. It is odorless and tastes like mescaline only (quite bitter). There’s not even the slightest hint of orange flavor present. The acetone and IPA washes get rid of everything except the mescaline HCl.

SWIM never skipped the acetone wash. Maybe it can be done with just IPA? I believe a wash with two different solvents will be better though.

69ron
#71 Posted : 5/2/2009 6:17:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

PitfromGreece wrote:
So this is a 2% HCL solution? If we start with 37% HCL it would be 1 part HCL to 18.5 parts water right?

Yeah. Correct. We don’t use concentrated HCl because it will react with something in the food grade d-limonene causing precipitation of something to occur making the extraction very difficult.

PitfromGreece wrote:
Do HCL and water emulsify well?

HCl is just hydrogen chloride gas dissolved in water. It’s very water soluble so it mixes very easily.

Cosmo
#72 Posted : 5/4/2009 11:14:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Ron, you're the man. This sounds like the easiest tek SWIM has ever read. My buddy SWIM is waitin on his materials then he can give it a go. STB is def the way to go and the least amount of aqua is the key to the highway. SWIM'S going with some crude containers, like gallon milk HDPE and pyrex for evap. For seperation he's not sure maybe he's gonna rig something up with a hdpe and a plug in the bottom, it's lame but good enough for a first go. The only thing SWIM wasn't sure of is that the updated tek says he can add hcl right to the d-limonene pull thus avoiding the vinegar, correct? Saving the acetone & IPA washes, has SWIM ever tried mixing with your mesc dose or is that what the crude extract contains before the washes? Thanks for the help and SWIM will post his results probably next week or so.
Waterfall, nothing can harm me at all, my worries seem so very small with my waterfall...Jimi

69ron
#73 Posted : 5/5/2009 4:58:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There are two different techs. One is vinegar based and this one is HCl based, no vinegar is used.

The acetone and IPA washes are active, but contain no mescaline. They are quite interesting and almost like harmaline in their effects but are more psychedelic. The crude extract would be the same as mixing the washes with mescaline HCl.

Cosmo
#74 Posted : 5/5/2009 10:55:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM needs help!!! He despined peeled and cored his Pedro, so he told me. He said he sliced it into tiny pieces. He needs to know about drying it. SWIM doesn't have a dehydrator, and putting in the sun isn't a possible. SWIM read that an oven at very low temps is ok. He's trying that but keeps turning it off as to keep the temp as low as possible. He doesn't want to burn or oxidize any of the goodies. Anyone with knowledge step up please. Thanks
Waterfall, nothing can harm me at all, my worries seem so very small with my waterfall...Jimi

texasTHC
#75 Posted : 5/7/2009 8:04:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Cosmo wrote:
SWIM needs help!!! He despined peeled and cored his Pedro, so he told me. He said he sliced it into tiny pieces. He needs to know about drying it. SWIM doesn't have a dehydrator, and putting in the sun isn't a possible. SWIM read that an oven at very low temps is ok. He's trying that but keeps turning it off as to keep the temp as low as possible. He doesn't want to burn or oxidize any of the goodies. Anyone with knowledge step up please. Thanks

Go to the store and get a bag of "crystal cat litter" (silica gel) and put it in an airtight container with your cactus for a few days.

Noob
#76 Posted : 5/7/2009 9:36:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Could you use 99% ethanol like "everclear"etc instead of the 99% IPA?

Phlux-
#77 Posted : 5/7/2009 9:44:50 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

using dessicant is a good idea but fan dry it inside a bit first -
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

69ron
#78 Posted : 5/7/2009 11:07:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Noob wrote:
Could you use 99% ethanol like "everclear"etc instead of the 99% IPA?

No.

antichode
#79 Posted : 5/7/2009 11:44:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the great Tek

Does the Calcium Hydroxide have to be pure? or can garden lime with %93 hydrated lime be used? Will the other trace elements end up in or alter the final product?

69ron
#80 Posted : 5/8/2009 12:11:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

antichode wrote:
Thanks for the great Tek

Does the Calcium Hydroxide have to be pure? or can garden lime with %93 hydrated lime be used? Will the other trace elements end up in or alter the final product?

Good question. I don’t know.

Why can't you get food grade lime? Try a Mexican grocery store. They usually have it near the spices. It's called "hydrated lime".

«PREV23456NEXT»